Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Still no Maddy in solicits but the Alex being in a government affiliated X-Factor team gives me hope she will have a strong presence in this title. Another poster pointed out how the team shares a lot of O5 (original X-Factor vibes) Pyro=Bobby, Alex=Scott, Feral = Hank, Warren = Warren, so they would need a Jean analog so who better than Maddy? Maybe Warren using his incredible wealth to go nostalgia to recreate a version of the O5.

Happy Mothers Day to Madelyne...she wasn't perfect but...
    (artwork by Giuseppe De Iure )

No sign of Maddie in the FROM THE ASHES announcements be it in space with PHOENIX or with Alex in X-FACTOR. It would be an odd missed opportunity for cross media synergy for Madelyne to be absent in light of her popularity in X-MEN'97...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-12-2024 at 03:32 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I mean she's dead in X-men97 so if she's MIA in FOTA, they are sticking with synergy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Happy Mothers Day to Madelyne...she wasn't perfect but...
    (artwork by Giuseppe De Iure )

No sign of Maddie in the FROM THE ASHES announcements be it in space with PHOENIX or with Alex in X-FACTOR. It would be an odd missed opportunity for cross media synergy for Madelyne to be absent in light of her popularity in X-MEN'97...
    Beautiful painting on top. Really captures the feel and pain of Madelyne and her baby. Don't care at all for the bottom half.
    --jthree

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Still no Maddy in solicits but the Alex being in a government affiliated X-Factor team gives me hope she will have a strong presence in this title. Another poster pointed out how the team shares a lot of O5 (original X-Factor vibes) Pyro=Bobby, Alex=Scott, Feral = Hank, Warren = Warren, so they would need a Jean analog so who better than Maddy? Maybe Warren using his incredible wealth to go nostalgia to recreate a version of the O5.
    Yeah, that was me.
    It makes sense. Looking at the roster of those 5, there’s no romantic drama I can see.
    Maddie would make sense as a late comer to the team. Especially as a third voice to Warren and Alex.

I really like Maddie, and I enjoy reading Havok/Maddie stories, but I'm not entirely sure ho Maddie fits the X-Factor comic. X-Factor is meant to be a comic about the mutants who could be marketed as celebrities.
    Maddie is a demon queen who attacked New York with demons twice now. I can't see the public liking her.
    But, the again, it should be hard for the government to use Alex as a celebrity hero, considering all of the times that he has turned villain. Especially the times that he joined Maddie.
    So who knows, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Thievery I think this is a play on the original O5 X-Factor where the team was the pr public facing team to deal with the mutant menace but secretly the mutant menaces were secretly ferried away to a safe place. Limbo is the perfect mutant haven. Eventually I figure the lineup will change and Maddy will eventually join the team sort of how it looked like Well's Hellions was heading. I am not sure if people remember Inferno and even if they do remember the people eating mailboxes Maddy's part in all of it would have been only seen by the two mutant teams on the building roof. Even Havok's villain turns weren't public knowledge. It's not like either Alex or Maddy broadcast their crimes on network tv for all the world to see. People don't know about 1/100th of Wolvie's kills or the Dark Angel Saga. To be honest did Frenzy have issues joining SWORD considering her times with Alliance of Evil or the Acolytes? At worst Maddy has that like diplomatic immunity since she is a foreign head of state and the government can spin her past misdeeds anyway they want, ala Suicide Squad, and Freedom Force.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-13-2024 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Thievery I think this is a play on the original O5 X-Factor where the team was the pr public facing team to deal with the mutant menace but secretly the mutant menaces were secretly ferried away to a safe place. Limbo is the perfect mutant haven. Eventually I figure the lineup will change and Maddy will eventually join the team sort of how it looked like Well's Hellions was heading. I am not sure if people remember Inferno and even if they do remember the people eating mailboxes Maddy's part in all of it would have been only seen by the two mutant teams on the building roof. Even Havok's villain turns weren't public knowledge. It's not like either Alex or Maddy broadcast their crimes on network tv for all the world to see. People don't know about 1/100th of Wolvie's kills or the Dark Angel Saga. To be honest did Frenzy have issues joining SWORD considering her times with Alliance of Evil or the Acolytes? At worst Maddy has that like diplomatic immunity since she is a foreign head of state and the government can spin her past misdeeds anyway they want, ala Suicide Squad, and Freedom Force.
    Maybe, but the X-Men books already reused the old O5 pretending to hunt mutants when they were really trying to help them idea in last year's Alpha Flight comic. Alpha Flight was pretending to help the government to hunt mutants when they were secretly helping them.
    I can't picture the X-office going back to use that same story this quickly. But, you never know, I guess.

