Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Okay I'll post...

Please just take this lightly, because it's a lot for a 30 min ep (though I think it'll be longer)...

Despite Deathbit, there are two other things that can happen, a Prime Sentinel or resurrection/mind control under Sinister (diamond forehead). It’s cannon that both Apocalypse and Sinister have resurrected mutants in the past.

The most important thing I keep going back to is Xavier’s vision in Ep 6. There’s something ominous about Gambit in this scene, like he’s about to do something of a cataclysmic scale. He turns into a Sentinel (foreshadowing a Prime Sentinel) Is he Sinister’s secret weapon? We saw the globe lit up in pink. We saw how powerful he could be against the Wild Sentinel. Is he going to kinetically charge something of a large scale? "You light up everything you touch"

Beau says on 2 occasions that it is “key” for Gambit to die not knowing that Rogue chose him at the gala. From Rogue’s perspective, it could be the thing that’s eating her up the most, the guilt, hence the reason why she betrayed Xavier and her family…or, from Gambit’s perspective, if resurrected, it’d be the catalyst to vent out his amplified anger, with no love, he’d be dead inside. Rogue’s the one that can cut through Gambit’s trance. I’d assume there would be a fight scene between the two at some point.

Now with this hint of a time-loop that Beau was referring to from that Star Trek ep, the loop could take place before the Genosha attack. Cable is can’t stop it, and Gambit will still die. But Nate can make small adjustments to change events WITHIN that short timeframe where he starts and where he ends up seeing his mother. For instance, Rogue could be getting dressed up for the gala planning to dance with Magneto, but what if there’s a subtle change? This time she notices the 'Queen of Hearts' card on her table reminding her of Remy, triggering her to rethink her choice. ‘Queen of Hearts’ has been a prominent motif this season, they even showed it in the final trailer. What if she dances with Remy instead of Erik? All of a sudden Gambit died knowing that he loved her. It then changes the perspective of Remy’s mindset in the present, he has his memory altered, all of a sudden he can cut through mind control whilst fighting Rogue, letting his guard down. “Breaking the spell” so to speak. “Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance” a "dance" can also refer to a fight...

As for Rogue, at the beginning of the ep she might be the one to put Magneto into a coma after what he did to Wolverine, I know Mags can protect himself from Rogue’s powers, but he’s in a weakened state or she catches him by surprise, putting a poetic end to their storyline that’s been built all season. Either that or Xavier mind wipes him again.

We know for a fact that Lenore has pretty much told us that Rogue’s goal is to avenge Remy (and she will do that). She’s after Bastion, she’s absorbed info from Gyrich which may contain vital info. So her “real journey begins” (Lenore’s words). It may also be her redemption for betraying the X-Men, saving Gambit for starters, and saving him from doing something horrible with his enhanced powers. “Rogue always comes to Gambit’s rescue”

Nightcrawler: “Love is best measured in what we forgive” foreshadowing her betrayal and her redemption.

This might carry over to season 2, we'll see. But the pacing for this show is quick, it can be covered in 8-10 mins of air time. Look at 'Fatal Attractions' and 'Inferno'.
    Thanks for sharing. Very insightful read and I feel like the evidence about the poker game and there being more to that with the Queen of Hearts suggests we'll see something like this, or a variation anyway, occur. This way his death will not be invalidated but won't be permanent either.

And like you said in your other post, the lack of Mystique makes me feel she'll be involved as well. She's too major a character to be missing this whole season which has so heavily featured Rogue and Kurt and their reunion. No one clarifying who the mystery woman was at the funeral also seems to suggest it's a spoiler.

Gambit (Death), Maddie (Pestilence), Calisto (Famine), and Wolverine (War). That's my latest guess. Not a bad line-up if it happens. If they write it well, it could be a great story.

I haven't seen that Star Trek episode (not my thing), so I'll opt out of any theories...
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Gambit (Death), Maddie (Pestilence), Calisto (Famine), and Wolverine (War). That's my latest guess. Not a bad line-up if it happens. If they write it well, it could be a great story.

I haven't seen that Star Trek episode (not my thing), so I'll opt out of any theories...
    I think Beau was being coy about a Dazzler resurrection. So I'd throw her into the mix...

