Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1354

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ZvO5zPrWO/

BCP: Rogue and Gambit’s love story is one for the ages. Did you have any concerns or apprehensions when they introduced Magneto’s love triangle to the series?

LZ: Yeah, I thought oh boy, a lot of the Rogue and Gambit fans are going to be upset, but I also realize it’s a story and has been in the comics. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. I believe that Rogue and Gambit are soulmates, but sometimes people have to go through life alone as well. And Rogue, she’s been very lonely in her life and her journey now really, with the death of Gambit, is just beginning. She’s on a mission, and she wants to see it through. She wants to find justice for Remy, and she will do that.

-----

What I've bolded is pretty much her character arc for the rest of this season. So I think she'll wake from her coma in ep 9 with vital info from absorbing Gyrich. I wonder if she's coming after either Bastion of Sinister? This interview took place after episode 7, so there's more to come.

Beau confirmed that Val isn't Mystique, I think she's the mysterious dark haired woman at Remy's funeral and she'll have something to do with his resurrection.

I know there's speculation that Rogue might join Magneto in his war against humanity (Beau has told everyone to read Uncanny #304 for this next ep) the one where Colossus betrays the X-Men and joins Magneto at his sister's funeral. I could happen, because she's mourning Gambit, though I'm leaning more towards Beast (or maybe both). But wouldn't Rogue joining Magneto betray Remy rather than avenge him? Not saying she'd join Magneto romantically, otherwise they would've left the love triangle up in the air rather than having her choose Remy. That said, Magneto's EMP just killed thousands of innocent lives (plane crashes, pacemakers, ICU etc). But I'll take Lenore's word for it and say that Rogue's mission is to avenge Gambit considering that she's been tweeting about that for the last 2-3 weeks.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-05-2024 at 06:21 AM.

I guess the idea that Mystique is involved really appeals to me. Bastion was indirectly involved in Gambit's death, he kills Nightcrawler in the comics (something I wasn't aware of previously, maybe that happens in '97), so imagine Rogue's reaction if Mystique was involved in the Bastion plot as Val Cooper? The melodrama that ensues would be too good to miss out on. Doesn't mean it'll happen, of course (though I don't really trust DeMayo's word on anything), but, boy, that would make for a good story.

I think it's really strange no one has confirmed who that woman was at Remy's funeral.

I wonder if the Bastion storyline will be resolved in episode 9. If that's the case, then would that make Magneto the big bad of the season and that the X-men will face off against him in episode 10? Or will the Bastion storyline stretch out for two more episodes?

I could see enough reasons why Rogue would or would not join Magneto. Would she say that there's been enough killing and side against him? Or would Mags play on her emotions and remind her that she should be avenging Gambit's death (and maybe Nightcrawler's if that happens)? Coin toss.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I guess the idea that Mystique is involved really appeals to me. Bastion was indirectly involved in Gambit's death, he kills Nightcrawler in the comics (something I wasn't aware of previously, maybe that happens in '97), so imagine Rogue's reaction if Mystique was involved in the Bastion plot as Val Cooper? The melodrama that ensues would be too good to miss out on. Doesn't mean it'll happen, of course (though I don't really trust DeMayo's word on anything), but, boy, that would make for a good story.
    I don't think Val is Mystique, I'll actually take Beau's word on this one. Some of Val's actions this season have been too OOC to be Mystique. I am worried about Kurt, because Beau mentioned how scary Bastion was in 'Necrosha' which took place around the time he killed Kurt in 'Second Coming'. Someone asked Lenore on IG about Nightcrawler being a permanent member of the X-Men and she answered "I'll send a note to the producers" ...really hope he's not getting killed, but maybe he returns home?

I think it's really strange no one has confirmed who that woman was at Remy's funeral.
    Yeah, she seems too random. They're very much into adding cameos of genuine characters, it is strange.

I wonder if the Bastion storyline will be resolved in episode 9. If that's the case, then would that make Magneto the big bad of the season and that the X-men will face off against him in episode 10? Or will the Bastion storyline stretch out for two more episodes?
    Yeah I think Magneto will be the main antagonist in the finale. Xavier will shut him down. Mr Sinister might pull something as well. Bastion could be done by ep 9...

