Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1342

Has anyone come up with any theories about Gambit being cloned in 97? That short interaction he had with Maddie at the Gala could be a nod to that. It's a Mr. Sinister thing to do, and Claremont did something like that in one of his alternate universes, I never read it, but I know about it.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I got a question for Rogue fans. We often talk about how Gambit is written poorly by dudes who can't empathize with the charming womanizer and end up character assassinating him. Do you think Rogue often gets character assassinated cause writers can't understand the southern Belle tomboy trope? I feel like I see the romantic Rogue somtimes, then the girl boss Rogue, or the Rogue that tends to overpower Remy personality wise, but I feel like there seeing a good Rogue, who is compassionate and feminine while being tomboy who is down to fight is so tricky for comic writers to write too cause they tend to avoid her southern rots and style into her personality. And the complexity that region brings to her personality
    I think the issue is continuity of writers. It was easier for Rogue and other characters to have a consistent tone of voice when you have someone like Claremont across basically the entire X-Line. There are now so many different books by so many different writing teams, with characters rotating between them. This can lead to characterisation being a bit muddled.

Kelly Thompson had a good handle on Rogue (although both her Gambit and Rogue come across just a tad "cutesy"). Phillips on the other hand made Rogue a joyless "girl boss" and took away alot of the fun the character represents.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Has anyone come up with any theories about Gambit being cloned in 97? That short interaction he had with Maddie at the Gala could be a nod to that. It's a Mr. Sinister thing to do, and Claremont did something like that in one of his alternate universes, I never read it, but I know about it.
    If you go back all of the way to XTAS, most of the team was kidnapped by Sinister in the Savage Land. I suppose Sinister could have taken DNA samples from the team off screen OR he somehow got his hands on the body before it left Genosha.

As for Rogue's characterization, sometimes writers do lean a bit too much in one way: she can be a bit of a killjoy sometimes when they make her a girl boss without a sense of humor. Why writers want to make her annoyed with Gambit is something I rarely understand. Sure, she can take her role seriously as team leader or whatever, but she can still have fun doing it.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 05-07-2024 at 04:45 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I know Gail loves her women so i hope she doesn't make Gambit the butt of jokes in the upcoming comics. She said she makes fun of her favorites but not to take it too personally. I guess I can see that from her past twitter (like Wolverine and Gambit smelling, saying Wolverine is Scurvy etc.). But I am genuinely excited for this cast. So, I hope her humor about the characters is in small bits.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-07-2024 at 11:04 PM.

Spoilers for EP 9

spoilers:
    Some pros and cons. Pro, Rogue is awake! Con, Rogue joins Magneto. Pro, Magneto did the thing and took out Wolverine's adamantium so probably just a one and done joining for her. She and Roberto probably will rejoin the team by the end of the season. Con, no mention hints of Gambit resurrection yet sadly. EP 10 is our last hope.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Fatal Attraction and Rogue defecting to Magneto's side is probably why Remy hasn't come back yet. I've been wondering why it's been taking so long especially because there's a gaping hole in my heart I want to fill already lol. I will be very upset if there isn't some indication of his return next episode, such as Deathbit. Rogue's reaction to briefly thinking Remy might have come back was so tragic.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    Of course DeMayo had to use Remy's death to get Rogue to side with Magneto. Rogue's X-Men'97 has the worst characterization since the movies.
    end of spoilers

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

spoilers:
    X-Men 97 is doing Rogue no favors. JFC. She joins Magneto instead of ripping Bastion apart with her bare hands?

Her wearing his trench coat was pretty cute.

Random lament from Prof X about not having Gambit buried on site. Dude, someone should have stopped him being just buried in NOLA for the water tables. Hopefully Bastion/Sinister/Apocalypse dug him out before his corpse got too water logged. But with all the references about Gambit, clearly we’re getting him resurrected but damn show, do it already. Bored now.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm going to have to go on YouTube for clips again. Wonder if this will come out on DVD.

spoilers:
    Storm returns and doesn't mention or talk about Remy being dead. Instead we get more of sister Jean. The show refuses to play anything but the same notes, over and over again. Rogue is the one who cares about Remy and she is just angry and bitter. She seems to be the only one allowed to touch that plot.

