Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I like Hawkeye & Black Widow series wish it wasn't a mini series
    Agreed. I had never read anything by Stephanie Phillips before and am surprised how much I like it. And people are complaining about the Black Widow symbiote, but... I don't mind at all! And it makes total sense, given the name "Black Widow".

Quote Originally Posted by thomdev View Post
    Agreed. I had never read anything by Stephanie Phillips before and am surprised how much I like it. And people are complaining about the Black Widow symbiote, but... I don't mind at all! And it makes total sense, given the name "Black Widow".
    The Symbiote still really takes me out of it.

It still feels like a random fit that won't last nor be talked about a lot once it's done but I think Philips integrates it well into the story so far.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It still feels like a random fit that won't last nor be talked about a lot once it's done but I think Philips integrates it well into the story so far.
    True. And they're getting a solo series with her using it lined up so I guess they're getting what they can out of it .

So if anyone was thinking of picking up Blood Hunters #1 because of Clint ...uhm, don't.
    It's the Hawkguy-iest story we've gotten in a while and I don't even think people who are reall into that portrayal of him beyond Fraction will get a lot out of it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

So if anyone was thinking of picking up Blood Hunters #1 because of Clint ...uhm, don't.
    It's the Hawkguy-iest story we've gotten in a while and I don't even think people who are reall into that portrayal of him beyond Fraction will get a lot out of it.
    The mustache was already a turn-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Such a bizarre decision.

My Twitter

LOL! Glad I skipped it, then...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fans of the character who want a return to the Pre-Matt Fritchman Hawkeye should stay away? Say no more.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Thanks for saving me time/money here. I was on the fence about picking this up.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed it a lot more than you did. Sure, the story had a more comedic tone to it (as much as one can in a story involving an invasion of vampires) but it was also Hawkeye being effective, saving lives--and using his natural leadership skills to rally the civilians around him to help fight back and defend themselves and others from the vampires. There were jokes, but Clint himself was not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot more than you did. Sure, the story had a more comedic tone to it (as much as one can in a story involving an invasion of vampires) but it was also Hawkeye being effective, saving lives--and using his natural leadership skills to rally the civilians around him to help fight back and defend themselves and others from the vampires. There were jokes, but Clint himself was not a joke.
    I mean I'm all for trying to find the good in stuff if possible and the ruh-rah new York leadership skills angle is the only feasible way to do that but he also blew his cover immediately, looke ridiculous throughout and not in the fun way, missed a shot and had to be saved multiple times in a story that doesn't at all fit the tone of the current event.
    At least Kate got to do cool shit over in the avengers comic right now, I was about to have her face printed on milk cartons.

My Twitter

I mean I'm all for trying to find the good in stuff if possible and the ruh-rah new York leadership skills angle is the only feasible way to do that but he also blew his cover immediately, looke ridiculous throughout and not in the fun way, missed a shot and had to be saved multiple times in a story that doesn't at all fit the tone of the current event.
    At least Kate got to do cool shit over in the avengers comic right now, I was about to have her face printed on milk cartons.
    Though she was written so generically you could have just replaced her with Clint and there would have been virtually no difference in the story.

Though she was written so generically you could have just replaced her with Clint and there would have been virtually no difference in the story.
    To be fair the only thing she got to "say" was arrow talk and there was a whole team to go through. Give it an issue or two now that the backup roster is established before we judge the writing on her too harshly

My Twitter

To be fair the only thing she got to "say" was arrow talk and there was a whole team to go through. Give it an issue or two now that the backup roster is established before we judge the writing on her too harshly
    I guess I'm just used to more natural sass and irreverence from her, which mostly went to Hazmat.