As for the public not being entirely aware of the Inferno story, I think that it would be easy for any villain to expose Havok's role in that story. Any member of the Marauders could go to the press with that knowledge.

I could be wrong, but I think that the focus of the comic really will be more on the celebrity angle, and the question as to whether or not the X-Factor cast are sell outs really is the main hook.
    But, hell, you could very well be right and I could be wrong.

Astonishing Member

I am not sure how much of what goes on in the Marvel universe is known to the general public, sure they see Galactus or Magneto broadcasts his demands from Asteroid M or Hulk rampages but in general Hellfire club machinations, or Arcade kidnappings or just battles at remote locations never are known by the general public. That's why that first Marvels was so impressive, pivotal stories told from the perspective of the everyday guy. Yes Jonah rags on Spidey in the Bugel but how much does the average guy know about Venom? The point being readers know all the dirt but I am not sure how much dirt is common knowledge and sure Spiral can leak a story that Havok did this or Archangel did that but a government supported group especially with Val Cooper in charge would have her own version of Morris Fletcher (X-Files) to discredit any damaging revelations, Fake news. I am not sure the world knows much about Maddy at all except for her goodbye confession before jumping into the Seige Perilous, that was her 15 minutes of fame. The Goblin Queen was never, look at me New York before I destory you, hahaha in Inferno.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I really like Maddie, and I enjoy reading Havok/Maddie stories, but I'm not entirely sure ho Maddie fits the X-Factor comic. X-Factor is meant to be a comic about the mutants who could be marketed as celebrities.
    Maddie is a demon queen who attacked New York with demons twice now. I can't see the public liking her.
    But, the again, it should be hard for the government to use Alex as a celebrity hero, considering all of the times that he has turned villain. Especially the times that he joined Maddie.
    So who knows, I guess.
    We'll find out soon enough, but if *feral* of all people has a place on the PR Xmen so to speak, surely to god they could -- in theory -- include Maddy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    So who knows, I guess.
    Lol.
    But Pyro, Frenzy and Feral are???????

Maddie has no business being on X-Factor. Less than a year ago in comic continuity, she raised a very public demonic invasion of NYC. Consider she currently is Queen of Limbo, I cant see her accepting taking on a position working for the US government. It feels beneath her

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol.
    But Pyro, Frenzy and Feral are???????
    No, none of the X-Factor members should be easy for the government to use and market as heroes.

Archangel might be the next hardest character to fit onto a celebrity team.
    His company was involved with the poisoned Krakoa medicines that made people sick. Orchis may have been the ones that poisoned them, but Warren's company was originally involved in their production. Plus he once joined Apocalypse. I doubt if the regular human MU citizen would be happy to see him around.

Feral, Pyro, and Frenzy being former terrorists speaks for itself. Feral may not matter one way or the other seeing as she is missing from the variant covers and may not be long for the team.
    Frenzy might actually be the easiest to sell to the public. At least she is coming off of a stint as an ambassador for S.W.O.R.D.. That's a bit different than being an ambassador for Limbo.

I just think that Maddie being publicly viewed as an evil demon queen makes her harder to market to the public than even the other characters. Leading a demonic invasion of New York likely isn't going to make you popular with people, even if Maddie was allowed of the hook at the end of the story.

But, she could just as easily pop up on issue 2's cover now that I have posted this.

Astonishing Member

Thievery Maddy does move those alt covers dude, I wouldn't be surprised. Question, is the archangel version your favorite version of Warren? I have liked some of his previous costumes but I felt the razor wings made him a serious character. Tons of mutants can fly, probably not was well as Warren but if that is all you are bringing to the table you aren't bringing much. I liked Mutant X but I realized the Fallen version of Warren with the vampire bat wings wasn't for me as cool as the Death of the Horsemen wings. A team of Alex, Maddy and Warren would give really cool Mutant X vibes and hopefully pave the way for a "Scotty" Summers appearance down the line. While I want Maddy to have a strong relationship with Cable and with Stryfe, it would be interesting to see her reaction to the opportunity to help raise a child, not her own but an alternate universe child of Alex and Maddy. I always thought it would be cool for Sinister to be a main foe of X-Factor because while he longed for a child of Scott and "Jean" he lives in fear of a child of Alex and "Jean" maybe two wild strands being uncontrollable/unpredictable. He made her to hook up with Scott but will try all he can to keep her away from Alex because their kids might ruin his plans for mutantdom down the line. It might make "Scotty" a target too. Though not as important as time with Cable, Stryfe, Alex or Scotty I wouldn't mind her crossing paths with Nate Grey. I need to know if X-Man was the real Maddy or not.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-16-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well it looks like Cecilia Reyes was the last
    Member of the team, not Maddie.