Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I am sorry but am I the only one that came away with the understanding that they still haven't quite figured out what to do with Storm yet? I mean I know that there hasn't been any official announcement yet, but the other books seemed to have a bit more meat to their explanations. What I got from the description of Storm's book is that it will be a solo lol.
    So, I am hearing really optimistic and good stuff about Storm getting finally her own solo and going on a cosmic/cosmologic adventure. I strongly believe that this will be her Godhood path, because we do have a solo coming this summer, June? July? For which everyone said that it was just a common usage of Goddess, but no, I do think that it would mark the beginning of her Godhood adventure, having the name Dawn of a Goddess, is a very specific usage of words and has a whole other meaning behind it, than just "a Goddess" like most thing. And the cosmology part of the above most likely being her Godhood trials.

Something else was mentioned in the episode as well, which to be honest really made it click. Brevoort here mentions a very key and very important line. "Like if you look over all the X-Men spin off books over the years, I'd guess that 75 to 80% of them are team concepts of one sort or another. And there are very few solo character books. And I think that's maybe a mistake."

I can't emphasize how much I agree with him, strongly. And that is actually what clicked for me, because he continues later on with the following:

"And so that's going to change a little bit, assuming that I'm right and we can make some of these books actually perform and get people excited about them. So you're going to end up seeing more solo titles featuring popular care, popular X characters, and more solo titles that can embrace aspects and styles and tones about those characters more easily than you can with them just in one one common X-Men book."

Which, once more I agree 100% percent, what truly hits home though, and on the right string it is the following:

"And so you know we're gonna, we're gonna lean into Storm as as a solo character on the same kind of level as a an Iron Man or a Captain America or a Spider Man or a Daredevil or whatever and and see if we can make that go."

And I was like... YES EXACTLY THAT!!! Period.

And, no I am not talking only from Storm's perspective but we have those really well established characters within the Marvel universe aka Storm, Scott, Jean and they are always pushing them into team when each one of those characters need space to breath, so let them breath and construct stories around them as a solo character not as a team character. That will shift the planes on entirely different level. And that is very important and exactly what Marvel needs.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 05-08-2024 at 09:55 PM.