Page 101 of 202 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    Finger error I guess, I don't pay attention to that, you've been my friend for a long time so you shouldn't worry about that detail.
    I invited you to the Twitter group, and I continue to send you preview content to your Reddit account.
    You're the man

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering we have some time before new Cyke content, how about a little ice breaker:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but what was everyone's introduction to Cyclops and what made you take interest/like the character?

For me, it was his design. I was hooked on the Jim Lee design as soon as I saw it. I knew nothing about him or the X-Men, but sought him out as a toy when I was a toddler. I would pick him in the PlayStation 1 era fighting games and would later read Uncanny X-Men #133 as a pack in with a Wolverine toy, oddly enough. From there, with the combination of the X-Men films and X-Men evolution, I was hooked. Learning more about the character definitely kept me invested.
    For me it was the first X-Men movie and X-Men evolution

Astonishing Member

Considering we have some time before new Cyke content, how about a little ice breaker:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but what was everyone's introduction to Cyclops and what made you take interest/like the character?

For me, it was his design. I was hooked on the Jim Lee design as soon as I saw it. I knew nothing about him or the X-Men, but sought him out as a toy when I was a toddler. I would pick him in the PlayStation 1 era fighting games and would later read Uncanny X-Men #133 as a pack in with a Wolverine toy, oddly enough. From there, with the combination of the X-Men films and X-Men evolution, I was hooked. Learning more about the character definitely kept me invested.
    My introduction to Cyclops was X-Men 92 animated show, but I didn't have a lot of interest on the character (although I really liked him in the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga adaptation). After that, I saw Cyclops in Evolution, where I really found the character more appealing (and the stories around him pretty interesting).

That said, I really turn into a Cyclops fan when I get into comics (it was around 2009). I really find his role as a leader in a precarious situation where he needs to take hard decisions pretty interesting.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-10-2024 at 06:01 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    For the little kid that I was. He shot uncontrollable destructive beams from his eyes. That was cool.

Evolution made me an actual fan. It was the first X-Men media that I properly followed. All my knowledge of X-Men came from that show.

I was in such a bubble that it surprised me finding out that Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. And Cyclops is hated by like third of the fandom for some reason? There's a shitty love triangle between Logan, Jean and Cyclops?!

Even when I had zero knowledge of comics and didn't even know what Dark Phoenix Saga was. I still hated X-Men: The Last Stand for utterly butchering Cyclops. If a person is losing their mind/getting consumed by overwhelming power, then their long time love interest/partner should have an important role in that story, should they not? Not according to X-Men writers.
    I had high hopes for the Last Stand. My older brothers told me he'd do more in that film. I remember hoping he'd show up later, but there was only disappointment.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Brett Booth's take on the Stegman CYCLOPS costume
    (offered up on his Patreon)

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-10-2024 at 06:39 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Brett Booth's take on the Stegman CYCLOPS costume
    (offered up on his Patreon)

The hips seem a bit... off

I had high hopes for the Last Stand. My older brothers told me he'd do more in that film. I remember hoping he'd show up later, but there was only disappointment.
    Cyclops was supposed to have a huge role in the Last Stand as Wolverine's story was over, but Marsden chose to be in Superman Legacy instead and his role was given to Jackman

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    The hips seem a bit... off
    Maybe he needs to pee?

Joke aside, it does seem a bit awkward. As for the design, I'm not a fan of the little boots. I wish they went up higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Cyclops was supposed to have a huge role in the Last Stand as Wolverine's story was over, but Marsden chose to be in Superman Legacy instead and his role was given to Jackman
    I remember when I found out about this.

To think what could have been.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Maybe he needs to pee?

Joke aside, it does seem a bit awkward. As for the design, I'm not a fan of the little boots. I wish they went up higher.
    Lol

I like the design, and it seems Stegman has already improved the way he draws Cyke by making him beefier and more broad shouldered, though I do agree with you about the boots.

I just saw one of the covers for the Wolverine solo and yeah… there’s no fixing his relationship with Jean, at this point I would prefer anyone, doesn’t even have to have powers or be a mutant, just give Scott a normal love interest who loves only him, it could be a waitress, nurse, doctor, lawyer,police,model… I don’t even care as long as there’s no love triangle and is committed to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I just saw one of the covers for the Wolverine solo and yeah… there’s no fixing his relationship with Jean, at this point I would prefer anyone, doesn’t even have to have powers or be a mutant, just give Scott a normal love interest who loves only him, it could be a waitress, nurse, doctor, lawyer,police,model… I don’t even care as long as there’s no love triangle and is committed to Scott.
    It's just a variant cover. You're fretting over nothing. It's not even romantic.

I don’t care if it’s just a variant cover, at this point it feels like there are more covers of Jean with Logan than with Scott, and it’s obviously romantic, why else do you think they chose Jean out of all the characters.

The awful love triangle will never end, why is Scott the only character who can’t have a normal love interest? At this point it’ll be better for him to move on.

I don’t care if it’s just a variant cover, at this point it feels like there are more covers of Jean with Logan than with Scott, and it’s obviously romantic, why else do you think they chose Jean out of all the characters.

The awful love triangle will never end, why is Scott the only character who can’t have a normal love interest? At this point it’ll be better for him to move on.
    There aren't as many Jogan covers as there are Jott covers, that's for damn sure. Guess we'll have to wait and see but like you I'm not trusting Brevoort's words either

Also, a civilian love interest would be way more interesting because it’d take him out of his comfort zone and allow him to expand his social circle which he desperately needs.

Also, a civilian love interest would be way more interesting because it’d take him out of his comfort zone and allow him to expand his social circle which he desperately needs.
    For the better or the worse, Scott and Jean being together is the default status quo of 616. A civilian love interest would fade into obscurity even worse than Emma.