Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looking forward to Uncanny alot and Kurt is main i mean he is on all team covers. Aldo love hes in the furst arc on Wolverine. I haven't seen thier friendship alot recently i miss it.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-08-2024 at 10:39 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Like I said, he admits to not following other peoples work and that annoys me as much as any writer. It doesn't matter if he is the one and only Chris Claremont. Why he brought Amanda/Jimaine back just to kill her in his series so he get romantic with someone else I will never know. Also, the Magik mini may be obscure, but it was a very good mini. If you are an Amanda fan or a Kurt fan. They got Kurts's voice down and made Amanda a capable leader of Limbo and a decent strategist.

His second series is nothing. During Storms X.S.E days you had Rachel, Betsy, Ororo and Night nurse, though nothing serious became of it. Like I said maybe it had to do with his being a priest not being that popular. I actually liked CC's priest portrayal of Kurt. And despite Kurts love of women, he was shown he can be celibate and took his vows seriously. Him pushing away Cerise and Stacy are examples. Of course, there is Kurt missing the touch of a woman under Austen. He just wanted Kurt out of the priesthood. He said he was going to be the one to finally do it, lol. No matter how poorly handled. After X.S.E Kurt wasn't in any romantic light for years. I believe Zsen and SS were the first women he has been with since then if I remember. Thats a long time. Not counting the AU with him and Meggan as an item. Maybe the priest thing never left him in spirit. I don't know or it was the lack of interest from the creatives and editorial. Anyway, I don't need to see Kurt with girls all the time. I think occasions that's not focused on is good for character growth. I like fun Kurt, but I don't want him to be someone note ladies' man the same as I don't want a one note religious character.
    Claremont never seemed to know what to do with Amanda. He would bring her in occasionally but she never stayed around long enough to make much of an impact. With the real Magik back, it makes Amanda even more redundant now.

I agree with you he shouldn't be typecast as a religious celibate or as a ladies man constantly getting new and temporary love interests.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I had my suspicions that Saladin pushed Tom for a jovial swashbuckling Kurt for a reason! He’s partnered up with Logan in the new wolverine book!

Almost five years of nothing and now they’re in two books together, not sure if he’s just a special guest but still, brilliant!
    YES. Not only do we have 'Uncanny' and 'Wolverine', we also have 'Uncanny 700.'

Kurt as the voice of reason. With all this talk of Logan, though, I love the Kurt and Piotr friendship.

I don't even remember the last time Kurt interacted with Cecilia. I liked the sorta friendship that developed during the CC 'Reload' days.

That is actually a miscolored Kurt comforting Cecilia.

Kurt even guided Cecilia about her powers when she took the Rave drug to amplify her powers to fight off the Neo. That would make her powers go haywire.

Also love the Kurt and Piotr friendship which doesn't get referenced as much as the Kurt/Logan one.

Cecilia and Kurt were also a good match in those issues. Another friendship I haven't seen brought up.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I just got the X Men 97 Nightcrawler figure, I freaking love it! I wish the face was a bit different, and that it came with a sword or something. But it's still great!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

'Wolverine' cover with Nightcrawler. We're being spoiled with all these great covers.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    'Wolverine' cover with Nightcrawler. We're being spoiled with all these great covers.

Kurt in two books is great! My wallet hates it, but I don't haha.

This cover looks amazing!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post
    Kurt in two books is great! My wallet hates it, but I don't haha.

This cover looks amazing!
    It's a variant cover, doesn’t mean he's actually in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    It's a variant cover, doesn’t mean he's actually in the book.
    The synopsis says he's going to have a presence.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The synopsis says he's going to have a presence.
    Didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me.

Yep Kurt at least in the first arc to help set up the series. Kurt bring Logan back from his animal side is aways a treat
    X-Men Forever

A friendship I'd like to see explored more is Kurt/Jubilee. Especially now that they're in the flagship book together. Both are exceedingly close to Logan but I can't think of any major Kurt/Jubilee moments.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    A friendship I'd like to see explored more is Kurt/Jubilee. Especially now that they're in the flagship book together. Both are exceedingly close to Logan but I can't think of any major Kurt/Jubilee moments.
    Me neither. In Uncanny during Austens run I don't recall most scenes together
    X-Men Forever