Page 73 of 90 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1348

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    spoilers:
    As Jiminy_Cricket said the "buried here" conversation makes no sense except to point out that Remy is buried and it's not here where they can see the grave. When I watched that scene I just rolled my eyes, but this show is often not clever or subtle with it's foreshadowing. It's like: Oh I wish the ____ would not appear now. Then ____ appears just a second later. It's tongue in cheek but it's juvenile, I keep rolling my eyes.

So atm everythign points towards a cliffhanger with Remy's open grave. I don't want it, but it's sure looks that way. The biggest sign is that no one except Rogue seems to care that he is gone. That plot has been put squarly on her shoulders for some reason.

That reason is probably due to pacing. So much is squashed in here that we get bare bones of structure so we can go through a highlights reel of famous X-men moments and plots. Sometimes it works and sometiems it gets very obvious. Rogue really need more scenes, escpecially after she and Roberto joined up with Magneto. So those three could get united. Now they left, later "Blue team" leaves and Rogue is just flying in attacking her family. We can all piece togheter it, guess what is going through her head but it's not earnt for us viewers. It's not properly built up. It's rushed so we can get to the action, so we can get to: Logan without adamantium and birth of Onslaught.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I wish there were small comments made in regards to Remy dying by anyone other than Rogue. It's not hard to do. I'm still in disbelief in how much they're playing up the Storm/Jean friendship. It's almost ridiculous. There's not much basis for this in XTAS.
    end of spoilers

I hope they consider lengthening the duration of the episodes in future seasons. 45 minutes or an hour would allow them to flesh out the different relationships. Doubt they will, but a girl can dream.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

One more point. I am really enjoying X'97. Whilst I am a bit miffed about Gambit being killed off half way through, this series has had me back and engaged with the franchise and community in a way that I haven't been for about a decade.

I seriously hope they continue with the weekly episodes and don't do a full series drop going forward. I think it would cheapen the experience.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if Rogue will use her powers to put Wolvie’s skeleton back in his body?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    hold on Wolvy!
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

My biggest fear is Gambit's return won't be treated like a main event storyline. It's going to happen and then he's just going to be treated like "one of the storylines".

spoilers:
    the episode does give me hope that Deathbit is not coming, instead it will be Magneto Rogue and Sunspot as Horsemen. And Gambit will be the one to fix it. But if they put Gambit on the team I would hate that. Magento said he was giving orders and Gambit becomes Death to give the orders. It would make sense thematically but maybe they go a different route. Or maybe Rogue becomes Death.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gripstir; 05-08-2024 at 08:11 AM.

New interview with Lenore Zann....

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/x-men-9...re-zann-rogue/

You keep teasing “get ready” in terms of Rogue going rogue more and more. What can you tease even further about the final episode or perhaps the second season? Have you even started recording the second season?

LZ: Yeah, I’ve basically recorded the second season. I’ll be coming back to do ADR, which always happens, but all I can say is that Rogue is on a mission to find justice for Remy and for all of those other mutants who were murdered. That is her number one goal, and she will continue on that until she is done. That’s all I’ll say.

-----------------------------------------------------------

She's said this last time too about getting justice for Remy. Though Rogue's got a funny way of avenging Gambit after this episode...

Considering Gambit came to Genosha because Magneto asked Rogue to join him at the gala (basically asking her out on a date)...and that Remy was afraid of losing her (which he did briefly)...and then died there...spoilers:
    and now she's joined Magneto (maybe not romantically) but I doubt Remy would approve...
    end of spoilers

Hopefully she comes to her senses in the finale. Seeing as though she's avenging Gambit, logically she'd go after Bastion next ep.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

spoilers:
    Did Wolverine become Death at some point also? I seem to remember that's how he got his adamantium back. Wonder if he will also be a horseman? Maybe changing him from Death to War. After all "He's seen a lot of war bub!"
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    Did Wolverine become Death at some point also? I seem to remember that's how he got his adamantium back. Wonder if he will also be a horseman? Maybe changing him from Death to War. After all "He's seen a lot of war bub!"
    end of spoilers
    Yes with Hulk as war. It was during the Alan Davis era if I remember correctly. Sabretooth had adamantium and Apocalypse stripped him of it and gave it to Logan. He also had a sword… don’t know why.