I could see enough reasons why Rogue would or would not join Magneto. Would she say that there's been enough killing and side against him? Or would Mags play on her emotions and remind her that she should be avenging Gambit's death (and maybe Nightcrawler's if that happens)? Coin toss.
    Beau mentioned that thousands will be killed due to the EMP. Rogue fighting alongside Magneto could be why Beau mentioned (twice) about the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him. Now if you're a brainwashed evil Gambit, how would you react if you see Rogue working with Magneto? If Kurt gets killed in ep 9, then it'd be enough for Rogue to go over the edge. But at the same time, she needs to be strong enough to make the right choice, her joining an enraged Magneto would be yet another bad decision she's made on this show.

Okay Beau's being coy about Dazzler's "death"...

https://twitter.com/AntoninMoreau20/...88180064199079

It's the EXACT same reaction when someone asked about Magneto's "death" (before ep 7)

https://twitter.com/twydlam/status/1782062567315177736

Now Dazzler's body was shown laying dead in Genosha (just like Gambit). So she might join Remy as either one of Sinister's experiments...or Horseman.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-05-2024 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ZvO5zPrWO/

BCP: Rogue and Gambit’s love story is one for the ages. Did you have any concerns or apprehensions when they introduced Magneto’s love triangle to the series?

LZ: Yeah, I thought oh boy, a lot of the Rogue and Gambit fans are going to be upset, but I also realize it’s a story and has been in the comics. It’s not like it came out of nowhere. I believe that Rogue and Gambit are soulmates, but sometimes people have to go through life alone as well. And Rogue, she’s been very lonely in her life and her journey now really, with the death of Gambit, is just beginning. She’s on a mission, and she wants to see it through. She wants to find justice for Remy, and she will do that.

-----

What I've bolded is pretty much her character arc for the rest of this season. So I think she'll wake from her coma in ep 9 with vital info from absorbing Gyrich. I wonder if she's coming after either Bastion of Sinister? This interview took place after episode 7, so there's more to come.
    Now this is why I don't read tweets, posts or interviews concerning XTAS 97. It only brings me down.

Also I think Leonore got one thing wrong. She said: "a lot of the Rogue and Gambit fans are going to be upset, ". I think it was more, I think it was every Romy fan. With the exception of those who are Romy fans and Rogneto fans.

Oh, interesting re: Lenore's comments about Nightcrawler. I (perhaps naively) assumed he was part of the main cast now. The show isn't afraid to pull some shocking twists, so Kurt may be in real danger. If they do go that route, that would mean they would be killing off yet another fan fave character. If time travel is off the table, how do you bring them back in a way that makes sense? They can't all be Horsemen, unless Sinister is a very busy boy and just starts reanimating dead mutants left and right. They really need to establish that parallel story soon: either Sinister or Apocalypse...or something else. I can't imagine ending a season with both Gambit and Kurt dead (among others) and *maybe* Rogue siding with Magneto...ugh...I like this show a lot, but I have my limits. Rogue siding with Mags, and Gambit coming back, would add some melodrama, for sure, but if he rips out Logan's adamantium, I don't see her siding with him very long.

I would prefer it if Bastion's story ends at episode 9. As far as villains go, I don't find him all that compelling and felt absolutely nothing in regard to his origins/childhood in episode 8. I'd rather see Mags go to the dark side and have Xavier shut down his mind after Wolverine gets his adamantium ripped out. Just give us a hint of hope Gambit (and others) are coming back already!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Amazing Member

It's not just that DeMayo killed Gambit, it's that before that, what need was there for Rogue to wear the same dress as on her first date with Gambit to dance and kiss with Magneto? She could have worn any other dress, another color, any dress similar to the ones she has worn at the Hellfire galas, but no, she had to wear that red dress, or why did Nightcrawler have to tell Gambit to marry Rogue? It wasn't necessary either... Even if Gambit is resurrected, which is a big "if," we now know for sure that there will be no happy ending between Rogue and Gambit at the end of the season and that they won't dance together "fixing things", so what reasons were there to make those choices in the script before killing Gambit? Wasn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Now this is why I don't read tweets, posts or interviews concerning XTAS 97. It only brings me down.

