Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I've been asking myself that for many years. I don't understand why the adaptation shouldn't be as faithful as possible to the whole when it should be able to. I understand that the issue of superheroes goes directly to what is a blockbuster, and they cost an immense sum of money that is needed so that what are superpowers, localitations, that are difficult to see can be possible, something that is easier to see in an animated series than in a live-action series, I think that with One Piece on Netflix they have even tried to do With the author of the manga himself being part of it, there are failures and successes and difficult things to see regarding what we know but the final result is what matters in the end. I think The Boys is really good and they did a great work on 3 seasons, four soon.
    I can see why something like Asgard would be very costly but we see the GOTG movies which also go to different planets and they're able to make it work. Also Eternals. I do think that something like Asgard would benefit more from an animated series and the ability to have serialized storytelling that would not have to worry about CGI budgets or actor budgets but also could showcase a vast variety of characters rather than just the handful that the movies center on.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I can see why something like Asgard would be very costly but we see the GOTG movies which also go to different planets and they're able to make it work. Also Eternals. I do think that something like Asgard would benefit more from an animated series and the ability to have serialized storytelling that would not have to worry about CGI budgets or actor budgets but also could showcase a vast variety of characters rather than just the handful that the movies center on.
    That's true, but The Eternals has ended up being another failure. Animated series have been shown to work very well in many ways that a live action series cannot, currently I am incredibly impressed by this new version of X-men '97 and how well done it is for the duration of each episode.

Astonishing Member

That's true, but The Eternals has ended up being another failure. Animated series have been shown to work very well in many ways that a live action series cannot, currently I am incredibly impressed by this new version of X-men '97 and how well done it is for the duration of each episode.
    What Marvel should had done was hire Bruce Timm to direct and animate The Eternals as Marvel's version of DC's The New Gods....

BANNED

Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.

Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.
    There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-09-2024 at 04:38 AM.

BANNED

There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.

There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.
    I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.

BANNED

I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.
    I definitely enjoy your full descriptions and characterizations. I'm amazed you are able to write so much especially since I remember you used to say that you would type this all up on your phone during your commute to work daily. As I've said before, I would never have suspected English isn't your first language. It's really not evident at all since you seem like such a natural.

Yes, the showrunner for X-Men '97 was fired right before the premiere but he's already written out S2. There's already a lot of people on social media saying he should be brought back so here's hoping Marvel reinstates him at some point. And I would like to see more animated shows given this same treatment as well, although I hope the MCU is kept out of it.

Yes, agreed. Quality > quantity always. Disney is starting to learn this lesson but I fear not enough.