Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It makes sense that Morgause avoids using Sylvie's body even if her amnesia benefits her for the most part. And like you said, Morgause would want Sylvie to remember her eventually. That's very shocking that even in ghost form, Morgause feels the bullet scar and must feel its heat for all her lost time.

It explains a lot if Amora first sees Sylvie and sees her mother in her and that becomes more apparent as more evidence piles up over time. Amora is not one who would go around helping just anyone so it would need to be someone she feels is truly special and worth it. Yes, I agree that for Lorelei it is not good to relive so much trauma, especially when a whole world depends on her. She must be clear-headed and not distracted. Yes, I really enjoy the Morgana/Lorelei relationship and to me it feels like one that you could craft a whole saga around which you basically have. As I said before, how so much of Lorelei's period of harmony can be attributed to Morgana.

Ah, I see, I didn't realize that Sylvie's mother herself was a chef. I can see it being a great help in Asgard for all those who can be comforted by food. I also figured that Volstagg's wife may not be a great fan of how much he values Sylvie's cooking. I like the idea that Alvi ends up more or less inheriting the cat. It feels like the most natural choice at the end. I also like that Sylvie didn't just inherit from her mother but also her father's carpentry skills. Although I wonder what Amora would feel to know her grandfather was a mortal carpenter who worked with his hands.

Yes, it definitely comes across to those from far away that Morgause is at fault and both issues were the result of her actions when the truth is more complicated and ultimately clears Morgause of blame even if it's too late. I can see how Morgause's life on Camelot was not improved by what she encounters in her rebirth and then being flung back in time as a revenge-obsessed, scarred ghost.
    Yes, which shows that she learns from mistakes, defeats and the scar make her stronger until she manages to overcome the limitations that lead her to victory, destroying Sylvie's life means destroying the lives of Amora, Lorelei and their entire family even though she is part of their birth, even with collateral victims of innocent people who are simply in her way which shows that Morgause is someone who is vengeful, spiteful and who does not value any type of life except her own and that of her little sister Morgana although with her powers she is too big and chaotic of a threat for anyone for being unpredictable and not knowing her movements and even what drives her, with Sylvie and her sacrifice for her granddaughters from the past to the present, the truth of everything is discovered but it does not prevent the actions of what happens next except softening the future blow.

Yes, and the relationship is strange for Amora because she feels uncomfortable if Sylvie is her mother acting as a mentor to her or the difference between their ages which means that inspiration passes from one side to the other and becomes a bond that transcends time itself.
    Amora goes through what happens and feels great regret for discovering about Sylvie's variant, using her power to know what she saw, realizing later that it is not the Sylvie that she believed and that she does not understand until Sigurd explains. What happened was that Thor later comforted her and understood her. Later, a conversation between Amora and Lorelei happened in which many things were said and an understanding was finally reached, but there was no doubt that Lorelei was not well and could do something to regret it later.
    Morgana and Lorelei's relationship has ups and downs but they are always together and little by little Morgana recovers what she lost but continues by her side fighting together as one against Morgause until Amora ends up joining the battle later.

Yes, which means that the death of Sylvie Lushton's parents in Broxton ends up being a big event because they are known and loved in the town, Sylvie's arrival and the shock of hearing the news are hard for her and she has some support but they are not enough because for her, people are hypocritical and stupid, being the only one she trusts, a young blue-haired female midget who will be her great nemesis later on (Morgause). Sylvie is a good cook but she knows that she lacks something to be at the level of her mother even though people think that what she does is incredible even for the gods. Sylvie's abilities are interesting and make you wonder why Loki chose a girl like her to be the Enchantress. Sylvie's stay in Asgard on her second visit after Broxton ends up being complex, fun, interesting and full of hope as she feels part of something leading her variant from the shadows to believe that she couldn't be more idiotic to return when she shouldn't be there and that she expected something different, now she can no longer avoid what is to come as it is inevitable. Sylvie's cat ends up in several hands until she reaches Alvi because of the strange attitude and behavior she has with people, feeling more comfortable with Alvi. Amora has the theory of Sylvie being her mother but she does not think about the girl's parents who could be considered her mortal grandparents although she looks at many photos of them when she investigates with her what could have happened.

