Page 100 of 161 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2413
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

What I'm really concerned about is the MCU Cyclops...

Well, if the writer from The Wheel of Time is one of the two candidates it's obvious that they have no intention of doing justice to any of the male characters, at best he'll be irrelevant, at worst just an useless bum who's there to be rescued and put in his place by Jean or some other female character.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Well, if the writer from The Wheel of Time is one of the two candidates it's obvious that they have no intention of doing justice to any of the male characters, at best he'll be irrelevant, at worst just an useless bum who's there to be rescued and put in his place by Jean or some other female character.
    Plot twist: There is no Cyclops in MCU's X-Men...

It wouldn't surprise me

I mean at this point, MCU is a joke. It's probably for the best if we don't see him on the big screen.

Maybe we should find another character to root for. Hal Jordan? Barry Allen?
    Cyclops is FUBAR now

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I hated it but it really wasn't that big of a deal that fans try to blow it out of proportion. We also had hints of Scemma in the beginning but I think after Scott and Jean went to live in the treehouse, they had moved on from other romantic entanglements. I don't see it mentioned in the upcoming relaunch either, considering that they already swept it under the rug.
    Problems are not hidden Jacen, they must be talked about and solved, that is the problem with Scott and Jean, everything happens off-panel, it is terribly annoying that Jean invades Scott's mind but he is not aware of what she is doing, ( X-men 97) + happened a couple of times in the Claremont retcons of X-men Classic, and even though Scott knows something about it, Jean has never put a definitive stop to Logan's interests.
    And as I said before, Jean fans only tolerate Scott because he is a main character, days before NearlyEnough found comments towards Cyclops, now the words of the same account (Twitter /X) have changed for convenience and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    Problems are not hidden Jacen, they must be talked about and solved, that is the problem with Scott and Jean, everything happens off-panel, it is terribly annoying that Jean invades Scott's mind but he is not aware of what she is doing, ( X-men 97) + happened a couple of times in the Claremont retcons of X-men Classic, and even though Scott knows something about it, Jean has never put a definitive stop to Logan's interests.
    And as I said before, Jean fans only tolerate Scott because he is a main character, days before NearlyEnough found comments towards Cyclops, now the words of the same account (Twitter /X) have changed for convenience and hypocrisy.
    There are Jean fans that genuinely like Scott. I'm a Cyke stan but genuinely like Jean. I prefer to enjoy things on my own than listen to random people's opinons nowadays, although my pessimism still persists.
    BTW why have you removed me from your friends list

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    There are Jean fans that genuinely like Scott. I'm a Cyke stan but genuinely like Jean. I prefer to enjoy things on my own than listen to random people's opinons nowadays, although my pessimism still persists.
    BTW why have you removed me from your friends list
    Finger error I guess, I don't pay attention to that, you've been my friend for a long time so you shouldn't worry about that detail.
    I invited you to the Twitter group, and I continue to send you preview content to your Reddit account.
    Last edited by AJ.j1n0u; 05-09-2024 at 09:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I think that allowing Jean to hook up with Logan makes Scott look really pathetic and shows a ridiculous lack of self-respect, no one will ever be able to convince me that being a cuck is a good thing, I hope it gets retconned, I'd even prefer if Scott accepted that shitty arrangement because he was being manipulated via telepathy, anything but Scott suddenly losing all his self-respect and pride and saying "sure, go fuck Wolverine while I cook dinner".
    Honestly, I don't think the situation in Krakoa is really pathetic for Scott. It was just an agreement between two adults. It's a messy situation, but they are honest this time.

I would prefer if Scott and Jean just break up, but that's likely my dislike for their romantic relationship speaking.

Yeah, I think Morrison wrote a very convincing argument for the end of Scott and Jean’s relationship, and I don’t think anybody since has written a convincing argument for why they got back together.

I was a fan of the polyamorous angle — but it felt like after Hickman left, they had to downplay it. Still, it was beautiful while it lasted.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Considering we have some time before new Cyke content, how about a little ice breaker:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but what was everyone's introduction to Cyclops and what made you take interest/like the character?

For me, it was his design. I was hooked on the Jim Lee design as soon as I saw it. I knew nothing about him or the X-Men, but sought him out as a toy when I was a toddler. I would pick him in the PlayStation 1 era fighting games and would later read Uncanny X-Men #133 as a pack in with a Wolverine toy, oddly enough. From there, with the combination of the X-Men films and X-Men evolution, I was hooked. Learning more about the character definitely kept me invested.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-10-2024 at 04:15 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, I think Morrison wrote a very convincing argument for the end of Scott and Jean’s relationship, and I don’t think anybody since has written a convincing argument for why they got back together.

I was a fan of the polyamorous angle — but it felt like after Hickman left, they had to downplay it. Still, it was beautiful while it lasted.
    Nah I'm glad it was swept under the rug. It didn't make any sense for these characters and they were trying to pander to a a niche audience among a nice audience lmao. There was no way they were going to keep it around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering we have some time before new Cyke content, how about a little ice breaker:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but what was everyone's introduction to Cyclops and what made you take interest/like the character?

For me, it was his design. I was hooked on the Jim Lee design as soon as I saw it. I knew nothing about him or the X-Men, but sought him out as a toy when I was a toddler. I would pick him in the PlayStation 1 era fighting games and would later read Uncanny X-Men #133 as a pack in with a Wolverine toy, oddly enough. From there, with the combination of the X-Men films and X-Men evolution, I was hooked. Learning more about the character definitely kept me invested.
    For the little kid that I was. He shot uncontrollable destructive beams from his eyes. That was cool.

Evolution made me an actual fan. It was the first X-Men media that I properly followed. All my knowledge of X-Men came from that show.

I was in such a bubble that it surprised me finding out that Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. And Cyclops is hated by like third of the fandom for some reason? There's a shitty love triangle between Logan, Jean and Cyclops?!

Even when I had zero knowledge of comics and didn't even know what Dark Phoenix Saga was. I still hated X-Men: The Last Stand for utterly butchering Cyclops. If a person is losing their mind/getting consumed by overwhelming power, then their long time love interest/partner should have an important role in that story, should they not? Not according to X-Men writers.