Page 92 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2406

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Well Scott's a gentleman. Also the more I reread 2000s stuff, the more I miss Scemma
    I hated how it started, to be honest. The thing that saves it in my eyes is the fact that actually falling in love with Scott was most definitely not part of the plan. Emma merely wanted to hurt Jean and instead stumbled (although she's never admit to stumbling) into actual love, something Emma hadn't allowed herself to feel since she was a teenager
    Dark does not mean deep.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I hated how it started, to be honest. The thing that saves it in my eyes is the fact that actually falling in love with Scott was most definitely not part of the plan. Emma merely wanted to hurt Jean and instead stumbled (although she's never admit to stumbling) into actual love, something Emma hadn't allowed herself to feel since she was a teenager
    I still remember Emma's conversation with Logan in NXM.
    "Why did I have to fall in love with Scott bloody Summers?"
    I didn't like the foundations of that relationship but Whedon's AXM made it really wholesome and genuine, with Scott falling in love with her in return. They had a great time together, something that was unfortunately taken away from us by Bendis.

With Jean you alway have to worry about some new writer trying to push his Jogan agenda, with Emma, Scott seemed to have a love interest of his own and attached to his name only. You wouldn't have to worry about shit. And they were so compatible together, she was kinda like Scott's own catwoman.

I prefer Scemma but listening to Jott fans in this thread has made me empathetic to their case and also appreciate good Jott material. I feel Cyclops is one of those rare superhero characters who sincerely has two arguable One True Pairing sort of love interests. Scemma is more secure (as Darth_Caedus put, you're never worried about the holy grail love triangle always lurking around the corner) and the good guy unintentionally winning the heart of the girl with the checkered past is appealing. Emma has shown real devotion to Cyclops without threat of emotional distance creeping in due to having godly powers and the weight that causes, feeling bored with the situation, undying embers always smoldering a bit for others. It seems like Cyclops has to constantly prove and show he is worthy of Jean and that is a relationship dynamic that doesn't seem to exist with Scemma.

In Jean's defense, this is a girl that could have the world and she seems to always, at the end of the day, decide that what she chooses is Scott. She and Cyclops and have showed immense devotion to one another too, I didn't mean to imply Jean hasn't showed devotion to Cyclops when I brought up Emma's devotion to him.

I guess Emma is just that girl that will break Cyclops out of prison and die for him if he's losing a popularity battle because she believes in Cyclops and she will stand by him.
    It seems Jean would instead tell Cyclops she needs a break from him and doesn't agree with him and leave him to his own devices.

Is Jean right or wrong in that situation? Is Emma right or wrong? I don't know. They're both really compelling love interests for Cyclops. I honestly wish there were two Cyclops so Emma and Jean could both have him. Will Emma ever find a pairing for her that was as good as Scemma was? And Jott have a cosmic, in life and death sort of love, you just can't throw that away or replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I prefer Scemma but listening to Jott fans in this thread has made me empathetic to their case and also appreciate good Jott material. I feel Cyclops is one of those rare superhero characters who sincerely has two arguable One True Pairing sort of love interests. Scemma is more secure (as Darth_Caedus put, you're never worried about the holy grail love triangle always lurking around the corner) and the good guy unintentionally winning the heart of the girl with the checkered past is appealing. Emma has shown real devotion to Cyclops without threat of emotional distance creeping in due to having godly powers and the weight that causes, feeling bored with the situation, undying embers always smoldering a bit for others. It seems like Cyclops has to constantly prove and show he is worthy of Jean and that is a relationship dynamic that doesn't seem to exist with Scemma.

In Jean's defense, this is a girl that could have the world and she seems to always, at the end of the day, decide that what she chooses is Scott. She and Cyclops and have showed immense devotion to one another too, I didn't mean to imply Jean hasn't showed devotion to Cyclops when I brought up Emma's devotion to him.

