Page 99 of 162 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2416
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I didn't like Bendis' run. First of all in Gillen's UXM, the stakes were so high, it was the most powerful X-Men team ever assembled to protect the planet from extinction level threats, Bendis' UXM was a huge downgrade in that regard.
    The dialogue... God I hate how he writes dialogues...
    And last but not least, Cyclops was supposed to be leading a revolution of some sort and that turned out to be a peace rally? What a fucking let down lol.
    My headcanon is that none of the Bendis era stuff happened, after AvX Consequences Scott tried to to use the power of Phoenix once again to stop the incursions and died in Secret Wars and was resurrected in Rosenberg's UXM, realizing that his methods had become too extreme

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...22945445007847

If Rafe Judkins ends up writing the movie, Cyclops will be badly written and irrelevant, he adapted The Wheel of Time and made the protagonist of the books a side character to make the female characters more important, he even stole scenes from the protagonist and gave them to them... I can already see Mr Sinister being obsessed with Storm instead of Cyclops. I actually had hope that the MCU would do Scott justice but with these writers there's no way.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...22945445007847

If Rafe Judkins ends up writing the movie, Cyclops will be badly written and irrelevant, he adapted The Wheel of Time and made the protagonist of the books a side character to make the female characters more important, he even stole scenes from the protagonist and gave them to them... I can already see Mr Sinister being obsessed with Storm instead of Cyclops. I actually had hope that the MCU would do Scott justice but with these writers there's no way.
    Jesus Christ... Marvel will never beat the M-She-U allegations

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Jesus Christ... Marvel will never beat the M-She-U allegations
    This dude made Rand, the protagonist of The Wheel of Time, irrelevant and pathetic and gave all his coolest scenes to the female characters... I don't even wanna imagine what he'd do with Scott, he tries way to hard to pander to feminists and it all ends up being a total disaster.

I apologize for popping in here and focusing only on what I consider to be Scott's insensitive and downright disrespectful behavior toward Jean. It was a reflexive response to a few fans who framed Jean's actions and history in a way I found ridiculously one-sided, blind-spotted, and offensive. It was also a rehashing of my former gripes with Scott. I was able to forgive him after reading his adult and teenage arcs during the time-displacement era, when, as an adult, I found him incredibly compelling and alluring and, as a teenager, I found him relatable and endearing. And I loved his and Jean's arc during that era, too, which I feel was handled brilliantly, with both facing aspects of themselves, each other, and their relationship that informed their recoupling.

I've already said what I had to say about Krakoa, but I'll add this: I found Scott's behavior toward Jean during this era both supremely sensitive and incredibly sexy. It's almost as if he recognized how much mortal time she lost and how much of a toll repeatedly dying and coming back took on her. Not to mention what she endured from Phoenix Resurrection to Age of X-Man, including contending with his death and the murder of her family, Xavier's betrayal of her and the rest of the O5, her remembrance of her time-displacement and all that she learned through that while her adult self was still in the White Hot Room, and, of course, her son's madness. They didn't speak much, if at all, about any of this, but I think that's why he encouraged her to lead and accepted her having an affair with Logan and was just generally open to whatever she wanted to do. It was like he was finally telling her, "Ha! Live, Jean. Live." Frankly, it made me fall in love with him again.

Scott is a beautifully flawed and heroic character, as is his wife, and they both survived traumatic childhoods and traumatic young adulthoods, committing grave mistakes and singular heroic acts along the way. What makes them inspiring and relatable as both individuals and a couple is that they're not perfect. I understand why Jean loves him. I can't deny that I find him attractive, too. And, of course, I understand why he's never been able to truly move on from Jean. Ultimately, I think they're in a place now brimming with potential. One thing I loved about the Krakoan era is that they both allowed each other the space and time to do what they each wanted while also deeply respecting and understanding one another. That's one thing I loved about the Brood arc. They went toe to toe, but ultimately, they compromised for each other. Jean gave Scott the respect he deserved as a leader and didn't stand in his way after he didn't back down about wanting to destroy the Brood. In turn, Scott gave Jean what she wanted by letting her save the Brood under Broo's control.

I want the best for them both. That's all.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-09-2024 at 05:35 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This dude made Rand, the protagonist of The Wheel of Time, irrelevant and pathetic and gave all his coolest scenes to the female characters... I don't even wanna imagine what he'd do with Scott, he tries way to hard to pander to feminists and it all ends up being a total disaster.
    We're in for a disaster bro. They will never learn. I wanna see storm shine after years of bad treatment by Fox, but that doesn't mean they should only focus on female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I apologize for popping in here and focusing only on what I consider to be Scott's insensitive and downright disrespectful behavior toward Jean. It was a reflexive response to a few fans who framed Jean's actions and history in a way I found ridiculously one-sided, blind-spotted, and offensive. It was also a rehashing of my former gripes with Scott. I was able to forgive him after reading his adult and teenage arcs during the time-displacement era, when, as an adult, I found him incredibly compelling and alluring and, as a teenager, I found him relatable and endearing. And I loved his and Jean's arc during that era, too, which I feel was handled brilliantly, with both facing aspects of themselves, each other, and their relationship that informed their recoupling.

