Page 97 of 202 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3016

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Most Jean Grey fans hate Scott with a burning passion. It's not a Romy situation at all.
    That is not true. Dont let a few bad apples speak for the bulk of us

Gillen's UXM had the potential to be much longer had it not been butchered by retards such as Jason Aaron and his shitty AvX.
    We could have seen the extinction team handle more planetary level threats, fighting againt new villains and all but no...
    Gillen would have made Scott the bad guy had he stayed. He saw Scott as a weakling and Emma would have betrayed him and gone full villian herself. Bendis put Scott back on the path of becoming more heroic while not abandoning the trajectory the character had been going in for the past few years
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-09-2024 at 09:54 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think it's safe at all. Wolverine himself might even be saved for a later movie, because he's too associated with Jackman. If they start with the X-men in their teens, he's out of place too. Cyclops, Storm and Beast seem more likely.
    Can the MCU really afford to have most of the main cast start off as teens? I think they kinda have to hit the ground running with how badly received a lot of the latest projects have been ever since Endgame. Early-to-mid 20s seems like the sweet spot, IMO.

EDIT: That's not too say there can't be teen characters, mind you. I just don't think they have the luxury of being able to show everyone growing up like Harry Potter.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 05-09-2024 at 09:56 AM.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'm just gonna say this: You don't have to engage every single bad-faith actor like Mercury and whitecrown when they pop in here trying to start shit. Just ignore them and let them wander back to the Jean thread.
    Mercury is fine although she's too optimistic about everything lol. Whitecrown hates our boy, though I enjoy arguing with them

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Can the MCU really afford to have most of the main cast start off as teens? I think they kinda have to hit the ground running with how badly received a lot of the latest projects have been ever since Endgame. Early-to-mid 20s seems like the sweet spot, IMO.
    Personally don't want to see another Tyke... for me mid-late 20s would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is not true. Dont let a few bad apples speak for the bulk of us

Gillen would have made Scott the bad guy had he stayed. He saw Scott as a weakling and Emma would have betrayed him and gone full villian herself
    You're right. I generalized a bit.
    Wait You're saying that AvX didn't try to make Scott the bad guy? Gillen did his best to salvage that crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I actually preferred Rogue in Evolution, but that pairing only works in the specific context of that show. At least we have the word of the show runners that they were actually the endgame pairing for those two. Post Evolution's Dark Phoenix Saga anyways
    Well, I liked Rogue and Scott in the first season of Evolution. However, I lost interest on them as a couple after Scott and Jean turns into a couple.

I wouldn't really like Scott and Rogue in a post Evolution Dark Phoenix Saga.

You're right. I generalized a bit.
    Wait You're saying that AvX didn't try to make Scott the bad guy? Gillen did his best to salvage that crap.
    Gillen was leaving the books at the end of his UXM run so he had to make Scott salvageable for the next writer/era since he wasnt going to be benched. He talked about his original plans had he stayed years ago. Here's an excerpt from that:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kier...d-write-x-men/

Scott continuing the schism, but moreso – I was more comfortable with Scott as a "bad guy", by the end – I was going to have them in Asteroid M to really lean into it. Emma staying on the team despite the fact she and Scott were no longer together, and lots of tension here. End of the schism for me would have been a confrontation between Scott and Logan's sides, which Scott wins, and then Emma stabs him in the back at the worst moment takes Scott's whole organisation (and trainees) away from him, going full "villain." I half imagined her own school in Latveria as her new status quo. Scott was a weakling… and he'd made her feel weak. For my idea of Emma, that was entirely unforgivable. Emma is nothing if not her pride.

Gillen is a good writer but on paper, it doesnt seem like Scott would have fared well when all was said and done. Given the rhetoric at Marvel at the time, they'd probably had let him do this had he pitched it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gillen was leaving the books at the end of his UXM run so he had to make Scott salvageable for the next writer/era since he wasnt going to be benched. He talked about his original plans had he stayed years ago. Here's an excerpt from that:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kier...d-write-x-men/

Scott continuing the schism, but moreso – I was more comfortable with Scott as a "bad guy", by the end – I was going to have them in Asteroid M to really lean into it. Emma staying on the team despite the fact she and Scott were no longer together, and lots of tension here. End of the schism for me would have been a confrontation between Scott and Logan's sides, which Scott wins, and then Emma stabs him in the back at the worst moment takes Scott's whole organisation (and trainees) away from him, going full "villain." I half imagined her own school in Latveria as her new status quo. Scott was a weakling… and he'd made her feel weak. For my idea of Emma, that was entirely unforgivable. Emma is nothing if not her pride.

Gillen is a good writer but on paper, it doesnt seem like Scott would have fared well when all was said and done. Given the rhetoric at Marvel at the time, they'd probably had let him do this had he pitched it
    Now I definitely prefer whatever happened in AvX to this shit. At least he was sympathetic there.
    Emma was fully villainized in IvX though.
    Now I kinda get that why some didn't like Utopian era Cyclops. It seems the plan was alway to turn him into Magneto 2.0. He had a great character arc and all but still it cements the idea that they were going to either kill or villainify every major X-Men leader to prop up Logan. It's all making sense now, hiring hacks like Bendis and Aaron
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Jean's fans' opinion of Scott has been changed by Brevoort's words about the couple, the connection they are going to have between Mackay's X-men and Phillips' Phoenix, as well as the rumors about them. It's not that Jean's fans now have any interest in Scott, they're just going with the flow.

Mercury is fine although she's too optimistic about everything lol. Whitecrown hates our boy, though I enjoy arguing with them
    The wolf will always be bad if you only hear the Little Red Riding Hood's version.

Mercury has the part of Scott's history they prefer, but is honest about that fact and doesn't reach for the tar and feathers - I've not seen "Wrongclops" come from Mercury in this thread, for instance. Mercury was also never triggered by the suggestion that Scott isn't a pale imitation of Storm as a leader.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Jean fans who don’t hate Scott only see him as an extension of Jean so they want him to be Jean’s accessory, let her cheat on him while also being completely devoted to her, do everything she says and worship her. At that point might as well consider them Cyclops haters because they want him to be badly written and pathetic to uplift Jean.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The Jean fans who don’t hate Scott only see him as an extension of Jean so they want him to be Jean’s accessory, let her cheat on him while also being completely devoted to her, do everything she says and worship her. At that point might as well consider them Cyclops haters because they want him to be badly written and pathetic to uplift Jean.
    This is not true. I love Scott and Jean because they are equals. I hate the cheating from both sides, that's the reason I don't like some runs and try to ignore them but this is not only from Jott's side. You as scemma's fan also has to ignore a lot of stories so the relationship keep appealing to you
    I was away from cbr because if I go to Jean thread there are some users trashing Scott, I come to this thread and there are some users trashing Jean.
    Just few posts before, an user is trashing Jean by calling her 'devil redhead', how do you think I feel as a fan of Scott and Jean? if you guys don't like Scott to be trashed you shouldn't be doing the same to others characters either.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    The wolf will always be bad if you only hear the Little Red Riding Hood's version.
    The wolf was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Mercury has the part of Scott's history they prefer, but is honest about that fact and doesn't reach for the tar and feathers - I've not seen "Wrongclops" come from Mercury in this thread, for instance. Mercury was also never triggered by the suggestion that Scott isn't a pale imitation of Storm as a leader.
    Mercury's cool. Whitecrown has been brainwashed by Chris Claremont's propaganda