I guess Emma is just that girl that will break Cyclops out of prison and die for him if he's losing a popularity battle because she believes in Cyclops and she will stand by him.
    It seems Jean would instead tell Cyclops she needs a break from him and doesn't agree with him and leave him to his own devices.

Is Jean right or wrong in that situation? Is Emma right or wrong? I don't know. They're both really compelling love interests for Cyclops. I honestly wish there were two Cyclops so Emma and Jean could both have him. Will Emma ever find a pairing for her that was as good as Scemma was? And Jott have a cosmic, in life and death sort of love, you just can't throw that away or replace it.
    They both have cons and pros, although I prefer Scott and Jean's relationship by a lightyear. Morrison's NXM shouldn't have happened in the first place, it's what came after it that is good. I do miss Scemma sometimes but only when I feel like Scott and Jean's relationship isn't working or doesn't do Cyke justice.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Is the first one from pryde of the X-Men?
    Cool gifs by the way. Thanks

Is the first one from pryde of the X-Men?
    Cool gifs by the way. Thanks
    Probably. If not, then maybe from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Cyke and the rest of the X-Men show up in 2 episodes I believe.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    …It seems like Cyclops has to constantly prove and show he is worthy of Jean and that is a relationship dynamic that doesn't seem to exist with Scemma.

In Jean's defense, this is a girl that could have the world and she seems to always, at the end of the day, decide that what she chooses is Scott. She and Cyclops and have showed immense devotion to one another too…
    Correct me if I’m wrong but although Scott has been depicted as pissed at Logan because of his behavior towards Jean, I can’t recall an instance in all the years for of the forced triangle of Scott depicted as threatened by Jean’s behavior towards Logan (which I have always interpreted as as an attraction based on similarities—-like Logan, Jean hasn’t always understood who/what she is and what she is capable of doing…and in Morrison’s run she didn’t go to Logan out of desire, but sadness and loneliness caused by feeling disconnected from Scott), which suggests a true understanding of her, as well as a genuine confidence in himself and their relationship. This dynamic is flipped on two occasions of Jean’s discovery of the flirtation with Pyslocke and the psychic affair with Emma. In both cases she directs her anger fully at the women. So, Scott and Jean are imperfect but will ultimately chose each other and forgive each other.

With Jean you alway have to worry about some new writer trying to push his Jogan agenda, with Emma, Scott seemed to have a love interest of his own and attached to his name only. You wouldn't have to worry about shit. And they were so compatible together, she was kinda like Scott's own catwoman.
    I have to play devil’s advocate here. Emma (1) had a fling with Namor, (2) repeatedly pressed Scott to keep “no secrets,” certainly more than Jean ever did (Jean wouldn't even read his mind when he pushed her to in order to “know” his feelings in New X-Men; instead, she pushed him to share his feelings), (3) tried reading his mind against his will (Jean actually trained him to create his own “psychic little black box,” which even Emma couldn't penetrate), (4) mind-controlled teenage Scott and tried rewriting his personality, which teen Jean stopped her from doing, and, quite frankly, the list goes on.

What did Jean do? Mostly get kissed by Logan, for which she blasted him off his feet and on his ass the first time around. Later, she was caught off guard by him while he was dying, and she didn't have the heart to hurt or push him away. And after that, another sneaky kiss by Logan until New X-Men, when she purportedly kissed him, even though she was talking about missing her husband. Frankly, because of the positioning of their bodies, I always interpreted that scene as Logan, again, having spun her around to kiss her, which she didn't fight off. But even if she had kissed him, so what? At least she had been honest with Scott about her ambiguous feelings for Logan.