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Very insightful read and I feel like the evidence about the poker game and there being more to that with the Queen of Hearts suggests we'll see something like this, or a variation anyway, occur. This way his death will not be invalidated but won't be permanent either.

And like you said in your other post, the lack of Mystique makes me feel she'll be involved as well. She's too major a character to be missing this whole season which has so heavily featured Rogue and Kurt and their reunion. No one clarifying who the mystery woman was at the funeral also seems to suggest it's a spoiler.
    Beau posted a zipper mouth emoji when asked about Mystique this season.

It might be Cable communicating with Gambit through the Astral Plane? Which might be what Chris Potter was talking about? Now it looks like playing cards are involved in this and surely if Gambit is trying to communicate, Rogue would need to be involved.

Rogue is mystery to me, I can't predict where she's going because she changes her mind 2-3 times an episode. At the moment she's in Asteroid M fighting AGAINST the X-Men, but we're at the climax of that battle assuming that Magneto gets taken down by Xavier (or maybe by Rogue herself). We know she's out to avenge Remy this season, in doing so, she needs to return to Earth.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-10-2024 at 06:33 AM.

Right, Dazzler. I keep forgetting her. Maybe Famine? I don't know. Callisto would make more sense in a poetic way, but Dazzler is more popular.

Once Rogue sees what Mags did to Logan, I would be surprised if she didn't switch back to siding with the X-Men. I see Rogue as being a free agent in this series, she's not really committed to anything unless it suits her end game, but seeing Logan (her friend) tortured like that is crossing a line.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

It might be Cable communicating with Gambit through the Astral Plane? Which might be what Chris Potter was talking about? Now it looks like playing cards are involved in this and surely if Gambit is trying to communicate, Rogue would need to be involved.

Rogue is mystery to me, I can't predict where she's going because she changes her mind 2-3 times an episode. At the moment she's in Asteroid M fighting AGAINST the X-Men, but we're at the climax of that battle assuming that Magneto gets taken down by Xavier (or maybe by Rogue herself). We know she's out to avenge Remy this season, in doing so, she needs to return to Earth.
    Soooo what if the Queen of Hearts ends up not being burnt up but instead at the very least ends up in his trench coat pocket? We get a repeat of most post-episode 5 staying kinda the same but instead of Rogue joining Magneto, she finds the card, decides not to abandon the X-Men and then insists on joining the Gold Team on their mission to stomp out Bastion - like she was originally hot to in episode 7. Could keep in line with her VA insisting Rogue won’t stop until she avenges Gambit which we were all like ‘the fuck is she gonna do that by joining Magneto?’ She’s then there to change course of the gold fight. And perhaps Jean & Cable still have their fight and she still goes Phoenix but Rogue is now around should the white hot room open up and drag Gambit’s cajun ass back to the land of the living.

IDK, spit balling
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 05-10-2024 at 06:39 AM.

Just noticed...

Nightcralwer: "It does not take a priest to see you and Rogue's souls touch in every gaze"

Lenore keeps calling Rogue and Gambit soulmates in interviews. She also quoted a line from Rogue in X-Treme X-Men #18 where Rogue saves Gambit from death in the astral plane. This was the line Lenore quoted...

“We’re X men. What defines us is hope. That's why we don't give up. That's why, no matter the odds, we find a way to win.” - Rogue (XTreme X-Men)

Just noticed...

Nightcralwer: "It does not take a priest to see you and Rogue's souls touch in every gaze"

Lenore keeps calling Rogue and Gambit soulmates in interviews. She also quoted a line from Rogue in X-Treme X-Men #18 where Rogue saves Gambit from death in the astral plane. This was the line Lenore quoted...

“We’re X men. What defines us is hope. That's why we don't give up. That's why, no matter the odds, we find a way to win.” - Rogue (XTreme X-Men)
    I wasn't convinced of the Astral Plane angle at first, but when you put it like that...maybe???
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Wow, Sparta, that's amazing you drop that theory right before we got this new tease. Bravo!