I've already said what I had to say about Krakoa, but I'll add this: I found Scott's behavior toward Jean during this era both supremely sensitive and incredibly sexy. It's almost as if he recognized how much of a toll repeatedly dying and coming back took on her. Not to mention what she endured from Phoenix Resurrection to Age of X-Man, including contending with his death and the murder of her family, Xavier's betrayal of her and the rest of the O5, her remembrance of her time-displacement and all that she learned through that while her adult self was still in the White Hot Room, and, of course, her son's madness. They didn't speak much, if at all, about any of this, but I think that's why he encouraged her to lead and accepted her having an affair with Logan and was just generally open to whatever she wanted to do. It was like he was finally telling her, "Ha! Live, Jean. Live." Frankly, it made me fall in love with him again.

Scott is a beautifully flawed and heroic character, as is his wife, and they both survived traumatic childhoods and traumatic young adulthoods, committing grave mistakes and singular heroic acts along the way. What makes them inspiring and relatable as both individuals and a couple is that they're not perfect. I understand why Jean loves him. I can't deny that I find him attractive, too. And, of course, I understand why he's never been able to truly move on from Jean. Ultimately, I think they're in a place now brimming with potential. One thing I loved about the Krakoan era is that they both allowed each other the space and time to do what they each wanted while also deeply respecting and understanding one another. That's one thing I loved about the Brood arc. They went toe to toe, but ultimately, they compromised for each other. Jean gave Scott the respect he deserved as a leader and didn't stand in his way after he didn't back down about wanting to destroy the Brood. In turn, Scott gave Jean what she wanted by letting her save the Brood under Broo's control.

I want the best for them both. That's all.
    After X of Swords, they chose each other and went to live in a treehouse together. I hope there's no Jogan or Scemma in the upcoming relaunch.

I think that allowing Jean to hook up with Logan makes Scott look really pathetic and shows a ridiculous lack of self-respect, no one will ever be able to convince me that being a cuck is a good thing, I hope it gets retconned, I'd even prefer if Scott accepted that shitty arrangement because he was being manipulated via telepathy, anything but Scott suddenly losing all his self-respect and pride and saying "sure, go fuck Wolverine while I cook dinner".

After X of Swords, they chose each other and went to live in a treehouse together.
    Exactly.

I hope there's no Jogan or Scemma in the upcoming relaunch.
    I can genuinely say I hope the same. And I don't think there will be. Carnero already revealed (and promptly deleted) a panel of Tony in Exceptional X-Men, accompanied by a goggle-eyed emoji. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue developing his marriage to Emma.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I think that allowing Jean to hook up with Logan makes Scott look really pathetic and shows a ridiculous lack of self-respect, no one will ever be able to convince me that being a cuck is a good thing, I hope it gets retconned, I'd even prefer if Scott accepted that shitty arrangement because he was being manipulated via telepathy, anything but Scott suddenly losing all his self-respect and pride and saying "sure, go fuck Wolverine while I cook dinner".
    I hated it but it really wasn't that big of a deal that fans try to blow it out of proportion. We also had hints of Scemma in the beginning but I think after Scott and Jean went to live in the treehouse, they had moved on from other romantic entanglements. I don't see it mentioned in the upcoming relaunch either, considering that they already swept it under the rug.

Enough! You didn't view Jean as a cuckquean when things were reversed, did you? In any event, I feel it makes him a strong and confident man who simply wanted to afford his wife what she afforded him long ago.

I'm done with this conversation. ::flies away::

Exactly.

I can genuinely say I hope the same. And I don't think there will be. Carnero already revealed (and promptly deleted) a panel of Tony in Exceptional X-Men, accompanied by a goggle-eyed emoji. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue developing his marriage to Emma.
    That tweet was fake, the one from the panel was Carol, not Emma and it's from an Avengers run.

Exactly.

Brevoort is saying all the right things when it comes to Jott. Hopefully both Logan and Emma have moved on.

Enough! You didn't view Jean as a cuckquean when things were reversed, did you? In any event, I feel it makes him a strong and confident man who simply wanted to afford his wife what she afforded him long ago.

I'm done with this conversation. ::flies away::
    No because things were never the other way, Scott had the psychic affair with Emma and that's it, Jean got mad when she found out about it, if writers showed Scott constantly hooking up with other women with Jean's permission I'd consider her a cuck too and feel bad for her.

Scott dated Emma when Jean was dead, it's not the same at all.

Please, let's move on from this subject already. Scott and Jean are Endgame in 616, Logan at the very best is a side piece