Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    !!!!!!!!

This is from X-Men Unlimited, from after Krakoa. Hank is just interacting with his friends and no-one's mentioning any warcrimes or anything of the sort:

I couldn't get any larger versions, sorry.

Agh!!! He's wearing those damn glasses again! I'm going to associate them forever with bad-Beast.
    How are we getting a story set after Krakoa when Krakoan era isn't over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    How are we getting a story set after Krakoa when Krakoan era isn't over yet?
    Unlimited issues are out of order from what’s happening, supposedly. That's what my source says. But they are in continuity.
    “Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

Which Unlimited (number and/or title)? Is this something new?

(what's with the Warren's love this week? I'm not used!)

BANNED

Just to clarify about the Beauty and the Beast thing, Beast turning into a cat was not meant to reference Disney's Beast. Like everyone's said, Disney's beast looks nothing like a cat. He was based on multiple animals but mainly a buffalo.

The BATB in reference is the 80s show which was a big hit back in the day. That actually did feature a Beast who resembled a cat (more lion than anything but specifically feline). This show is not well remembered now so everyone assumes the reference is to the Disney movie instead of this.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Just to clarify about the Beauty and the Beast thing, Beast turning into a cat was not meant to reference Disney's Beast. Like everyone's said, Disney's beast looks nothing like a cat. He was based on multiple animals but mainly a buffalo.

The BATB in reference is the 80s show which was a big hit back in the day. That actually did feature a Beast who resembled a cat (more lion than anything but specifically feline). This show is not well remembered now so everyone assumes the reference is to the Disney movie instead of this.
    I remember the show. But didn't relate it to Beast. And there is a young Linda Hamilton who starred in T1 and T2. Anyway, no matter which Beast I still think it's was an odd idea.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post

This Beast looks like Daryl Hall
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    This Beast looks like Daryl Hall
    Oh my god LOL.. Ron Perlman was great in this. At least I remember liking this as a teen.. I bet it hasn’t aged well…

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh my god LOL.. Ron Perlman was great in this. At least I remember liking this as a teen.. I bet it hasn’t aged well…
    I only watched like one episode when I was a kid. But it had tons of commercials. It was being promoted heavily back then.

I haven't confirmed it, but my source says that Hank appears in the X-Men Unlimited comic showcasing Juggernaut's newly introduced son to the 616 MU. And again, everyone's acting normally with Hank, and he with them. It seems like the writers are violently ignoring what Percy's done. Though, MacKay will reference Percy's run I'm sure, to try to fix the big mess Percy left Hank's character in.
    “Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Ignoring Percyverse is the best course of action.

I am going to be happy enough to get a decent Beast back I think I am willing to ignore the 'soul' question.

Would be nice if the stopped using the glasses though - Hank never really needed them and they don't make him look intellectual since we already know he is.

According to the Marvel article the X-Men approached the new Juggernaut, but its does not say which issue of Marvel's Voices this was, can anyone enlighten me please?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rvel-unlimited

Edit: ignore me for failing to read, it's #100 - seems odd they would show this X-Men team now when it clearly can only be post-Fall of X? Or a massive flashback!
    Last edited by Ogrebear; 05-14-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I am going to be happy enough to get a decent Beast back I think I am willing to ignore the 'soul' question.

Would be nice if the stopped using the glasses though - Hank never really needed them and they don't make him look intellectual since we already know he is.
    I'm wondering, I read that it's Cerebra that puts the soul into the new body of someone who's been resurrected. Bad-Hank simply uploaded his brain pattern into a waiting clone. Did he hack into Cerebra to put his soul back into his body, or just not bother? Sage must have used some connection with Cerebra to put good-Hank's soul in the clone body, because she used Cerebra's file from Hank's Defenders days. Of course, this is now starting to get complicated and I think maybe it's best to just ignore all of Percy's trash. MacKay will reference it I'm sure, in some way, but I really don't know how he can weave something sensical out of it.

And yes, I REALLY wish they'd quit having him wear glasses. I'm going to forever associate them with bad-Hank.

According to the Marvel article the X-Men approached the new Juggernaut, but its does not say which issue of Marvel's Voices this was, can anyone enlighten me please?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rvel-unlimited

Edit: ignore me for failing to read, it's #100 - seems odd they would show this X-Men team now when it clearly can only be post-Fall of X? Or a massive flashback!

I wonder if Marvel really wants to put Percy's run behind them. And I wonder if they saw all the posts on reddit/xitter of people saying they're getting into the comics because of the show and confused why Hank's villainous during Krakoa.

Would be nice if they stopped using the glasses though - Hank never really needed them and they don't make him look intellectual since we already know he is.
    TBH, makes no difference to me. But yeah, love it when Henry's babblin' intellectually...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Which Unlimited (number and/or title)? Is this something new?

(what's with the Warren's love this week? I'm not used!)
    OMG I'm sorry! I didn't see your post for some reason! I wasn't ignoring your question!

The comic I posted from is on Marvel's subscription service I think, where they have exclusive stories. I can't find the specific title as I don't subscribe to it, but I think it's the Infinity series maybe. I'm having a lot of trouble getting confirmation of it.

And yes, it's nice to see Warren get some love! I've long liked him. Something about a character with wings is just so cool.