Alright, let me take another crack at this:

- Gold Team is on the ropes, but not done. Maybe Jean does tap into the Phoenix to turn the tide.
    - Xavier shuts down Magneto and takes Jean's place in helping Wolverine. I don't see them skipping Bone Claw Wolverine and he'll be one of the focuses in S2. Blue Team heads to Gold Team.
    - Sinister, trying to escape, releases a resurrected Gambit. Unknown to Sinister, his experiment unlocked (unlocking?) his New Sun powers. This will finally give us a Gambit-Sinister connection and sets up Deathbit in a later season.
    - New Sun vs. Phoenix. The Phoenix is really the only card they can play to slow him down.
    - Rogue arrives and she can't reach Gambit. She realizes that he's being fueled by what happened in Genosha. She tells Cable to go back to change what happened at the Gala. This will weaken Gambit and allow Rogue/Jean to breakthrough.
    - Now we get a spin on Astral Plane. Gambit wants to die and keep his heroic sacrifice intact. Rogue won't let him as she wants more. Gambit is saved. Both of them leave the team to deal with everything that has happened and explore their relationship.

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 05-10-2024 at 07:18 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Wow, Sparta, that's amazing you drop that theory right before we got this new tease. Bravo!

- Gold Team is on the ropes, but not done. Maybe Jean does tap into the Phoenix to turn the tide.
    - Xavier shuts down Magneto and takes Jean's place in helping Wolverine. I don't see them skipping Bone Claw Wolverine and he'll be one of the focuses in S2. Blue Team heads to Gold Team.
    - Sinister, trying to escape, releases a resurrected Gambit. Unknown to Sinister, his experiment unlocked (unlocking?) his New Sun powers. This will finally give us a Gambit-Sinister connection and sets up Deathbit in a later season.
    - New Sun vs. Phoenix. The Phoenix is really the only card they can play to slow him down.
    - Rogue arrives and she can't reach Gambit. She realizes that he's being fueled by what happened in Genosha. She tells Cable to go back to change what happened at the Gala. This will weaken Gambit and allow Rogue/Jean to breakthrough.
    - Now we get a spin on Astral Plane. Gambit wants to die and keep his heroic sacrifice intact. Rogue won't let him as she wants more. Gambit is saved. Both of them leave the team to deal with everything that has happened and explore their relationship.

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would also work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    That would be an epic end of season

Forgot to mention, Romy's most important line of this season: "Some things are deeper than skin" = their souls. So maybe Gambit's soul is trapped somewhere and the only way to get to him is via the astral plane. That's where Cable (and Jean) come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    I know Phoenix is teased...

Somehow Rogue needs to join the Gold Team. Like what Nox said, I think she'll be a free agent after what she did and said to her teammates in ep 9, unless that gets erased...

Just noticed...

Forgot to mention, Romy's most important line of this season: "Some things are deeper than skin" = their souls. So maybe Gambit's soul is trapped somewhere and the only way to get to him is via the astral plane. That's where Cable (and Jean) come in.

I know Phoenix is teased...

Somehow Rogue needs to join the Gold Team. Like what Nox said, I think she'll be a free agent after what she did and said to her teammates in ep 9, unless that gets erased...
    I feel this is Lenore giving us hints if she's quoting specifically from that issue where Rogue saved Gambit from moving on. It would fit in perfectly that Remy was ready to move on after his sacrifice but Rogue comes after him to pull him back to the living. There could still be drama in future episodes from Rogue making that choice for Remy. In X-Treme X-Men #18, I think somebody even told Rogue that Remy may not ever forgive her for that (don't remember who said it to her now), so there's definitely drama to be milked here in S2. Just as long as they don't reintroduce the love triangle.

ok I give up, I don't know what to think anymore

and a little about Storm and Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Soooo what if the Queen of Hearts ends up not being burnt up but instead at the very least ends up in his trench coat pocket? We get a repeat of most post-episode 5 staying kinda the same but instead of Rogue joining Magneto, she finds the card, decides not to abandon the X-Men and then insists on joining the Gold Team on their mission to stomp out Bastion - like she was originally hot to in episode 7. Could keep in line with her VA insisting Rogue won’t stop until she avenges Gambit which we were all like ‘the fuck is she gonna do that by joining Magneto?’ She’s then there to change course of the gold fight. And perhaps Jean & Cable still have their fight and she still goes Phoenix but Rogue is now around should the white hot room open up and drag Gambit’s cajun ass back to the land of the living.

IDK, spit balling
    I would've thought Rogue would find the 'Queen of Hearts' in his pocket. If there was time-travel or time-looping maybe that time frame works where she betrays the X-Men? Maybe, because she needs to be with Jean and Cable.