Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    What I liked about Gillen is that even if he saw Cyclops as a villain he did his best to show us his point of view and make him sympathetic, AvX: Consequences is one of the best Cyclops stories ever told.

But maybe is a good thing his run ended when it did, considering his plans not only for Scott but also for Emma. Bendis get a lot of criticism about his X-Men run, and I agre with some of it, but at the end of the day he also put a lot of work in showing us Cyclops side of things, and we should remember that at the time, he was the only one "siding" with Cyclops, the other x-books and Avengers book all painted him as the villain.
    AvX: Consequences is among my favorite Cyclops comics. UXM 18 and 19 also portrayed him as tragic and sympathetic fallen hero. The problem is that they failed to properly villainize him. For the first five issue of the main AvX series, he was just right, Avengers were the bad guys who acted like fascists. Scott just wanted Hope to bond with the Phoenix and reignite the mutant gene. This was something that Nathan told him to do and we know that Phoenix has restarted evolution in other planets too.

So basically Cyclops was right until the Avengers split the Phoenix into five fragments and Scott refusing to give it to hope, believing himself to be the mutant messiah.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 04:26 PM.