Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1355

Wow, Sparta, that's amazing you drop that theory right before we got this new tease. Bravo!

Alright, let me take another crack at this:

- Gold Team is on the ropes, but not done. Maybe Jean does tap into the Phoenix to turn the tide.
    - Xavier shuts down Magneto and takes Jean's place in helping Wolverine. I don't see them skipping Bone Claw Wolverine and he'll be one of the focuses in S2. Blue Team heads to Gold Team.
    - Sinister, trying to escape, releases a resurrected Gambit. Unknown to Sinister, his experiment unlocked (unlocking?) his New Sun powers. This will finally give us a Gambit-Sinister connection and sets up Deathbit in a later season.
    - New Sun vs. Phoenix. The Phoenix is really the only card they can play to slow him down.
    - Rogue arrives and she can't reach Gambit. She realizes that he's being fueled by what happened in Genosha. She tells Cable to go back to change what happened at the Gala. This will weaken Gambit and allow Rogue/Jean to breakthrough.
    - Now we get a spin on Astral Plane. Gambit wants to die and keep his heroic sacrifice intact. Rogue won't let him as she wants more. Gambit is saved. Both of them leave the team to deal with everything that has happened and explore their relationship.

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 05-10-2024 at 07:18 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    Wow, Sparta, that's amazing you drop that theory right before we got this new tease. Bravo!

- Gold Team is on the ropes, but not done. Maybe Jean does tap into the Phoenix to turn the tide.
    - Xavier shuts down Magneto and takes Jean's place in helping Wolverine. I don't see them skipping Bone Claw Wolverine and he'll be one of the focuses in S2. Blue Team heads to Gold Team.
    - Sinister, trying to escape, releases a resurrected Gambit. Unknown to Sinister, his experiment unlocked (unlocking?) his New Sun powers. This will finally give us a Gambit-Sinister connection and sets up Deathbit in a later season.
    - New Sun vs. Phoenix. The Phoenix is really the only card they can play to slow him down.
    - Rogue arrives and she can't reach Gambit. She realizes that he's being fueled by what happened in Genosha. She tells Cable to go back to change what happened at the Gala. This will weaken Gambit and allow Rogue/Jean to breakthrough.
    - Now we get a spin on Astral Plane. Gambit wants to die and keep his heroic sacrifice intact. Rogue won't let him as she wants more. Gambit is saved. Both of them leave the team to deal with everything that has happened and explore their relationship.

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would also work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    That would be an epic end of season

Forgot to mention, Romy's most important line of this season: "Some things are deeper than skin" = their souls. So maybe Gambit's soul is trapped somewhere and the only way to get to him is via the astral plane. That's where Cable (and Jean) come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post

Changing events to get Rogue on the Gold Team would work too. It would erase her joining Magneto and make it more believable to reach Gambit. Maybe her and Jean switches places so Jean can help Wolverine and Rogue could keep Gambit busy until Blue Team arrives.
    I know Phoenix is teased...

Somehow Rogue needs to join the Gold Team. Like what Nox said, I think she'll be a free agent after what she did and said to her teammates in ep 9, unless that gets erased...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Forgot to mention, Romy's most important line of this season: "Some things are deeper than skin" = their souls. So maybe Gambit's soul is trapped somewhere and the only way to get to him is via the astral plane. That's where Cable (and Jean) come in.

Somehow Rogue needs to join the Gold Team. Like what Nox said, I think she'll be a free agent after what she did and said to her teammates in ep 9, unless that gets erased...
    I think she leaves the team and starts chasing down Remy's missing body. She rejoins when she meets up with Deathbit and Warverine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post

Maybe Jean sends Cable back and gets Rogue to switch places with someone on the Gold Team. That could be where the Queen of Hearts comes into play. This way you have Jean and Rogue to deal with Gambit.

I don't have any new theories about how the series will end right now. I'm still wrapping my brain around the time looping thing, lol.

Instead I'm lingering on Rogue's behavior this season and this notion of her being a free agent who functions only (selfishly?) in relation to what she wants (i.e. her end game) until her emotions get in the way.

She wants touch, so she chooses Magneto, but changes her mind immediately after she realizes love is more important.