Also I think Leonore got one thing wrong. She said: "a lot of the Rogue and Gambit fans are going to be upset, ". I think it was more, I think it was every Romy fan. With the exception of those who are Romy fans and Rogneto fans.
    Sorry about that, but I do think Gambit's coming back at some point...but I'd keep expectations low, it's the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Oh, interesting re: Lenore's comments about Nightcrawler. I (perhaps naively) assumed he was part of the main cast now. The show isn't afraid to pull some shocking twists, so Kurt may be in real danger. If they do go that route, that would mean they would be killing off yet another fan fave character. If time travel is off the table, how do you bring them back in a way that makes sense? They can't all be Horsemen, unless Sinister is a very busy boy and just starts reanimating dead mutants left and right. They really need to establish that parallel story soon: either Sinister or Apocalypse...or something else. I can't imagine ending a season with both Gambit and Kurt dead (among others) and *maybe* Rogue siding with Magneto...ugh...I like this show a lot, but I have my limits. Rogue siding with Mags, and Gambit coming back, would add some melodrama, for sure, but if he rips out Logan's adamantium, I don't see her siding with him very long.

I would prefer it if Bastion's story ends at episode 9. As far as villains go, I don't find him all that compelling and felt absolutely nothing in regard to his origins/childhood in episode 8. I'd rather see Mags go to the dark side and have Xavier shut down his mind after Wolverine gets his adamantium ripped out. Just give us a hint of hope Gambit (and others) are coming back already!
    Magneto to Rogue in ep 2: "Do you think your team will still trust you if they knew?"

Nightcrawler to Gambit in ep 5: "Love is best measured in what we forgive"

It all sounds like foreshadowing because Kurt's line to Remy was a headscratcher, Rogue hasn't really done anything horribly wrong to Gambit, yes, the dance with Erik in front of him was inconsiderate, but her joining Magneto in war is something that would put her at odds against him and her teammates (as Magneto told her in ep 2). Lenore is voice acting for season 2, so she's probably an X-Man at the very beginning of season 2 (and at the end of season 1). But I'm starting to think she'll screw up again this season and would need to earn back their trust.

Kurt's in danger too in ep 9 I think, the finale could be a mix of Fatal Attractions and Planet X, Magneto out of control. But I think Rogue will come to her senses, with Sinister around there is space for Gambit to come into the storyline (for Rogue to redeem herself by saving him), but we'll keep our expectations low for Remy...
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-05-2024 at 09:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

I’m sorry, I don’t know how anyone could think that line doesn’t make magneto sound like a creeper. You can’t tell anyone, because it would look bad on you, no it doesn’t! It makes the ‘teacher’ look bad, not the ‘student’! WTH! And they just played it off like, nothing wrong here, she’s just conflicted. Nothing at all wrong with banging students/ interns/patients you are allegedly trying to help, everyone is adults….

Anyway, what I actually came here to say. Regarding Val copper as mystique. Could be little of both, Val is a real person and a human, mystique has impersonated her someone’s to get more info, etc… from the ‘human side.’ So, that is all, lol.

Sorry about that, but I do think Gambit's coming back at some point...but I'd keep expectations low, it's the best way.
    No need to feel sorry. I just know that whatever happens in this season, another season or potentially not at all: I don’t think killing Remy was the right choice.

Magneto to Rogue in ep 2: "Do you think your team will still trust you if they knew?"

Nightcrawler to Gambit in ep 5: "Love is best measured in what we forgive"

It all sounds like foreshadowing because Kurt's line to Remy was a headscratcher, Rogue hasn't really done anything horribly wrong to Gambit, yes, the dance with Erik in front of him was inconsiderate, but her joining Magneto in war is something that would put her at odds against him and her teammates (as Magneto told her in ep 2). Lenore is voice acting for season 2, so she's probably an X-Man at the very beginning of season 2 (and at the end of season 1). But I'm starting to think she'll screw up again this season and would need to earn back their trust.

Kurt's in danger too in ep 9 I think, the finale could be a mix of Fatal Attractions and Planet X, Magneto out of control. But I think Rogue will come to her senses, with Sinister around there is space for Gambit to come into the storyline (for Rogue to redeem herself by saving him), but we'll keep our expectations low for Remy...
    I do think Rogue's behavior towards Gambit this season was genuinely bad, though. I've been rewatching the original series, and, although she never says she loves him, she gives him absolutely every reason to believe that she does. She repeatedly touches him (through clothing), holds onto him, puts her arm around his waist, gives him kisses over her gloved hand. She uses the alias Mrs LeBeau in an episode at the last season. And the bonus basketball scene in the opening suggests that they've had even more moments like that. The show went out of the way to make that scene have Rogue reciprocating/initiating the kiss instead of flipping him off as she does in the comic. If she doesn't cheat on him, it's only very much by a technicality.

