Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    If a new Avengers title is coming then I will be excited. Hopefully it'll have more uncommon members joining the team. Honestly I'm missing the rotating roster door for Avengers.
    I want Janet Van Dyne on an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ditto. Along with Hank Pym: Yellowjacket

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

You know... I think it just might be. The writers involved in No Surrender were Mark Waid, Jim Zub, and Al Ewing. And Ewing wrote that Wasp mini and Avengers Inc, both starring Janet. The ending of Inc did suggest she was going to form a new team. Could be a few of the people from the ending of Inc, plus a few others like Lightning. And Ewing does need a new book to replace X-Men Red.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2024 at 02:46 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Ewing writes an Avenger book again, I hope he'll bring Sunspot in.
    And Toni Ho. Some writers are pushing their OC too much while some others don't do it enough.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Seconded!

Peace

Third! Janet is long overdue to be on an Avenger squad! Put her where she belongs buzzing as the top tier Avenger that she is!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I so love that artwork and colorful layouts! Also the size-changing energy signature when shrinking/enlarging!

Thanks for posting this, K7P5V!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I so love that artwork and colorful layouts! Also the size-changing energy signature when shrinking/enlarging!

Comics really had a different energy back then.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Hit or miss but he had a killer line-up of classic Avengers and characters like Jack of Hearts and some amazing artwork through most of his run.
    I concur. Unsung work from the industry's finest (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I loved that he wasn't afraid to have Jan, Hank and Scott on the team at the same time.
    Ditto, along with THE best costume Scott Lang: Ant-Man will ever have (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

You're welcome. But yeah, George Pérez totally rules!

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-07-2024 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Always trust Steve to go "Fuck Nazis"

Hi. A little help here my friends. Was Iron Man featured a lot in Busiek’s Avengers run? I can’t remember how much he was featured in it. I can’t find my run.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

spoilers:
    Steve Rogers returns to the pages of The Avengers to do what he does best...rally an ad hoc team of Avenges past, present, and spinoff to fend off against invading vampires.

Jed has a good handle on Steve. A man who is as much a Superhero as a soldier, an idealist and a practical fighter, and a man who when the chips are down always comes through. It makes me wish Jed could write Steve more, but that's what this arc is for.

Hercules! As much fun and roaring energy as ever. And finally looking like himself again compared to his Guardians look.

I feel like the weakest writing of this team was Kate. She came off really generically and didn't sound like herself. You could have replaced her with Clint and it would've felt the same.

I almost feel bad for Pietro that he still views Magneto as a father figure despite everything and the only person in his family who still likes him is Wanda. And his priority is always saving Wanda.

Hazmat looks good without her helmet and she was a lot of fun here. I feel like Jed had a better handle on her voice and sass than he did Kate's.

Vampire nazi's? Of course it has to be Baron Blood. Though now I half wonder if Jed is auditioning to write the next Captain America run after JMS.
    end of spoilers

I really dig the sub team. A nice mix of different personalities and backgrounds. They’re way more interesting than the regular team because we haven’t seen them interact countless times before.
    I hope some of these characters get to join the secret Avengers spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. A little help here my friends. Was Iron Man featured a lot in Busiek’s Avengers run? I can’t remember how much he was featured in it. I can’t find my run.
    Can't recall myself, but yes, I'd venture to say so. When the team was first formed during Busiek's run, he was there. He was also there during the roster change with Triathlon and She-Hulk. I think he was probably there up until the end of the run.

As for today's Blood Hunt tie-in, it's growing on me. Though everyone was featured, Cap had the most character moments. I said before that random Avenger groupings can be hit or miss with me, but this is heading in the right direction, mainly because there were nods to Avengers history. Cap stating that all of the members around him were either Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Young Avengers, or Avengers Academy was cool. All of these characters have been Avengers in a way. When he said that, I recalled many moments with these characters, even those who are more recent Marvel creations like Hazmat and Kate Bishop. These heroes have already been through challenges as Avengers and though seemingly disparate seemingly work well together.

That's cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really dig the sub team. A nice mix of different personalities and backgrounds. They’re way more interesting than the regular team because we haven’t seen them interact countless times before.
    I hope some of these characters get to join the secret Avengers spin-off.
    And Mackay wrote all of them pretty well outside Kate.