Page 93 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2406

Also, I don't think Scott and Jean have a future together in comics, it'll all depend on the MCU but the Wolverine game establishes that Jean is Logan's love interest and Insomniac games are insanely popular, most people already think that Logan and Jean are the couple and Scott is just the loser who gets his gf stolen by Logan, it's better for every character involved in the awful love triangle if Scott and Jean break up and she marries Logan instead.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Tom said despite Phoenix heading to Space in her solo she is still married to Cyclops. So no Logan Thankfully. Logan Jewn should not happen
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Tom said despite Phoenix heading to Space in her solo she is still married to Cyclops. So no Logan Thankfully. Logan Jewn should not happen
    We can only hope. They usually all suffer otherwise.

Honestly, Wolverine deserves better. For as popular a character he is, there seems to be some neglect in giving him a primary love interest that will always choose him and isn't unattainable. It seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Is the first one from pryde of the X-Men?
    Cool gifs by the way. Thanks
    Yes, that is Pryde of the X-Men.

Just to change the topic slightly, I'm not sure this was discussed already, but what are the chances of Scott appearing in Rivals as a playable character?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-08-2024 at 11:10 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have to play devil’s advocate here. Emma (1) had a fling with Namor, (2) repeatedly pressed Scott to keep “no secrets,” certainly more than Jean ever did (Jean wouldn't even read his mind when he pushed her to in order to “know” his feelings in New X-Men; instead, she pushed him to share his feelings), (3) tried reading his mind against his will (Jean actually trained him to create his own “psychic little black box,” which even Emma couldn't penetrate), (4) mind-controlled teenage Scott and tried rewriting his personality, which teen Jean stopped her from doing, and, quite frankly, the list goes on.

What did Jean do? Mostly get kissed by Logan, for which she blasted him off his feet and on his ass the first time around. Later, she was caught off guard by him while he was dying, and she didn't have the heart to hurt or push him away. And after that, another sneaky kiss by Logan until New X-Men, when she purportedly kissed him, even though she was talking about missing her husband. Frankly, because of the positioning of their bodies, I always interpreted that scene as Logan, again, having spun her around to kiss her, which she didn't fight off. But even if she had kissed him, so what? At least she had been honest with Scott about her ambiguous feelings for Logan.

Scott got over Jean pretty quickly when he thought her dead the first go around and got with Colleen. Years later, he lied to Jean for months about Madelyne, after which he pursued Jean when they thought Madelyne was dead, and Jean gave in, only for him to inculcate Jean in his guilt when they learned Madelyne was alive, which is what turned Jean against Madelyne for a brief period. (Jean was Madelyne’s FIRST advocate, after all, and remained so longer than anyone else.) Years after that—after their marriage—he allowed himself to be licked by Betsy/Kwannon, never pushing her away or at least saying something. And, of course, he trusted the facilitator of his wife’s abuse and trauma before trusting literally any of his other friends, like Ororo or Hank, and then engaged in a hot and heavy psychic affair with her, all the while the two fetishisized one of the most traumatic periods in Jean’s life.

Frankly, I was thrilled Jean FINALLY consummated her passion for and best-frienship with Logan during the Krakoan era, and that Scott went along with it even though he hated it, like he told Emma during the penultimate Hellfire Gala, which is also puzzling, considering the fact it was implied they were messing around, too. Anyway, Scott supporting Jean’s sexual freedom with a man who adores and reveres her showed me he was a REAL man and knew his wife deserved to enjoy the privileges he not only took for granted without her consent but that she also afforded him when she ascended to do the work she was always meant to do as White Phoenix. She did let him have his cake and eat it too, after all. “Ha. Live. Live, Scott. Live.”