I gaslit myself the first few episodes into thinking it was going to be about Gambit's insecurity and Rogue was just working on her powers with Magneto, because that was the only way her behavior was even remotely okay. At least in Legacy, Gambit breaks up with her first....
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-05-2024 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I do think Rogue's behavior towards Gambit this season was genuinely bad, though. I've been rewatching the original series, and, although she never says she loves him, she gives him absolutely every reason to believe that she does. She repeatedly touches him (through clothing), holds onto him, puts her arm around his waist, gives him kisses over her gloved hand. She uses the alias Mrs LeBeau in an episode at the last season. And the bonus basketball scene in the opening suggests that they've had even more moments like that. The show went out of the way to make that scene have Rogue reciprocating/initiating the kiss instead of flipping him off as she does in the comic. If she doesn't cheat on him, it's only very much by a technicality.

I gaslit myself the first few episodes into thinking it was going to be about Gambit's insecurity and Rogue was just working on her powers with Magneto, because that was the only way her behavior was even remotely okay. At least in Legacy, Gambit breaks up with her first....
    Is the basketball kiss the best Romy scene we got in the season? With best I mean them acting like they are a couple. All in all episode 5 had none of that, Gambit arrives at Genosha with Magneto hovering over them and he dies thinking she picked Magneto. Maybe if episode 1 had some scene I can’t remember. Otherwise the best scene and pretty much the only romantic scene between them never happened in the show. It’s just a scene from the opening theme.

Is the basketball kiss the best Romy scene we got in the season? With best I mean them acting like they are a couple. All in all episode 5 had none of that, Gambit arrives at Genosha with Magneto hovering over them and he dies thinking she picked Magneto. There is if episode 1 had some scene I can’t remember. Otherwise the best scene and pretty much the only romantic scene between them never happened in the show. It’s just a scene from the opening theme.
    I thought the scene on the balcony was cute where he said any worthwhile man would gladly suffer her hand for a dance, but I also thought it was odd since he had made it very clear he was that man, and she had made it clear she wanted him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I thought the scene on the balcony was cute where he said any worthwhile man would gladly suffer her hand for a dance, but I also thought it was odd since he had made it very clear he was that man, and she had made it clear she wanted him to be.
    Yeah, that must be the closest we got. It’s not bad but it’s hardly even an appetizer. 97 really puts all the weight on 92 when it comes to deliver flirting and romance in the Romy department.

Yeah, that must be the closest we got. It’s not bad but it’s hardly even an appetizer. 97 really puts all the weight on 92 when it comes to deliver flirting and romance in the Romy department.
    I guess they had to downplay it or else the random Rogneto would have made Rogue look even worse.

Also, imagine if they adapted X-Men #24, had Gambit give that speech, and then Genosha happened. It would have been even more devastating. Why didn't they go for that instead of the love triangle?

The playful Romy stuff was all in ep 1. Eps 2-5 were pretty much hijacked by Magneto. Even in death Kurt snuck in a "Gambit AND Magneto" line only to see Mags alive 10 mins later. There was the break-up scene (which was well acted) ...and Rogue holding Gambit's dead body "I can't feel you".

Probably the best part was their action scene when they went on the attack against the Sentinels in ep 5 to save the Morlocks, Rogue felt content with choosing Remy and were playful again with a couple of quips with smiles on their faces, and made the audience know that it felt right that they were together for that very brief moment.

Truth be told, in XTAS they had VERY little relationship development in 5 seasons it was all about Rogue brushing him off but fretting over him whenever he was in trouble (even in the slightest way). There were some frustrating episodes like the "Nightcralwer" ep were Rogue and Gambit could've had some real development at the ski resort but instead they threw Wolverine in there and Gambit was knocked out for the majority of the episode, Gambit should've played Wolverine's role. Overall a lot of small moments instead of giving us a bit more meat.