Remember how in promotional materials Beau DeMayo said that Rogue is the mascot of the series ...

Beau DeMayo on Rogue's role in ‘X-MEN '97’:
    “This great mascot for the show — not in the high-school type of way. She can find a deeper type of intimacy and connection. You’ll see that’s a central theme this season.”

So let's summarize
    Currently Rogue is:
    1) Terrible girlfriend
    2) Emotionally unstable mutant terrorist
    3) Killer (almost)
    spoilers:
    4) Traitor
    end of spoilers

the perfect mascot I think

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Remember how in promotional materials Beau DeMayo said that Rogue is the mascot of the series ...

“This great mascot for the show — not in the high-school type of way. She can find a deeper type of intimacy and connection. You’ll see that’s a central theme this season.”

So let's summarize
    Currently Rogue is:
    1) Terrible girlfriend
    3) Killer (almost)
    spoilers:
    4) Traitor
    end of spoilers

From light-hearted hero to grim apologist for the antagonist. Gotta say her arc mirrors most the fandoms

So let's summarize
    Currently Rogue is:
    1) Terrible girlfriend
    3) Killer (almost)
    spoilers:
    4) Traitor
    end of spoilers

She and Gambit were never in a relationship in the original show, but otherwise...yeah. I hope this depiction doesn't sour her for the general public more than the movies did.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    She and Gambit were never in a relationship in the original show, but otherwise...yeah. I hope this depiction doesn't sour her for the general public more than the movies did.
    You guys are worried about nothing. Polaris has long locked up "worst girlfriend ever" in the original series when she faked her death because she didn't want to break up with Iceman using words.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I feel like I watched an entirely different show than whatever he’s describing here.

Oh wow. Ha! This is why I don't trust half of what DeMayo tweets out.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 05-08-2024 at 10:47 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

He said that as season 1 was done. So there is no wriggle room, no chance to claim it changed. I get PR but he’s playing games. Fun if you are into that but I prefer standard question and answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    New interview with Lenore Zann....

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/x-men-9...re-zann-rogue/

You keep teasing “get ready” in terms of Rogue going rogue more and more. What can you tease even further about the final episode or perhaps the second season? Have you even started recording the second season?

LZ: Yeah, I’ve basically recorded the second season. I’ll be coming back to do ADR, which always happens, but all I can say is that Rogue is on a mission to find justice for Remy and for all of those other mutants who were murdered. That is her number one goal, and she will continue on that until she is done. That’s all I’ll say.

-----------------------------------------------------------

She's said this last time too about getting justice for Remy. Though Rogue's got a funny way of avenging Gambit after this episode...

Considering Gambit came to Genosha because Magneto asked Rogue to join him at the gala (basically asking her out on a date)...and that Remy was afraid of losing her (which he did briefly)...and then died there...spoilers:
    and now she's joined Magneto (maybe not romantically) but I doubt Remy would approve...
    end of spoilers

Hopefully she comes to her senses in the finale. Seeing as though she's avenging Gambit, logically she'd go after Bastion next ep.
    I also found this quote interesting: "This time around, we’re all in different cities, and because of COVID, studios have now become used to recording people on their own. So I was mostly imagining the character of Gambit when I was doing my lines. When I finally got to meet AJ this past year, we just got on like a house on fire. We have a very good relationship. I think it’s great that Chris has passed on the mantle to A.J. and A.J. has taken the torch and is running with it."

1. Second confirmation AJ was in the studio last year.
    2. That, mes amis, is the present tense. If AJ were playing a different character (he is very talented and could very well do so), she wouldn't be using the present tense here, would she?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 05-08-2024 at 04:45 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.