Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm just posting this because I feel like it. One of my favorite Kurt moments ever. Kurt takes a chance and it works out quite well. Fantastically rendered by Dave Cockrum.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-07-2024 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah, that was weird, Kurt and Ray wanting to get married so soon but I just consider the writer at the time. Ugh. I prefer Kurt and Amanda to be friends actually. They worked well that way in Amandas Magik mini though there was some bad blood after because of Amanda hiding the soulsword in Kurt without his knowledge inn his first ongoing. That action risked the life of Kurt and his friends. CC obviously didn't read that when he wrote Kurts second solo. I prefer Cerise or Betsy (or did Betsy).
    CC generally doesn't acknowledge other writers' work if he can help it. I think the Magik mini was so obscure anyway that he probably didn't know about it and editorial in the 2000s really didn't care. I haven't read enough of Cerise to have an idea on her with Kurt. Betsy works for me but I still prefer her with Warren and Kurt with Amanda. Wasn't Kurt romantically involved with Bloody Bess, who originally CC was planning on revealing to be the real British Betsy?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    CC generally doesn't acknowledge other writers' work if he can help it. I think the Magik mini was so obscure anyway that he probably didn't know about it and editorial in the 2000s really didn't care. I haven't read enough of Cerise to have an idea on her with Kurt. Betsy works for me but I still prefer her with Warren and Kurt with Amanda.Wasn't Kurt romantically involved with Bloody Bess, who originally CC was planning on revealing to be the real British Betsy?
    It was a very brief liaison.

Yeah, that was weird, Kurt and Ray wanting to get married so soon but I just consider the writer at the time. Ugh. I prefer Kurt and Amanda to be friends actually. They worked well that way in Amandas Magik mini though there was some bad blood after because of Amanda hiding the soulsword in Kurt without his knowledge inn his first ongoing. That action risked the life of Kurt and his friends. CC obviously didn't read that when he wrote Kurts second solo. I prefer Cerise or Betsy (or did Betsy).

I really like this er... threesome too. I have also dealt in some X-men fanworks.

Also, I saw the wordless preview to Gails upcoming 'Uncanny' but no Kurt in it. I was so looking forward to the upcoming artwork with Kurt. Oh, well... Still looks good, Though. All the characters are good.
    I’m a little disappointed we haven’t seen Kurt in the previews yet but I suspect he’s going to be just a supporting cast member for the time being and become more involved later. So I’m not expecting to see much of him.

I'm just posting this because I feel like it. One of my favorite Kurt moments ever. Kurt takes a chance and it works out quite well. Fantastically rendered by Dave Cockrum.

Love this moment, one of his great leaps of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    It was a very brief liaison.
    Claremont seemed to treat Kurt like the team's resident playboy. He was always hooking up with all the females in his vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Claremont seemed to treat Kurt like the team's resident playboy. He was always hooking up with all the females in his vicinity.
    Like I said, he admits to not following other peoples work and that annoys me as much as any writer. It doesn't matter if he is the one and only Chris Claremont. Why he brought Amanda/Jimaine back just to kill her in his series so he get romantic with someone else I will never know. Also, the Magik mini may be obscure, but it was a very good mini. If you are an Amanda fan or a Kurt fan. They got Kurts's voice down and made Amanda a capable leader of Limbo and a decent strategist.

His second series is nothing. During Storms X.S.E days you had Rachel, Betsy, Ororo and Night nurse, though nothing serious became of it. Like I said maybe it had to do with his being a priest not being that popular. I actually liked CC's priest portrayal of Kurt. And despite Kurts love of women, he was shown he can be celibate and took his vows seriously. Him pushing away Cerise and Stacy are examples. Of course, there is Kurt missing the touch of a woman under Austen. He just wanted Kurt out of the priesthood. He said he was going to be the one to finally do it, lol. No matter how poorly handled. After X.S.E Kurt wasn't in any romantic light for years. I believe Zsen and SS were the first women he has been with since then if I remember. Thats a long time. Not counting the AU with him and Meggan as an item. Maybe the priest thing never left him in spirit. I don't know or it was the lack of interest from the creatives and editorial. Anyway, I don't need to see Kurt with girls all the time. I think occasions that's not focused on is good for character growth. I like fun Kurt, but I don't want him to be someone note ladies' man the same as I don't want a one note religious character.

I’m a little disappointed we haven’t seen Kurt in the previews yet but I suspect he’s going to be just a supporting cast member for the time being and become more involved later. So I’m not expecting to see much of him.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. And they are supposedly going back to amore 90's feel. So, the three most prominent characters of that era would be front and center, I guess. OR he will have a good role in the rest of the comic book is my hopeful side. Maybe he is off somewhere doing something with Jubilee. Thats my hopeful side.

Love this moment, one of his great leaps of faith.
    Was that a pun you were making? If so it was a good one.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2024 at 04:59 AM.

I love this scene between Kurt and Ben from Moon Knight. They are both "monsters". They should get a beer together. And I love that thought bubble of the guy who is sitting behind Ben. It is a nice touch and makes the world more real. The artwork is great.

Spiderman refers to Kurt as "Elfy" in a Marvel Team-Up written by Claremont.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2024 at 05:25 AM.

Oh I like that last one, who's the artist ?

Whelp thanks to x-men forever we now know why Kurt’s carrying a regular sword around in the Uncanny book. I am deeply disappointed he lost yet another upgrade! It was a good one too! But, since he forged it out of his own pure hope perhaps in the future a writer will say he just made another one (Kurt is a source of endless hope) and bring it back.

I had my suspicions that Saladin pushed Tom for a jovial swashbuckling Kurt for a reason! He’s partnered up with Logan in the new wolverine book!

Almost five years of nothing and now they’re in two books together, not sure if he’s just a special guest but still, brilliant!
    Last edited by Proxy; 05-08-2024 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh I like that last one, who's the artist ?
    Looks like Darryl Banks of GREEN LANTERN fame.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar