Page 108 of 142 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2125
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I did not like storm in X-men 97 ep 9. First she take way to long to get back isn't at Remys funeral doesnt know what goin on in the wide world. And still trys preaching Family.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    So, I am hearing really optimistic and good stuff about Storm getting finally her own solo and going on a cosmic/cosmologic adventure. I strongly believe that this will be her Godhood path, because we do have a solo coming this summer, June? July? For which everyone said that it was just a common usage of Goddess, but no, I do think that it would mark the beginning of her Godhood adventure, having the name Dawn of a Goddess, is a very specific usage of words and has a whole other meaning behind it, than just "a Goddess" like most thing. And the cosmology part of the above most likely being her Godhood trials.

Something else was mentioned in the episode as well, which to be honest really made it click. Brevoort here mentions a very key and very important line. "Like if you look over all the X-Men spin off books over the years, I'd guess that 75 to 80% of them are team concepts of one sort or another. And there are very few solo character books. And I think that's maybe a mistake."

I can't emphasize how much I agree with him, strongly. And that is actually what clicked for me, because he continues later on with the following:

"And so that's going to change a little bit, assuming that I'm right and we can make some of these books actually perform and get people excited about them. So you're going to end up seeing more solo titles featuring popular care, popular X characters, and more solo titles that can embrace aspects and styles and tones about those characters more easily than you can with them just in one one common X-Men book."

Which, once more I agree 100% percent, what truly hits home though, and on the right string it is the following:

"And so you know we're gonna, we're gonna lean into Storm as as a solo character on the same kind of level as a an Iron Man or a Captain America or a Spider Man or a Daredevil or whatever and and see if we can make that go."

And I was like... YES EXACTLY THAT!!! Period.

And, no I am not talking only from Storm's perspective but we have those really well established characters within the Marvel universe aka Storm, Scott, Jean and they are always pushing them into team when each one of those characters need space to breath, so let them breath and construct stories around them as a solo character not as a team character. That will shift the planes on entirely different level. And that is very important and exactly what Marvel needs.
    Dawn of a Goddess is not tied to her solo though, so I'm not sure we can make that connection and with Phoenix already being the "cosmic" book, I highly doubt they are going to go this route with Storm as well. The talk behind making her solo a true solo is encouraging as I think that will provide space to really explore her as a character and also could possibly help to make her more accessible to the wider MU as a big figure. However, again, there were no details yet that really gave a hint as to where they are going with the book other than it's going to be a solo. So for me it's still hard to be encouraged or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    ROGUE: "You were GONE, Sis."
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I did not like storm in X-men 97 ep 9. First she take way to long to get back isn't at Remys funeral doesnt know what goin on in the wide world. And still trys preaching Family.
    I was quite surprised that they did not have a scene informing Storm of Gambit's death. It seemed like a major plot hole to me and also like a forced positioning for Storm. She could have still had similar reactions but without seeing her grieve for Remy or even react to it at all, it did make her statements on family ring a bit hollow.

Another thing that made it ring hollow was her leaving and not returning until she had her powers back. If she had returned without her powers, then the theme of family would have been a bit more powerful and stronger. Returning after gaining her powers watered down her message in a way because it seems to suggest that it's being a mutant alone that makes them family.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 05-08-2024 at 11:33 PM.

People are too hard on Storm. She had her own problems that nobody else could solve. What happened to her was almost akin to murder, robbing her spirit of her connection to the natural world. She deserved the chance to find herself and make peace, even if she wasn't able to recap on everything that occurred while she's gone.

In many ways, the fact that she hasn't become jaded from recent events due to her absence is even more reason why she's the perfect one to make all the speeches. Even away from the X-Men, she never lost her connection to them and is still their core.

Fantastic Member

I don't say this to criticize Storm. I say this as a critique of the way the situation was written and executed. As I said in my post, she still could have had the same reactions and made the same statements, but the way it was executed, largely due to time constraints, etc, kind of took away from the impact of it all. Much like squishing the entirety of Life Death did to her journey without her powers. But there is only so much a 30 min show can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I don't say this to criticize Storm. I say this as a critique of the way the situation was written and executed. As I said in my post, she still could have had the same reactions and made the same statements, but the way it was executed, largely due to time constraints, etc, kind of took away from the impact of it all. Much like squishing the entirety of Life Death did to her journey without her powers. But there is only so much a 30 min show can do.
    Yes, I agree. Time constraints are a problem here as we saw with Lifedeath. A lot of us were expecting to get a lot more out of that with the powerless Storm period. I wanted to see her beat Cyclops and win leadership over the X-Men. Also more of her romance with Forge and the Adversary as a full-fledged big bad whose existence threatens all of reality.

Dawn of a Goddess is not tied to her solo though, so I'm not sure we can make that connection and with Phoenix already being the "cosmic" book, I highly doubt they are going to go this route with Storm as well. The talk behind making her solo a true solo is encouraging as I think that will provide space to really explore her as a character and also could possibly help to make her more accessible to the wider MU as a big figure. However, again, there were no details yet that really gave a hint as to where they are going with the book other than it's going to be a solo. So for me it's still hard to be encouraged or not.
    Huh, really? So Dawn of the Goddess is not 616? I am confused, I am pretty sure that I've read somewhere that it will be part of 616 and an important development. *rubs chin* Might be wrong though. And I really want to see who is going to write Storm solo though... I am really happy about it but I do need to know who the creative team is behind it! Like yesterday!

I was quite surprised that they did not have a scene informing Storm of Gambit's death. It seemed like a major plot hole to me and also like a forced positioning for Storm. She could have still had similar reactions but without seeing her grieve for Remy or even react to it at all, it did make her statements on family ring a bit hollow.

Another thing that made it ring hollow was her leaving and not returning until she had her powers back. If she had returned without her powers, then the theme of family would have been a bit more powerful and stronger. Returning after gaining her powers watered down her message in a way because it seems to suggest that it's being a mutant alone that makes them family.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    People are too hard on Storm. She had her own problems that nobody else could solve. What happened to her was almost akin to murder, robbing her spirit of her connection to the natural world. She deserved the chance to find herself and make peace, even if she wasn't able to recap on everything that occurred while she's gone.

In many ways, the fact that she hasn't become jaded from recent events due to her absence is even more reason why she's the perfect one to make all the speeches. Even away from the X-Men, she never lost her connection to them and is still their core.
    Yes, I agree. Time constraints are a problem here as we saw with Lifedeath. A lot of us were expecting to get a lot more out of that with the powerless Storm period. I wanted to see her beat Cyclops and win leadership over the X-Men. Also more of her romance with Forge and the Adversary as a full-fledged big bad whose existence threatens all of reality.
    I agree with Sdawg, I couldn't help but ask myself... "Huh, what's going on? Why no one is sharing with Storm what has transpired so far?!", "Are you kidding me, Rogue, Jean?!?! Let her know, even through a telepathy or something! Please give me something more!"

I was really pissed off in the way they reintroduced her back to the team, no tears, no breakdowns over Gambit's loss, only one of her closest friends, no shocks, thunderstorms or rainstorms about Gamby or rage, thunder, heat, cold snap or anything that represents anger for what was done to Jean, to Madeline and her baby?! Are you for real, right now?! I do get that time is tight but for god sake spare a minute or two to catch Storm up!"

And screentime? Are you kidding me, just two snaps of that large tornado and some lightning coming out from it with zero action from Storm? And how she manhandles all those robots with ease? Unbelievable! They could have extended the episode with 10 to 15 minutes, to make it 45 minutes if they had to but DO NOT IGNORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

Deep breaths V... hopefully, we will get some of those Omega emotions in the next episode.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 05-09-2024 at 12:11 AM.

Fantastic Member

We didn't even get a "Where is Gambit?" moment lol.

We didn't even get a "Where is Gambit?" moment lol.
    Presumably Jubilee told her in the time between their reunion and return to the mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Presumably Jubilee told her in the time between their reunion and return to the mansion
    Even if that so, there would have definitely be a f****g rainstorm, rage, heatwave, coldsnap, Gambit means a lot to Storm, she looks on him as a brother and Gambit does threat her like a bigger bro and I kinda liked that about them, was bumped they didn't do anything with that. They had the time to catch up on Storm and Jean's sisterhood, and I am totally there for it, but do not walkover another important connection to Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Storm: Wait, there were 2 Jeans?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Beau not even hiding that the X-Men are basically only Jean and Storn.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...MPAs5NcHA&s=19

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Even if that so, there would have definitely be a f****g rainstorm, rage, heatwave, coldsnap, Gambit means a lot to Storm, she looks on him as a brother and Gambit does threat her like a bigger bro and I kinda liked that about them, was bumped they didn't do anything with that. They had the time to catch up on Storm and Jean's sisterhood, and I am totally there for it, but do not walkover another important connection to Storm.
    Exactly. We can theorize when and where and how Storm was updated and her reaction to it. However, there was no on camera acknowledgement at all and this came across as a glaring hole which made some of the initial beats come across as a little odd at times.

Beau not even hiding that the X-Men are basically only Jean and Storn.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...MPAs5NcHA&s=19
    What is he referring to?

I wonder if we’ll hear some news about Storm’s solo today. I thought it was supposed to debut on the same month as Wolverine and X-factor, so it would make sense to announce the creative team on the same week. But then again, she didn’t get a teaser on X-men Monday like the others…