Morgause is innocent but she can stop being innocent very quickly with her decisions, she is guilty of her own downfall and deep down she knows that she has earned it, her life in Camelot was hard to the point that she was denied being part of the crown by age and who turned her gaze and hope towards her younger sister, mentoring her, even giving her life for her when it was necessary for her to become the woman she later became, her rebirth centuries later was complicated by the mistake of a nurse swaping babies some time ago living in the end with the wrong family and then meeting Sylvie several times as if fate put her on that path, living in very close houses in the town and having a relationship with her family, which was her real one.

I can see why something like Asgard would be very costly but we see the GOTG movies which also go to different planets and they're able to make it work. Also Eternals. I do think that something like Asgard would benefit more from an animated series and the ability to have serialized storytelling that would not have to worry about CGI budgets or actor budgets but also could showcase a vast variety of characters rather than just the handful that the movies center on.
    That's true, but The Eternals has ended up being another failure. Animated series have been shown to work very well in many ways that a live action series cannot, currently I am incredibly impressed by this new version of X-men '97 and how well done it is for the duration of each episode.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    That's true, but The Eternals has ended up being another failure. Animated series have been shown to work very well in many ways that a live action series cannot, currently I am incredibly impressed by this new version of X-men '97 and how well done it is for the duration of each episode.
    What Marvel should had done was hire Bruce Timm to direct and animate The Eternals as Marvel's version of DC's The New Gods....

6) Yes, it is still something curious, just as in an intelligent way you do not see Peter Parker and Ben Reilly as the same, you can see that their faces are not the same even though the latter is a clone, I suppose that is why characters like Ben or Madelyne are so different from each other characters who look so similar. You can't make Lorelei exactly the same as other red-haired female characters because her hair color, even if it looks red or orange, is not even remotely the same or Morgana who looks like Betsy Braddock when drawn with purple hair though normally Morgana is more like magenta.

7) That's true, at Marvel it's about making the effort but it's harder to see those things except on rare occasions. Really resuming Amora's relationship with the Valkyries would be a good thing because she has not been involved in any case for a long time, not even with Jane Foster currently or with that new Valkyrie that appeared whose name I don't remember.

Yes, and it is easier to understand why Amora cannot be the mother that Alvi would like her to be because although she would like it to be different, it is not easy to be who she is and because she has many enemies who could take advantage of any moment of vulnerability and being the Enchantress does more to make him feel protected than being by his side like any mother, although she would never hesitate to help him when he needed it and because she understands his pain but needs him to understand hers, knowing about his grandfather is something good because it gives hope and because for her he was her inspiration to look for the best man to be her partner, a good man capable of protecting her and giving her what she needs.
    Amora in the end will end up facing Morgause to avenge her father although in Broxton she did not do it at first, leaving everything in the hands of Sylvie and Morgana and things ending really badly.

Yes, it is as if it had happened minutes more than days, weeks or months, the Sylvie variant finds a door inside the time vortex after separating from the other Sylvie that when crossing it takes her many weeks ago inside Asgard, Lorelei was not queen, Thor was still on the throne helped by Sif, Amora was with Skurge, Loki was doing what he knew best by getting into trouble. Meanwhile, the original Sylvie Lushton was still lost in Asgard with a terrible sense of direction until she met for the first time an emerald warrior who had been running through the kingdoms for a few weeks and that even Sylvie had heard about and even wondered who she could be and that when she is in front of her, this mysterious woman, when she takes off her mask, reveals herself to be a variant of her, not as someone who came from the future and basically warned her that she has already been around Asgard too many times and that it is time to return home, which leads to her memory erasure and everything else (it already happens previously, the amnesia becomes worse as she is dragged into the past later) and a warning, from there this is something that would later be revealed to a lost Sigurd while investigating the disappearance of the Original Sylvie and the fact that Sylvie is a variant, she has no past or anything that ties her to life but she shares things with the original, not even her smell is similar which confuses the cat.

