Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just read that thread lol….

I will definitely be getting the Storm & Jean soloes. I am interested in all the titles, but the premises described does sound, save fir Jean’s & X-Force, sound regressive. I am not as excited about them as I’d like to be, but eill be open to see how tjey will differentiate between pre-Krakoa era books vs what being proposed now. Definitely need to hear more on Storm. I mean at least give us the creative team.

Fantastic Member

I am sorry but am I the only one that came away with the understanding that they still haven't quite figured out what to do with Storm yet? I mean I know that there hasn't been any official announcement yet, but the other books seemed to have a bit more meat to their explanations. What I got from the description of Storm's book is that it will be a solo lol.

This episode gave me everything I wanted for Storm plus some. Love that the very idea of Beast and Forge bringing up the mutant neutralizer was shot down from just the sound of the crack of thunder. They knew Storm wasn't going for that, not even against the enemy. That's how fair minded she is.

This episode demonstrated all the compassion and hope her character represents. She's continuously the leading voice of reason and this is just proving to me even more that Storm is the team's ultimate leader. She sees them as a family and that the most important thing is to have faith in each other. Loved her sisterly moments with Jean and her reunion with Jubilee.

Just wish we got more on her mourning Remy.

episode had me Giggling of excitement like a Godaman ghoul,

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    episode had me Giggling of excitement like a Godaman ghoul,

Storm came back strong for sure. But it was obvious her action scenes got the short end of the stick. Barely any animation/frames and screen time. Her interplay with Jean and her sense of comraderie almost made up for it though.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ororo’s return was glorious.

I just expected a speech when she fought those Sentinels though.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    ...and her reunion with Jubilee.
    That was cute. Jubes was like, thank heaven, Storm's back. It must have been a full circle for her, as it was Storm who first came to save her from the Sentinels back in the mall. I love how she just buried her face in Ororo's chest.

But yeah, Ororo has been gone for so much of this season, this episode didn't quite give me what I wanted. I guess they had to save something for the finale; I hope Storm bursts out of the waters like a phoenix!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

The emotional beats were good but I have to admit I was expecting a little more since she's been gone for so long.

I loved Storm in the latest episode. Her and Jubilee's emotional reunion which I believe Storm was the first X-Men Jubilee ran into (literally) was a warm callback. Storm and Jean's reunion and general love for each other is far more apparent here than in the og series and when they were talking on the jet and Storm was encouraging Jean and putting everything into perspective with optimism it's easy to see why she would be an ideal leader who inspires hope. Her reaction to using the permanent power neutralizer is what makes her who she is... and it was funny. I enjoyed Storm's brief power display and understand from a writers perspective why she had to go down... Jean went down, Wolverine went down, Xavier went down, Forge went down, Morphe went down, Beast went down etc. The story comes first and it's understandable that Storm would be concerned about her love and let her guard down to save him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I loved Ororo's appearance in the last episode too. The fact she has held it together after so much loss is a testament to the strength of her character. I've loved the use of the tornadoes too. Touching upon her empathy with the earth as it was deliciously good. I've felt a lot of the threats they've endured this season ororo is equipped to address, ie the method needed to immobilize the sentinel and even undoing the damage done by magneto. I dont expect her to fix everything but it would be such a treat to see her commune with earthto repair the damage done. But all in all, I've really enjoyed her depiction and appreciate the parts of the source material they've incorporated into the cartoon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!