Page 98 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2413

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The Jean fans who don’t hate Scott only see him as an extension of Jean so they want him to be Jean’s accessory, let her cheat on him while also being completely devoted to her, do everything she says and worship her. At that point might as well consider them Cyclops haters because they want him to be badly written and pathetic to uplift Jean.
    Please dont speak for a fandom you arent a part of. You are wrong

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    This is not true. I love Scott and Jean because they are equals. I hate the cheating from both sides, that's the reason I don't like some runs and try to ignore them but this is not only from Jott's side. You as scemma's fan also has to ignore a lot of stories so the relationship keep appealing to you
    I was away from cbr because if I go to Jean thread there are some users trashing Scott, I come to this thread and there are some users trashing Jean.
    Just few posts before, an user is trashing Jean by calling her 'devil redhead', how do you think I feel as a fan of Scott and Jean? if you guys don't like Scott to be trashed you shouldn't be doing the same to others characters either.
    Jean is literally my second favorite superhero. Also no one said Jean's a devil redhead, I just said that there were posts about it on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Please dont speak for a fandom you arent a part of. You are wrong
    Didn't Mercury come to this thread to talk about how happy she was that Jean had a free pass to cheat on Scott with Wolverine during Krakoa because of "sexual liberation" or some bs?

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Didn't Mercury come to this thread to talk about how happy she was that Jean had a free pass to cheat on Scott with Wolverine during Krakoa because of "sexual liberation" or some bs?
    Dont know, dont care. Mercury is not the official representative for all Jean and Scott fans. Whatever he or she wrote is simply their own opinion

Ryan Stegman shares another art from the upcoming X-Men series.
    Cyclops looks awsome!

He looks beefier there than in previous images

He looks beefier there than in previous images
    Definitely. I think he's drawing him with a wider jawline and that's why he doesn't feel like Tyke anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Definitely. I think he's drawing him with a wider jawline and that's why he doesn't feel like Tyke anymore.
    broader chest and shoulders too

broader chest and shoulders too
    Yes those too. He really did listen to fans' criticism

Now I definitely prefer whatever happened in AvX to this shit. At least he was sympathetic there.
    Emma was fully villainized in IvX though.
    Now I kinda get that why some didn't like Utopian era Cyclops. It seems the plan was alway to turn him into Magneto 2.0. He had a great character arc and all but still it cements the idea that they were going to either kill or villainify every major X-Men leader to prop up Logan. It's all making sense now, hiring hacks like Bendis and Aaron
    What I liked about Gillen is that even if he saw Cyclops as a villain he did his best to show us his point of view and make him sympathetic, AvX: Consequences is one of the best Cyclops stories ever told.

But maybe is a good thing his run ended when it did, considering his plans not only for Scott but also for Emma. Bendis get a lot of criticism about his X-Men run, and I agre with some of it, but at the end of the day he also put a lot of work in showing us Cyclops side of things, and we should remember that at the time, he was the only one "siding" with Cyclops, the other x-books and Avengers book all painted him as the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    What I liked about Gillen is that even if he saw Cyclops as a villain he did his best to show us his point of view and make him sympathetic, AvX: Consequences is one of the best Cyclops stories ever told.

But maybe is a good thing his run ended when it did, considering his plans not only for Scott but also for Emma. Bendis get a lot of criticism about his X-Men run, and I agre with some of it, but at the end of the day he also put a lot of work in showing us Cyclops side of things, and we should remember that at the time, he was the only one "siding" with Cyclops, the other x-books and Avengers book all painted him as the villain.
    And while people consider the Bendis run part of Scott's "villain" era, they should remember that he was returning to form. His calls of revolution were revealed to be a bluff, he kept the teen O5 from killing, and the comic ended with a peace rally. In fact, that ending is a large part of why "Mutant Hitler" fell so flat. Too many people had this idea of who Cyclops was formed entirely (or so it seemed) from message boards devoted to hating him, and not from reading what was happening at the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

AvX: Consequences is among my favorite Cyclops comics. UXM 18 and 19 also portrayed him as tragic and sympathetic fallen hero. The problem is that they failed to properly villainize him. For the first five issue of the main AvX series, he was just right, Avengers were the bad guys who acted like fascists. Scott just wanted Hope to bond with the Phoenix and reignite the mutant gene. This was something that Nathan told him to do and we know that Phoenix has restarted evolution in other planets too.

So basically Cyclops was right until the Avengers split the Phoenix into five fragments and Scott refusing to give it to hope, believing himself to be the mutant messiah.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And while people consider the Bendis run part of Scott's "villain" era, they should remember that he was returning to form. His calls of revolution were revealed to be a bluff, he kept the teen O5 from killing, and the comic ended with a peace rally. In fact, that ending is a large part of why "Mutant Hitler" fell so flat. Too many people had this idea of who Cyclops was formed entirely (or so it seemed) from message boards devoted to hating him, and not from reading what was happening at the time.
    Bendis' run is definitely not part of Scott's "villainous" era, in fact he was trying to redeem himself more than anything. Late Utopian era is when Cyke shows signs of "villainy" and I could only consider him a villain in the last two or three issues of AvX.

Either way, Schism and AvX should not have happened in the first place.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 04:32 PM.

Bendis' run is definitely not part of Scott's "villainous" era, in fact he was trying to redeem himself more than anything. Late Utopian era is when Cyke shows signs of "villainy" and I could only consider him a villain in the last two or three issues of AvX.

Either way, Schism and AvX should not have happened in the first place.
    I meant by a lot of readers.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I meant by a lot of readers.
    How can someone read Bendis' run and think of Cyclops as a villain?