Loki is important especially for Thor who has to find a way to save him even without having any memory of the Frost giants or all his battles against them throughout his life, Lorelei has involuntarily made sure of that with her actions in Jotunheim.
    Morgause creates a great fortress upon her arrival to the present, replacing much of what was the kingdom of the frost giants, waiting for her guests to show up.

10) Unfortunately, you are right, it is also something that I am noticing and it is general that everything has been happening since Endgame. And it is not surprising because they have really done things very badly, they promise you things and the rumors that are said do not come true later (especially because the Enchantress thing is something that fans have wanted since the first movie but Marvel turns deaf ears every time.
    6) Ben is also blonde which helps differentiate him from Peter. The good thing about Marvel redheads is that their hair colors tend to very. Jean has bright red hair, MJ and Natasha have dark red hair, and Lorelei has orange hair.

7) I didn't even realize they brought in another new Valkyrie. They seem to run through them like crazy.

Do Alvi and Amora ever talk about his sibling? That seems like an obvious topic.
    Yes, Amora not getting involved enough is what caused everything to go wrong in the first place ironically enough.

How neat that Sylvie meets herself in an almost time loop. Wonder if she had any idea about her true identity before she unmasks herself or if she truly didn't detect anything familiar. It seems like Sylvie will get amnesia about as many time as the Osborns do in the Spider-Man comics. Interesting that variant Sylvie is so different that even her scent is different.

Yes, I can definitely see why Thor would be most affected by the lack of frost giants and Loki. I like that Morgause takes advantage of the absence of the frost giants to replace their kingdom with her own.

10) I've stopped expecting to see Amora come in the MCU especially after Ragnarök. When she didn't appear there, I basically realized she's not ever coming. Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers would also be a good place for her at this point.

Yes, and it shows that a sister relationship still has hope that some of the bad blood between them will be resolved, even with secrets, when the two of them were together it was different, having Alvi and Lorelei's daughters, there are more members in the family which something has to change in the dynamic and also shows that Lorelei loves her sister more than anyone because of the blood they share but that does not prevent her from hiding her secrets if she knows that there is no benefit in knowing each other, preferring to explain it to another person, even if it is someone not very trustworthy like Morgana, even if she is her enemy, but it is more about Morgana than about Lorelei because she does not feel the hatred that Morgana can feel for what she did to her.

Yes, and it is logical to be confused because no one knows if she could be an adult woman, a young teenager or even a boy because of the way she dresses or even the braids make people think of a woman like Brunnhilde the original Valkyrie. Morgana participates even knowing that things will surely not turn out well but soon she has more confidence in herself and with the words of Lorelei and her daughters in her mind and she is motivated if the purpose of the tournament is to fight the queen as a grand prize, fighting as never before and showing an incredible skill with the sword of which her brother Arthur would be proud, in the end Morgana fights against the emerald warrior and manages to defeat her when she had everything lost but without knowing who she is at any time but with her own theories seeing traits that remind her of another person, Sif faces many Valkyries whom she manages to defeat, earning the greatest acclaim and respect for them and in the end when the emerald warrior disappears without being seen after her defeat (Sylvie's variant ends up crossing the path of the ice giants leading to an unintentional provocation that leads to what happens next), in the tournament, Sif and Morgana fight mainly to see who becomes the queen's greatest support, Morgana has been getting stronger to the point that each time she feels better about herself and understands why warriors and heroes are the way they are, even women, and how the adrenaline takes over them, achieving an incredible strength and will to advance until now unknown, Morgana and Lorelei's fight does not begin because Lorelei has achieved what that she wanted and so does Morgana but they make a promise about it.
    Morgause may know about her through the time vortex, witnessing Sylvie's splitting into two people, but all that knowledge is lost when she inadvertently absorbs many of the unknown forces that populate there as if they were attracted directly to her.