Poor Rogue. This is turning out to be a lackluster return. DeMayo is making all these wrong choices for her. I have no interest in seeing this. Now she will have Wolverine's trauma on her conscience too. She just keeps making the wrong choices.

The whole episode was rushed, a bingo card for X-men comic plots jumbled together and ultimately boring. Sigh.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's pretty clear that Gambit died (or they removed him from these last four episodes) for Rogue to make this heel turn. Unfortunately her character arc hasn't been well executed. Like Malachi said, a lot of bad choices. If Gambit is to return this season, the platform is there now that Rogue's reached her lowest point. Hopefully the finale is a longer episode because we're really running out of time here.

Just noticed Lenore tweeted #Justice4Remy about an hour ago, I don't get it. Joining Magneto is betraying Remy, not avenging him. I guess I'll let it play out and see what happens next week.

Silver lining from a Romy perspective in this episode is that she clearly loves Remy a lot more than Erik (she didn't seem to care much about him "returning to life") and she joined Magneto for political reasons, her trauma and bitterness helped with that decision.
    end of spoilers

The show is generally very good. Sure there are bits and pieces I can go on and on over, like the rushed pacing. Still it’s very good.

I am just not enjoying it because I went into the season hoping for some Romy shenanigans. Nothing much beyond some fun flirting. With Remy gone and then the way they have chosen to portray Rogue even episode 7 felt off to me. I am finding myself without the 2 characters that are suppose to be the center for me when watching the show. Let others enjoy Jean and Storm being sisters, or Summers family drama. I can like it but it doesn’t come close to Romy for me.

I don’t like it. I don’t like watching these episodes and feel they both could and should have been more. So sorry for these rather bitter posts. Just disregard them if you are enjoying the show much more then I am =)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The show is generally very good. Sure there are bits and pieces I can go on and on over, like the rushed pacing. Still it’s very good.

I am just not enjoying it because I went into the season hoping for some Romy shenanigans. Nothing much beyond some fun flirting. With Remy gone and then the way they have chosen to portray Rogue even episode 7 felt off to me. I am finding myself without the 2 characters that are suppose to be the center for me when watching the show. Let others enjoy Jean and Storm being sisters, or Summers family drama. I can like it but it doesn’t come close to Romy for me.

I don’t like it. I don’t like watching these episodes and feel they both could and should have been more. So sorry for these rather bitter posts. Just disregard them if you are enjoying the show much more then I am =)
    It's a good show, but it's depressing. Gambit and Rogue are my top 2 characters, one was killed to enhance the other's plot and her character arc is all over the place, she changes her mind at rapid pace.

Beau says they're the OTP. After 9 episodes it's clearly Scott & Jean.

spoilers:
    Everyone warned me Rogue would join Mags so I wasn't surprised when she did (I've been in denial...just like I was when everyone was predicting Remy would die). I liked the fact that he was on her mind throughout the episode (the mentions, the trench coat), so she is displaying a classic case of "don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." I just wish we had had more of that interest from her when he was actually alive.

That aside, it was good. From a general X-men fan standpoint, I am enjoying the show, but from a Romy fan standpoint it's just frustrating. Storm's lack of a reaction to/mention of Remy's death was disappointing, but not surprising. This show pushes hard certain relationships to the detriment of others.

Mags will likely get his mind shut down next episode, which means Bastion is the big bad after all. Sinister is in his area, which means his lab may be there too?
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    It's a good show, but it's depressing. Gambit and Rogue are my top 2 characters, one was killed to enhance the other's plot and her character arc is all over the place, she changes her mind at rapid pace.

Beau says they're the OTP. After 9 episodes it's clearly Scott & Jean.
    Right you are. Someone who has Twitter should tell him he spelled Jean&Scott wrong when he answered that question