Scott got over Jean pretty quickly when he thought her dead the first go around and got with Colleen. Years later, he lied to Jean for months about Madelyne, after which he pursued Jean when they thought Madelyne was dead, and Jean gave in, only for him to inculcate Jean in his guilt when they learned Madelyne was alive, which is what turned Jean against Madelyne for a brief period. (Jean was Madelyne’s FIRST advocate, after all, and remained so longer than anyone else.) Years after that—after their marriage—he allowed himself to be licked by Betsy/Kwannon, never pushing her away or at least saying something. And, of course, he trusted the facilitator of his wife’s abuse and trauma before trusting literally any of his other friends, like Ororo or Hank, and then engaged in a hot and heavy psychic affair with her, all the while the two fetishisized one of the most traumatic periods in Jean’s life.

Frankly, I was thrilled Jean FINALLY consummated her passion for and best-frienship with Logan during the Krakoan era, and that Scott went along with it even though he hated it, like he told Emma during the penultimate Hellfire Gala, which is also puzzling, considering the fact it was implied they were messing around, too. Anyway, Scott supporting Jean’s sexual freedom with a man who adores and reveres her showed me he was a REAL man and knew his wife deserved to enjoy the privileges he not only took for granted without her consent but that she also afforded him when she ascended to do the work she was always meant to do as White Phoenix. She did let him have his cake and eat it too, after all. “Ha. Live. Live, Scott. Live.”

For the longest time, I wanted Jean as far away from him as possible, because I felt he not only disrespected her in the most profound ways but also dragged her down. Now? After Krakoa? I feel they have a shot. They're even. They respect and, of course, never stopped loving each other. It reminds me of the story Duggan shared about his parents, who divorced and remained separated for 17 years before remarrying and staying together until the end. Those kinds of messy, rocky love stories are real. Ultimately, they have the opportunity to be one of the realest, most inspiring, beautiful pairings, as they've always been at their best. But we have to stop blaming either of them to boost or exonerate the other. Maybe we should be as forgiving of them as they are of each other. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-08-2024 at 09:37 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well...to each their own. I do agree with the idea of no longer putting other characters down, but I disagree with a lot of the other stuff posted.

That being said, it is getting tiring having to defend Scott in his own appreciation thread at this point, so I'd rather agree to disagree with most of your points. At the very least, I do also hope the best for their relationship. The last thing I want is more character assassination.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-08-2024 at 09:52 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Can we not do this again? Are Cyke fans going over to the Jean thread and being this annoying?

Blame the psychic rapport. The two-way link exists between the appreciation threads as well.

That being said, I kept my response in the Jean thread. I have a feeling my answer would not be appreciated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have to play devil’s advocate here. Emma (1) had a fling with Namor, (2) repeatedly pressed Scott to keep “no secrets,” certainly more than Jean ever did (Jean wouldn't even read his mind when he pushed her to in order to “know” his feelings in New X-Men; instead, she pushed him to share his feelings), (3) tried reading his mind against his will (Jean actually trained him to create his own “psychic little black box,” which even Emma couldn't penetrate), (4) mind-controlled teenage Scott and tried rewriting his personality, which teen Jean stopped her from doing, and, quite frankly, the list goes on.

What did Jean do? Mostly get kissed by Logan, for which she blasted him off his feet and on his ass the first time around. Later, she was caught off guard by him while he was dying, and she didn't have the heart to hurt or push him away. And after that, another sneaky kiss by Logan until New X-Men, when she purportedly kissed him, even though she was talking about missing her husband. Frankly, because of the positioning of their bodies, I always interpreted that scene as Logan, again, having spun her around to kiss her, which she didn't fight off. But even if she had kissed him, so what? At least she had been honest with Scott about her ambiguous feelings for Logan.

Scott got over Jean pretty quickly when he thought her dead the first go around and got with Colleen. Years later, he lied to Jean for months about Madelyne, after which he pursued Jean when they thought Madelyne was dead, and Jean gave in, only for him to inculcate Jean in his guilt when they learned Madelyne was alive, which is what turned Jean against Madelyne for a brief period. (Jean was Madelyne’s FIRST advocate, after all, and remained so longer than anyone else.) Years after that—after their marriage—he allowed himself to be licked by Betsy/Kwannon, never pushing her away or at least saying something. And, of course, he trusted the facilitator of his wife’s abuse and trauma before trusting literally any of his other friends, like Ororo or Hank, and then engaged in a hot and heavy psychic affair with her, all the while the two fetishisized one of the most traumatic periods in Jean’s life.