For the longest time, I wanted Jean as far away from him as possible, because I felt he not only disrespected her in the most profound ways but also dragged her down. Now? After Krakoa? I feel they have a shot. They're even. They respect and, of course, never stopped loving each other. It reminds me of the story Duggan shared about his parents, who divorced and remained separated for 17 years before remarrying and staying together until the end. Those kinds of messy, rocky love stories are real. Ultimately, they have the opportunity to be one of the realest, most inspiring, beautiful pairings, as they've always been at their best. But we have to stop blaming either of them to boost or exonerate the other. Maybe we should be as forgiving of them as they are of each other. Food for thought.
    Being pissed for a while I certainly understand, especially given the tone of the writer/editorial interviews at the time, which basically amounted to "Emma rules! Jean drools!" I wouldn't take that well either, and no one who posts in this thread regularly has any appreciation for the "Mutant Hitler" stuff, except that it didn't last anywhere near as long as Jean staying dead did.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Probably. If not, then maybe from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Cyke and the rest of the X-Men show up in 2 episodes I believe.
    Confirm that the first gif is PRYDE OF THE X-MEN.
    Also Cyke and the X-Men have more than 2 appearances in SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS if you include the less substantial appearance episodes.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    First of all, I understand that you see things from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about Scott's character at all, and only likes him when he's a nice accessory for Jean, which is understandable, you're clearly a huge Jean fan and most Jean fans hate Scott anyway, but Scott fans don't think the same way, we don't like him worshipping Jean and doing everything she wants or allowing her to cheat on him.

Jean's relationship with Logan during Krakoa ruined her relationship with Scott even more, that's not being man, it's called being a CUCK, and as you said, Scott hates it so Jean was being unnecessarily cruel to Scott by hooking up with Logan, I don't get how you can see anything romantic or healthy in that... seems like you don't understand that Jean hooking up with Logan makes her and Scott not some wholesome married couple but friends with benefits, that's what they were in Krakoa, glorified friends with benefits. There's no point in being married if Jean can just go fuck anyone, that's not how relationships work, if she needed "sexual freedom" whatever that means, she should've divorced Scott because she clearly doesn't love him one bit, if she did, she would be committed to him instead of sleeping around.

Also, you ignored an awful lot of context to make Scott look worse, Scott didn't allow Betsy to lick his face, he just didn't expect her to do that and after she kissed him, he immediately got away and told her that they couldn't do that. As for trusting Emma, she was literally the only one who offered him help, Ororo is not his friend and Hank didn't even think there was something wrong with Scott, also, it's funny how you blame Scott for that, he asked Emma for help to fix his marriage (because Jean rudely dismissed his trauma) and she took advantage of his delicate mental state to seduce him, if anything he was a victim, and none of that would've happened if Jean didn't emotionally abandon him, he connected with Emma because she was someone who was willing to hear his problems and emotionally connect with him unlike Jean at that moment, he had just been possessed by Apocalypse and was clearly traumatized so he needed someone and that someone ended up being Emma.

Also, Jean flirted back at Logan multiple times and they clearly had an emotional affair for years and no, someone being on the verge of death doesn't mean that you can cheat on your boyfriend, also, what do you think would've happened during New X-Men if Logan didn't turn her down?

Both did bad things to each other and ultimately are better off apart, as you said, the status quo of Krakoa was just ridiculously toxic and not something Cyclops' fans want to see anymore, we want Scott to be his own character and be with someone who loves him and is committed to him, not just a member of Jean's harem.
    Just drop it, man. No reason to clutter up the thread even more with this pointless back and forth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Just drop it, man. No reason to clutter up the thread even more with this pointless back and forth.
    I'm with you in fact I'm kinda out. I love both characters and its hard not to go to one without hearing negative stuff on the other. I used to come here for news and new previews etc but now I come and get depressed reading all the back and forth...

Be good y'all.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

If anything, Krakoan era made me dislike Scott and Jean's relationship. I guess it's up to Brevoort and Mackay to make them what they used to be before Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, Wolverine deserves better. For as popular a character he is, there seems to be some neglect in giving him a primary love interest that will always choose him and isn't unattainable. It seems odd.
    That's part of the appeal of the character though, he's like James Bond, he's not going to settle down.

First of all, I understand that you see things from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about Scott's character at all, and only likes him when he's a nice accessory for Jean, which is understandable, you're clearly a huge Jean fan and most Jean fans hate Scott anyway, but Scott fans don't think the same way, we don't like him worshipping Jean and doing everything she wants or allowing her to cheat on him.