She wants vengeance, so she tears up a military base, puts Gyrich in a coma and tries to kill Trask, but later on appears to regret her actions when speaking to Nightcrawler.

She wants a place for mutants to live in peace (Astroid M) so she joins Mags (and Roberto) because she thinks Xavier's way won't work and she doesn't have Remy to come home to. I expect her to reject Mag's vision of the future once she sees what he did to Logan. She'll be horrified. Killing more mutants is exactly the thing she wants to avoid.

So! If she finds out that there's a way to bring Gambit back, she's going to use any means necessary to do so, and damn the consequences.

Maybe this isn't the best justification of her character assassination (too strong?), but that's how I'm looking at it now. *shrugs*

I can't stay mad at our girl, only mad at the writers, you know?
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Amazing Member

Default Waiting for the final

I have a confession.
    I can't think in more teorys.
    I only waiting for the final episode.
    Off course, I hope for the best, but I need maintence my mental healtly reading a good comics off the Remy and Anne Marie.
    I will try to stay out of the forum CBR and twitter.

One thing we know for certain is that Rogue will get justice for Remy by season's end. I'll take Lenore's word for it, she's been saying this for 3 weeks now.

She can't avenge him by staying at Asteroid M, so she'll be returning to Earth to seek out Bastion or Sinister. If they adapt X-Men #25 correctly, all that's left to do in that story would be the part where Xavier mind wipes Magneto immediately after Wolverine gets stripped...and then repair him in the Blackbird (Wolverine #75), but Jean's not there to do it...unless Rogue absorbs Magneto's powers and stabilizes Logan's body herself. Rogue putting Magneto in a coma is a possibility, especially after what she saw him do to Logan.

Unless of course there's time-travel shenanigans (or a time loop) where Rogue doesn't go to Asteroid M at all and Jean goes there instead, having them switch roles.

I'm seeing some fans speculating that the series is setting up AOA for season 2. Onslaught, yes, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, sure--but AOA? Yikes. If they're planning a second season of Rogneto, forget it, I'm not watching.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I'm seeing some fans speculating that the series is setting up AOA for season 2. Onslaught, yes, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, sure--but AOA? Yikes. If they're planning a second season of Rogneto, forget it, I'm not watching.
    Probably season 3, but then Beau was fired while season 2 was/is in production.

He did say something a while ago about AoA would need a whole season to do it justice. I'd say it'd be too soon, an alt universe already in just the second season? Unless it's a 3-parter, I'd be fine with that...but a whole season? No way. I still want to be reacquainted with these current characters after 28 years.

Fantastic Member

But what if they do the real AoA? Rogue absorbed Polaris (Magneto's daughter), was under the care of Scarlet Witch (Magneto's other daughter), and then hooked up with Magneto. It's the ultimate train wreck.

To put us through Rogneto, Gambit dying and Rogue shifting alliances, it would be cruel to put us through AOA in S2. I'm still holding out hope (perhaps naively) for some kind of Romy pay off next episode.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Beau seems to have a weird affinity for Magneto. And I think he's having fun trolling the Romy fans, especially based on his Twitter interactions. I wouldn't put it past him to have written AoA for Season 2
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eC8so6-_sQ&t=1555
    AJ LoCascio did a Youtube interview yesterday, I put it here cuz of what he did with the Rogue and Gambit figures.
    Last edited by smokey78; 05-10-2024 at 01:42 PM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I went looking and saw one tweet Beau did responding to someone asking about AoA - he just says it was a crazy storyline and that Rogue & Magneto were married with a kid. Not too much really, just that it was a big storyline in the 90s which… I guess? What I don’t understand is that we already had the AoA storyline in One’s Man Worth from the original series and Beau has made it a big point of time travel shouldn’t undo things because then what’s the point of doing the storyline. Which… what then would be the point of doing an alternative universe storyline if it really doesn’t matter in the long run and nothing gained or lost?

So far it seems like season 2 is shaping up to be Onslaught and Apocalypse, who knows what else. I don’t think the Legacy Virus has been touched yet, that would give Beast something to do. Mystique is still always lurking, maybe we could get Destiny.