Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It had it's moments.
    The Doctor Doom appearance is Classic (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Of course it does, because Kate is bland.
    Look you don't have to like Kate but not everyone agrees with you. I don't find her to be bland at all. I've enjoyed the character since she first showed up in Young Avengers almost 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Whats the opinion of Geoff Johns Avengers?
    Hit or miss but he had a killer line-up of classic Avengers and characters like Jack of Hearts and some amazing artwork through most of his run. I loved that he wasn't afraid to have Jan, Hank and Scott on the team at the same time.

Mostly, I enjoyed it. It was not exactly the most original take on the team. Johns is normally good on charactarization, and he was fine here. It was a fairly large and pretty good line-up. They tried to make the team go international, although, IMHO, it came out as a rip-off of the JLI, with the idea of embassies around the world. However, for me, it was the last great classic Avengers run. It had great moments (Red Zone is awsome!), and others really bizarre (such as the wierd Jan and Hank sex scene which was famously erased from all the further reprints). It was a bit wierd, for it was a supposedly OG run that began with a pre-determined end date, for it was announced that Johns became a DC exclusive writer even before the first issue came out. After Johns', came Austen's, which was, IMHO, the worst ever Avengers run, and then Bendis, who was the last nail on the coffin of the classic Avengers runs.

Peace

Great news, Miguel will be back!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-summers-loki

Lightning, the most electrifying member of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes who played a pivotal role in 2018's NO SURRENDER event. He’ll be rejoining the team later this year in a yet-to-be announced new Avengers title.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Cool. There's an Avengers sale and its up and ready to eb picked.

PS: Also last question. How was Mark Waid?
    Waid's run can be split in two. First with the proto-Champions, which I really didn't like , for I do think the Avengers are no place for children or teen heroes. However, it usually had good art. Then came the second phase, after the kids had already left the team to form their own team (which was, once again, IMHO, a lame idea. It was the New Warriors "tackling issues that the Avengers don't even want to came near" thing done in a much more blander way), and we had what was, for me, a pretty odd and good line-up, with stand-ins of the "Big Guns" in the form of Cap-Falc and Thorette, Vizh and Herc as a couple of long-standing mainstays, and Spider-Man and the new Wasp (Hank's daughter) as the wild cards. It was quite a powerful team, with the twist of having the "kids", Spidey and Nadia, as the brain trust of the team. I know that I said that I don't like kids in the Avengers, however, given her history, I think there was actually a place for Nadia in this team. They went up againt classic Avengers villain Kang (long absent from the pages of Avengers) and dealt with a coule of other treats, inclusing a villain that came from a mini-series that added new layers to the Avengers early days with Cap's Kooky Quartet for a time becoming a quintet. IMHO, the book was too often interrupted and influenced by other happenings in the MU, which kept them from really leaving a mark. However, the art, in general, was not for me. While I acknowledge Del Mondo and Phill Noto's talent, their art really is not much to my liking for a book like the Avengers. I prefer Jesus Siaz's art, who handled the cross-over with The Champions, that sort of closed up the short series. After that, they cleared the board for Jason Aaron's more MCU synergetic team, which I can already say that I really didn't like.

Peace

They've really removed the Jan and Hank sex scene ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So we're finally getting a new Avengers book?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've really removed the Jan and Hank sex scene ?

So we're finally getting a new Avengers book?
    PleaseWestCoastAvengersPleaseWestCoastAvengers...

One of my favorite runs. I loved his lineup, and I loved that we didn't just get the grand picture of the storyline, but also little nuances. Someone posted earlier a scene where the Vision disagrees with Cap's order to leave Wanda alone, and Cap whispers, "About time, Vision."

Oh that’s cool. I loved when they brought him back for No Surrender, but they never followed up on it AFAIK.
    Nice to have another Avengers book too. The line has been pretty bad in recent years, so I hope the new editor is able to launch some cool new spin-offs.

"yet-to-be announced new Avengers title."

YES! Here's hoping for a new West Coast team. There's so many former Avengers that need a regular book to call home.

Oh baby!! New Avengers title to boot.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    "yet-to-be announced new Avengers title."

YES! Here's hoping for a new West Coast team. There's so many former Avengers that need a regular book to call home.
    Given Miguel’s history, if does seem like WCA could be in the cards. Of course, it’s only one datapoint, but…
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

If a new Avengers title is coming then I will be excited. Hopefully it'll have more uncommon members joining the team. Honestly I'm missing the rotating roster door for Avengers.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

reallly effin' good

John's wrote the hell out of Red Skull and T'Challa, what an amazing arc