Jean's relationship with Logan during Krakoa ruined her relationship with Scott even more, that's not being man, it's called being a CUCK, and as you said, Scott hates it so Jean was being unnecessarily cruel to Scott by hooking up with Logan, I don't get how you can see anything romantic or healthy in that... seems like you don't understand that Jean hooking up with Logan makes her and Scott not some wholesome married couple but friends with benefits, that's what they were in Krakoa, glorified friends with benefits. There's no point in being married if Jean can just go fuck anyone, that's not how relationships work, if she needed "sexual freedom" whatever that means, she should've divorced Scott because she clearly doesn't love him one bit, if she did, she would be committed to him instead of sleeping around.

Also, you ignored an awful lot of context to make Scott look worse, Scott didn't allow Betsy to lick his face, he just didn't expect her to do that and after she kissed him, he immediately got away and told her that they couldn't do that. As for trusting Emma, she was literally the only one who offered him help, Ororo is not his friend and Hank didn't even think there was something wrong with Scott, also, it's funny how you blame Scott for that, he asked Emma for help to fix his marriage (because Jean rudely dismissed his trauma) and she took advantage of his delicate mental state to seduce him, if anything he was a victim, and none of that would've happened if Jean didn't emotionally abandon him, he connected with Emma because she was someone who was willing to hear his problems and emotionally connect with him unlike Jean at that moment, he had just been possessed by Apocalypse and was clearly traumatized so he needed someone and that someone ended up being Emma.

Also, Jean flirted back at Logan multiple times and they clearly had an emotional affair for years and no, someone being on the verge of death doesn't mean that you can cheat on your boyfriend, also, what do you think would've happened during New X-Men if Logan didn't turn her down?

Both did bad things to each other and ultimately are better off apart, as you said, the status quo of Krakoa was just ridiculously toxic and not something Cyclops' fans want to see anymore, we want Scott to be his own character and be with someone who loves him and is committed to him, not just a member of Jean's harem.
    Good to have you here bro. You're not afraid of preaching the truth.

Also, I don't think Scott and Jean have a future together in comics, it'll all depend on the MCU but the Wolverine game establishes that Jean is Logan's love interest and Insomniac games are insanely popular, most people already think that Logan and Jean are the couple and Scott is just the loser who gets his gf stolen by Logan, it's better for every character involved in the awful love triangle if Scott and Jean break up and she marries Logan instead.
    Although I disagree with this take.spoilers:
    Logan and Jean end up on really bad terms in the game based on the leaks, also Scott is one of the mutants Jean rescues at the end. So we really don't know what might happen.
    end of spoilers X-Men '97 is huge and Scott and Jean are a couple there, I've seen a lot of people mocking Logan for being a simp in the show lol. Also Jean being Logan's gf turns her into discount MJ and that's bad for her character. Cyke and Jean are much more closer to one another in terms of popularity and can benefit from being together. It's just that so many stupid decisions have been made them for them that has made their relationship unlikable. Hopefully Brevoort delivers
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I'm with you in fact I'm kinda out. I love both characters and its hard not to go to one without hearing negative stuff on the other. I used to come here for news and new previews etc but now I come and get depressed reading all the back and forth...

Be good y'all.
    Most Jean Grey fans hate Scott with a burning passion. It's not a Romy situation at all.

A great scene between X-Men's greatest leaders. I love their friendship though I feel like there hasn't been any memorable moments between them for awhile

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    If anything, Krakoan era made me dislike Scott and Jean's relationship. I guess it's up to Brevoort and Mackay to make them what they used to be before Morrison's run.
    My case is interesting, because I really like Scott and Jean as individual characters, but I really dislike their romantic relationship.

The thing in Krakoa doesn't annoy me so much since it was a mutual agreement. However, the previous things with Logan, Maddie and Emma make the couple too messy for my liking.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-09-2024 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    My case it's interesting, because I really like Scott and Jean as individual character, but I really dislike their romantic relationship.

The thing in Krakoa doesn't annoy me so much since it was a mutual agreement. However, the previous things with Logan, Maddie and Emma make the couple too messy for my liking.
    The thing in Krakoa didn't even last long though. Hickman hinted at it, percy leaned into it early in his run and then after XoS it was barely a thing anymore.