Frankly, I was thrilled Jean FINALLY consummated her passion for and best-frienship with Logan during the Krakoan era, and that Scott went along with it even though he hated it, like he told Emma during the penultimate Hellfire Gala, which is also puzzling, considering the fact it was implied they were messing around, too. Anyway, Scott supporting Jean’s sexual freedom with a man who adores and reveres her showed me he was a REAL man and knew his wife deserved to enjoy the privileges he not only took for granted without her consent but that she also afforded him when she ascended to do the work she was always meant to do as White Phoenix. She did let him have his cake and eat it too, after all. “Ha. Live. Live, Scott. Live.”

For the longest time, I wanted Jean as far away from him as possible, because I felt he not only disrespected her in the most profound ways but also dragged her down. Now? After Krakoa? I feel they have a shot. They're even. They respect and, of course, never stopped loving each other. It reminds me of the story Duggan shared about his parents, who divorced and remained separated for 17 years before remarrying and staying together until the end. Those kinds of messy, rocky love stories are real. Ultimately, they have the opportunity to be one of the realest, most inspiring, beautiful pairings, as they've always been at their best. But we have to stop blaming either of them to boost or exonerate the other. Maybe we should be as forgiving of them as they are of each other. Food for thought.
    First of all, I understand that you see things from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about Scott's character at all, and only likes him when he's a nice accessory for Jean, which is understandable, you're clearly a huge Jean fan and most Jean fans hate Scott anyway, but Scott fans don't think the same way, we don't like him worshipping Jean and doing everything she wants or allowing her to cheat on him.

Jean's relationship with Logan during Krakoa ruined her relationship with Scott even more, that's not being man, it's called being a CUCK, and as you said, Scott hates it so Jean was being unnecessarily cruel to Scott by hooking up with Logan, I don't get how you can see anything romantic or healthy in that... seems like you don't understand that Jean hooking up with Logan makes her and Scott not some wholesome married couple but friends with benefits, that's what they were in Krakoa, glorified friends with benefits. There's no point in being married if Jean can just go fuck anyone, that's not how relationships work, if she needed "sexual freedom" whatever that means, she should've divorced Scott because she clearly doesn't love him one bit, if she did, she would be committed to him instead of sleeping around.

Also, you ignored an awful lot of context to make Scott look worse, Scott didn't allow Betsy to lick his face, he just didn't expect her to do that and after she kissed him, he immediately got away and told her that they couldn't do that. As for trusting Emma, she was literally the only one who offered him help, Ororo is not his friend and Hank didn't even think there was something wrong with Scott, also, it's funny how you blame Scott for that, he asked Emma for help to fix his marriage (because Jean rudely dismissed his trauma) and she took advantage of his delicate mental state to seduce him, if anything he was a victim, and none of that would've happened if Jean didn't emotionally abandon him, he connected with Emma because she was someone who was willing to hear his problems and emotionally connect with him unlike Jean at that moment, he had just been possessed by Apocalypse and was clearly traumatized so he needed someone and that someone ended up being Emma.

Also, Jean flirted back at Logan multiple times and they clearly had an emotional affair for years and no, someone being on the verge of death doesn't mean that you can cheat on your boyfriend, also, what do you think would've happened during New X-Men if Logan didn't turn her down?

Both did bad things to each other and ultimately are better off apart, as you said, the status quo of Krakoa was just ridiculously toxic and not something Cyclops' fans want to see anymore, we want Scott to be his own character and be with someone who loves him and is committed to him, not just a member of Jean's harem.