Page 94 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2413
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Gillen's UXM had the potential to be much longer had it not been butchered by retards such as Jason Aaron and his shitty AvX.
    We could have seen the extinction team handle more planetary level threats, fighting againt new villains and all but no...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Gillen's UXM had the potential to be much longer had it not been butchered by retards such as Jason Aaron and his shitty AvX.
    We could have seen the extinction team handle more planetary level threats, fighting againt new villains and all but no...
    Yeah. I was pretty interested on the extinction team too. They just decided AvX and turn Scott into a villain were really important and ruined it.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-09-2024 at 05:14 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Most Jean Grey fans hate Scott with a burning passion. It's not a Romy situation at all.
    Maybe, maybe not. Although it would be nice if the disdain of other characters was toned down. It would suck if some of the discourse drove away others from this thread. Ideally, all Cyclops fans should be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. I was pretty interested on the extinction too. They just decided AvX and turn Scott into a villain were really important and ruined it.
    AvX certainly uprooted a great story. That being said, I'm rather glad we also didn't get Gillen's complete plans.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-09-2024 at 05:15 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. I was pretty interested on the extinction too. They just decided AvX and turn Scott into a villain were really important and ruined it.
    Bendis and Aaron nuked the X-Men line of comics into oblivion. I think it was editorially mandated too, to prop up Avengers. Although both of these writers have a knack for ruining beloved characters and mythos, look at what Bendis did to Superman for example.

All the pre-Schism anger over X-Force would hit harder, or at all, if the same characters didn't give Logan starting up the same damn idea the Mentos Shrug when they found out. The claim "It's only wrong when Cyclops does it" exists for a reason.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Although it would be nice if the disdain of other characters was toned down. It would suck if some of the discourse drove away others from this thread. Ideally, all Cyclops fans should be welcome.
    I'm not the one going to other threads and hating on someone's fave. If Jean fans want to ride Logan's dick then they should leave us alone when we're appreciating Scemma.
    AvX certainly uprooted a great story. That being said, I'm rather glad we also didn't get Gillen's complete plans.
    What were his plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    All the pre-Schism anger over X-Force would hit harder, or at all, if the same characters didn't give Logan starting up the same damn idea the Mentos Shrug when they found out. The claim "It's only wrong when Cyclops does it" exists for a reason.
    Somethings were really stupid in that era. Captain America storms a sovereign nation with Hellicarriers like a good old American imperialist and we were to believe that Scott is the one who's fallen out of grace? If anything AvX made Cyclops more sympathetic than anyone, unless you're too stupid or too much of a shill to realize it.

What were his plans?
    Civil War between the X-Men, Scott wins. But right at the cusp of victory, Emma literally stabs him in the back, and the last words he hears are "You made me feel lesser!" as Evil!Emma takes over.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Civil War between the X-Men, Scott wins. But right at the cusp of victory, Emma literally stabs him in the back, and the last words he hears are "You made me feel lesser!" as Evil!Emma takes over.
    Jesus Christ... Gillen really did hate Scemma

Astonishing Member

As a Jean fan (I was fascinated by the character even before I got into comics), I really understand why they feel uncomfortable/disdain about Scott and the way their romantic relationship has been handled on the past.

Fortunately, I got into comics when the messy situations were "over" and Scott was in a stable situation (and in a romantic relationship with Emma). So, I was able to become his Scott fan without an issue.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-09-2024 at 05:31 AM.

I'm not the one going to other threads and hating on someone's fave. If Jean fans want to ride Logan's dick then they should leave us alone when we're appreciating Scemma.

What were his plans?
    I think that's fair, but some Cyke fans like Jean and I wouldn't want them to feel alienated. I'm not saying it's anyone's fault in particular, nor yours, but the dislike can get extreme in these discussions.

As for Gillen's plans, Scott would eventually be betrayed by Emma and she would return to villainy after winning the fight against the opposing ideology.

I'll see if I can find the source where he went into more detail.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-09-2024 at 05:34 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

It's good this didn't happened. I really like Schemma, but the writers seem to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have to play devil’s advocate here. Emma (1) had a fling with Namor
    Namor seems to have a thing for unavailable blondes. I know there was sexual tension and flirting before the fling but I think the only actual fling was when they were both doped up on Phoenix power. It was still a betrayal to her and Cyke's relationship. No denying that. It's a poor mark on their relationship. Emma's devotion to Cyclops after the fall out of the Phoenix powers situation was interesting to see though (IMO) and a positive mark for Scemma. Cyclops just couldn't forgive her though. At all. He never married her either and unfortunately it seems Marvel has no desire to revisit Scemma. At this point I'd rather Cyclops stay perpetually single than introduce another new love interest to him if this round of Jott ever ends. I'm interested to see how their long distance connection goes in upcoming stories.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Also, I don't think Scott and Jean have a future together in comics, it'll all depend on the MCU but the Wolverine game establishes that Jean is Logan's love interest and Insomniac games are insanely popular, most people already think that Logan and Jean are the couple and Scott is just the loser who gets his gf stolen by Logan, it's better for every character involved in the awful love triangle if Scott and Jean break up and she marries Logan instead.
    I'm so sorry for potentially fueling an off-topic conversation by adding to this. Leaks suggest Sony/Insomniac are going all in on a video game universe (with at least a 10 year plan) for X-men/Spider-man with sequels for this Wolverine game and as you said, Jean and Wolverine are a couple in it. For brand synergy, maybe the MCU will follow after it to some extent and if that's the case, the comics may as well. But maybe not? I think the Insomniac Spider-man games had Harry Osborne becoming Venom and I don't think the Spider-man comics have followed that path at all.

We can only hope. They usually all suffer otherwise.

Honestly, Wolverine deserves better. For as popular a character he is, there seems to be some neglect in giving him a primary love interest that will always choose him and isn't unattainable. It seems odd.
    This is why I almost support Jean as his endgame relationship. Cyclops has a very compelling alternative (Emma <3) to Jean. Wolverine doesn't.

I'm sorry Jott fans. I don't have anything against you or Jean or Jott and part of me would be happy to see you get a happy ending featuring Jott.

Edit: it looks like we're trying to move the conversation away from shipping discussion, sorry for adding to that discussion, this post has already been quoted so I'm leaving it up instead of deleting it. Would a shipping thread centered on Scott be worth considering or would it just lead to bad conversation?
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 05-09-2024 at 05:46 AM.

You beat me to the punch; great memory.

In retrospect, I think what we got, was for the best.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia