Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Also find it interesting they're positioning Rogue as the "Xavier" of the new era based on interviews. She seems to be the one still hoping for the X-Men try to build positive relations with human communities.

I think it fits her character, considering she's been so involved with Xavier's philosophy through Uncanny Avengers and X-Men Legacy.

Also like that they explain it as Rogue tried to find other X-Men first to spread-head this POV but no one seemed interested or were otherwise occupied lol. Jean is off doing cosmic Phoenix things, Storm is going to have some solo adventures and Cyclops has been radicalized again.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    They better not kill Kurt. I see them killing Xave for real this time. Have the team strike out on their own.
    I hope not either, Rogue's gone through enough...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Also find it interesting they're positioning Rogue as the "Xavier" of the new era based on interviews. She seems to be the one still hoping for the X-Men try to build positive relations with human communities.

I think it fits her character, considering she's been so involved with Xavier's philosophy through Uncanny Avengers and X-Men Legacy.

Also like that they explain it as Rogue tried to find other X-Men first to spread-head this POV but no one seemed interested or were otherwise occupied lol. Jean is off doing cosmic Phoenix things, Storm is going to have some solo adventures and Cyclops has been radicalized again.
    Since she's joined the X-Men, Rogue's always been an avid follower of Xavier's philosophy, early Uncanny Avengers was a good example. Now going onto X-Men 97, that's why I'm hoping Rogue doesn't play the "Colossus" role in Fatal Attractions. She's never agreed with Magneto's ideology/politics, even when they were together in X-Men: Legacy.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-06-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Since she's joined the X-Men, Rogue's always been an avid follower of Xavier's philosophy, early Uncanny Avengers was a good example. Now going onto X-Men 97, that's why I'm hoping Rogue doesn't play the "Colossus" role in Fatal Attractions. She's never agreed with Magneto's ideology/politics, even when they were together in X-Men: Legacy.
    While normally I might find the angle interesting, because I've liked the "bad girl" backstory for Rogue I feel like they'll just pile on the drama with Rogneto if she does follow him. Maybe not at first, but eventually... just rather that not be where she ends up to avoid that. But yea, as angry as Rogue can be, whole-scale hating the entire human race isn't a direction Rogue fits with.

Her powers shouldn't let her do that anyway, it's too easy to be in someone else's shoes with them.

While normally I might find the angle interesting, because I've liked the "bad girl" backstory for Rogue I feel like they'll just pile on the drama with Rogneto if she does follow him. Maybe not at first, but eventually... just rather that not be where she ends up to avoid that. But yea, as angry as Rogue can be, whole-scale hating the entire human race isn't a direction Rogue fits with.

Her powers shouldn't let her do that anyway, it's too easy to be in someone else's shoes with them.
    If she joins Magneto, it won't be for long. She'll be back with the X-Men at season's end. She's the great "mascot" according to the showrunner. Or maybe she doesn't leave and it's Beast instead...who knows?

I feel the same way about her, Rogue is certainly has empathy, so I don't see her going full on hate humans mode.

She's very specific in where she directs her anger, if she's looking for certain people, as long as you don't try to stop her there won't be a problem.

If she joins Magneto, it won't be for long. She'll be back with the X-Men at season's end. She's the great "mascot" according to the showrunner. Or maybe she doesn't leave and it's Beast instead...who knows?
    if she goes with magneto i think it would be to try and stop him from going completely psycho. She's one of the few who Might be able to reason with him.

Assuming she's not in a totally messed up frame of mind when she wakes from her coma.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I feel the same way about her, Rogue is certainly has empathy, so I don't see her going full on hate humans mode.

She's very specific in where she directs her anger, if she's looking for certain people, as long as you don't try to stop her there won't be a problem.
    Yep agreed! I don't see Rogue as the indiscriminate rampage type, it would need to be focused.

She's a type of person that would lament and guilt about it later. (eventually, she didn't care about Carol about first but the consequences caught up to her)

Seriously! I think she's radicalized enough by losong Remy. No need to compund that with losing Kurt too.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Lenore said that she's not done avenging Remy after ep 7. She has vital info after absorbing Gyrich, once she wakes, I think she'll continue on her mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta
    I do hope it's short. On that note, I wonder what outfit we get if she does "turn".

Could see her going back to her Brotherhood Hood variant since she wore it a lot during the late 90s and during the Magneto Rex storyline.

It'd be bittersweet for me but could also see her donning the pink shi'ar outfit, which is a favorite of mine, since that is another outfit she wore frequently around that era especially around Joseph.

Rogue and Wolverine's VA's were recording for season 2 last year, Rogue's VA in an interview even said she was working with Gambit's VA at the studio (last year) as well.

For me, Nightcrawler's the concern because of his history with Bastion.
    If time travel were still on the table, I would predict more unexpected deaths with Cable ultimately restarting the timeline to stop them. I did hear an interesting fan theory: that someone is somehow manipulating time and is stopping Cable from going back far enough to stop the Genosha massacre. Again, just a fan theory, so there's no proof of it, but it's an interesting thought.

But without time travel as an option, I think Kurt might be in trouble.

if she goes with magneto i think it would be to try and stop him from going completely psycho. She's one of the few who Might be able to reason with him.

Assuming she's not in a totally messed up frame of mind when she wakes from her coma.
    That's definitely a possibility, but then again, she doesn't side with him in the comics. I would even venture to say she's almost too obvious a candidate to join Mags. Someone unexpected would have a more profound effect, so someone like Beast would be more surprising.

As for avenging Remy, I'm not sure what shape that will take. Will it be via joining Mags? Is it just her fighting Bastion? Or is she going to go on another solo mission?

I'm also very interested to see what her new uniform will be. A lot of black costumes, so far.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

BANNED

Agreed. She's the natural choice for leader (moreso than Kitty) and that was something that Claremont positioned as far back as the X-Men Revolution era when he had Rogue lead a team. Wolverine is often described as Xavier's biggest success but I think Rogue easily could be described as his next best success in terms of how she started off, as Mystique's daughter, only to become one of the most ardent believers of the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    If time travel were still on the table, I would predict more unexpected deaths with Cable ultimately restarting the timeline to stop them. I did hear an interesting fan theory: that someone is somehow manipulating time and is stopping Cable from going back far enough to stop the Genosha massacre. Again, just a fan theory, so there's no proof of it, but it's an interesting thought.

But without time travel as an option, I think Kurt might be in trouble.

That's definitely a possibility, but then again, she doesn't side with him in the comics. I would even venture to say she's almost too obvious a candidate to join Mags. Someone unexpected would have a more profound effect, so someone like Beast would be more surprising.

As for avenging Remy, I'm not sure what shape that will take. Will it be via joining Mags? Is it just her fighting Bastion? Or is she going to go on another solo mission?

I'm also very interested to see what her new uniform will be. A lot of black costumes, so far.

I'd love to see her go on another solo run, but whatever happens I believe they will give her another moment to shine, especially since she slept through all of the last episode.

I hope she keeps her current jim lee uniform, I think it looks the best, and I like to see continuity in the books and animated series (hopefully live action too at some point).

if they do change I hope they go with one of the green and black uniforms. She always looked great in these, especially the one with the thong and the one with the 1-piece swimsuit.

I'd love to see her go on another solo run, but whatever happens I believe they will give her another moment to shine, especially since she slept through all of the last episode.

I hope she keeps her current jim lee uniform, I think it looks the best, and I like to see continuity in the books and animated series (hopefully live action too at some point).

if they do change I hope they go with one of the green and black uniforms. She always looked great in these, especially the one with the thong and the one with the 1-piece swimsuit.

Undoubtedly, she always wears green & black quite well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-06-2024 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I saw an on-line still shot of her and Max in XM'97 and I love how she looked in her original green and white costume. I would love if they did another slight update on that keeping it streamlined with a darker green like her first Gala outfit. Perhaps dark green and yellow/gold instead of white.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!