Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    That's true, but The Eternals has ended up being another failure. Animated series have been shown to work very well in many ways that a live action series cannot, currently I am incredibly impressed by this new version of X-men '97 and how well done it is for the duration of each episode.
    Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.
    There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-09-2024 at 04:38 AM.

BANNED

There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.

There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.
    I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.

BANNED

I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.
    I definitely enjoy your full descriptions and characterizations. I'm amazed you are able to write so much especially since I remember you used to say that you would type this all up on your phone during your commute to work daily. As I've said before, I would never have suspected English isn't your first language. It's really not evident at all since you seem like such a natural.

Yes, the showrunner for X-Men '97 was fired right before the premiere but he's already written out S2. There's already a lot of people on social media saying he should be brought back so here's hoping Marvel reinstates him at some point. And I would like to see more animated shows given this same treatment as well, although I hope the MCU is kept out of it.

Yes, agreed. Quality > quantity always. Disney is starting to learn this lesson but I fear not enough.

I definitely enjoy your full descriptions and characterizations. I'm amazed you are able to write so much especially since I remember you used to say that you would type this all up on your phone during your commute to work daily. As I've said before, I would never have suspected English isn't your first language. It's really not evident at all since you seem like such a natural.

Yes, the showrunner for X-Men '97 was fired right before the premiere but he's already written out S2. There's already a lot of people on social media saying he should be brought back so here's hoping Marvel reinstates him at some point. And I would like to see more animated shows given this same treatment as well, although I hope the MCU is kept out of it.

Yes, agreed. Quality > quantity always. Disney is starting to learn this lesson but I fear not enough.
    I appreciate it very much , I write so much because I can think of many ideas and by seeing and reviewing some things I try to fill in the gaps by explaining more of what happens, even in things with other characters that I mention but I don't say what happens with them. Sometimes I do it with my cell phone and other times, I wait to get home at the end of the work day and get on my laptop because on public transport, spending a lot of time in tunnels, the coverage does not work and automatic writing is horrendous because it gives more errors in writing than anything else and then it is not easy to edit. English is not my first language, it is Spanish, but I like to continue with this because it helps me learn and I really feel better by doing it.

I didn't know that, I watch little news lately because I'm too busy, but I'm glad that at least part of the second season is still written by him. Namely, with Marvel you never know, sometimes when they make a decision, then it sticks and there is hardly any turning back. I also wish it with this animation, Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four... it would be incredible to see them like this.

Let's hope it's true because things haven't been going too well lately.

BANNED

I appreciate it very much , I write so much because I can think of many ideas and by seeing and reviewing some things I try to fill in the gaps by explaining more of what happens, even in things with other characters that I mention but I don't say what happens with them. Sometimes I do it with my cell phone and other times, I wait to get home at the end of the work day and get on my laptop because on public transport, spending a lot of time in tunnels, the coverage does not work and automatic writing is horrendous because it gives more errors in writing than anything else and then it is not easy to edit. English is not my first language, it is Spanish, but I like to continue with this because it helps me learn and I really feel better by doing it.

I didn't know that, I watch little news lately because I'm too busy, but I'm glad that at least part of the second season is still written by him. Namely, with Marvel you never know, sometimes when they make a decision, then it sticks and there is hardly any turning back. I also wish it with this animation, Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four... it would be incredible to see them like this.

Let's hope it's true because things haven't been going too well lately.
    Most writers don't make the efforts of filling in the gaps like you do. They either don't see the gaps, or even if they see them, they decide they don't care and don't have time to waste. They let readers find ways of solving the story for them so I appreciate that you think everything out and have it all set to avoid plotholes and inconsistencies. I figured it's easier to write on your laptop than on your phone especially if coverage is spotty in tunnels. I remember when I would commute on buses, there would be lots of areas where it was very difficult to get any network connection. I've also found it's harder to edit on the phone compared to a laptop.

With GOTG, James Gunn was fired for his old tweets but Disney quietly rehired him sometime later so some people are hoping that is the situation with the X-Men '97 showrunner. We'll have to see because I've seen the showrunner on Twitter is on his best behavior, like he's on probation and hoping good behavior will make Marvel change their minds. Spider-Man and Avengers have had some pretty awful cartoons over the last few years. And FF of course hasn't had any exposure at all.

Disney claims a lot but I've noticed even when they supposedly change, things don't seem different at all, so I'm not holding my breath.