Yes, besides the fact that Morgana loses her magic could have benefited her by getting rid of the evil that dominated her heart, leading her to be somewhat more benevolent than she should be, meaning that what her older sister did to her in Broxton, It was doing her a favor.

Yes and it's funny how it all starts, a benevolent Morgana, being cunning, smart, strategist and intimidating even without magic, manages in an emotional way to make a woman like Lorelei who could have gotten lost in her thoughts end up being motivated to be someone better by someone she could consider an enemy for whom she ends up feeling more affinity than with anyone for various reasons. Morgana does many things that she does because of promises that Amora swears she will fulfill, the only requirement that Morgana decides not to fulfill is to get closer to Lorelei, although Amora would never imagine that her little sister would become queen at some point and Morgana that she could find someone to call friend.
    That seems perfectly said as a way of summing up the sisterly relationships and how they're similar but also different.

And this variant is so different that you said even her scent is not the same as Sylvie's. So Amora could meet Sylvie and get vibes from her mother but meeting this variant, I imagine she would not detect anything remotely familiar. It's funny how much of Morgana's arc is about revenge and she actually does best a version of Sylvie in the tournament even if she does not know who it really is. Morgana getting an adrenaline rush from all the fighting reminds me of Betsy Braddock's characterization and how she was also an action junkie who craved the idea of being a warrior. And it makes sense that Morgana would forget all she has learned and witnessed.

Yes, it's nice that what Morgause does to Morgana was actually meant as something good for her.

What I also like is that Amora does not have the typical reaction to get jealous of Lorelei and Morgana. She's given her word of caution and how Lorelei generally causes the people around her to not end up well but she doesn't do anything else or attack Morgana.

Yes, which shows that she learns from mistakes, defeats and the scar make her stronger until she manages to overcome the limitations that lead her to victory, destroying Sylvie's life means destroying the lives of Amora, Lorelei and their entire family even though she is part of their birth, even with collateral victims of innocent people who are simply in her way which shows that Morgause is someone who is vengeful, spiteful and who does not value any type of life except her own and that of her little sister Morgana although with her powers she is too big and chaotic of a threat for anyone for being unpredictable and not knowing her movements and even what drives her, with Sylvie and her sacrifice for her granddaughters from the past to the present, the truth of everything is discovered but it does not prevent the actions of what happens next except softening the future blow.

Yes, and the relationship is strange for Amora because she feels uncomfortable if Sylvie is her mother acting as a mentor to her or the difference between their ages which means that inspiration passes from one side to the other and becomes a bond that transcends time itself.
    Amora goes through what happens and feels great regret for discovering about Sylvie's variant, using her power to know what she saw, realizing later that it is not the Sylvie that she believed and that she does not understand until Sigurd explains. What happened was that Thor later comforted her and understood her. Later, a conversation between Amora and Lorelei happened in which many things were said and an understanding was finally reached, but there was no doubt that Lorelei was not well and could do something to regret it later.
    Morgana and Lorelei's relationship has ups and downs but they are always together and little by little Morgana recovers what she lost but continues by her side fighting together as one against Morgause until Amora ends up joining the battle later.

Yes, which means that the death of Sylvie Lushton's parents in Broxton ends up being a big event because they are known and loved in the town, Sylvie's arrival and the shock of hearing the news are hard for her and she has some support but they are not enough because for her, people are hypocritical and stupid, being the only one she trusts, a young blue-haired female midget who will be her great nemesis later on (Morgause). Sylvie is a good cook but she knows that she lacks something to be at the level of her mother even though people think that what she does is incredible even for the gods. Sylvie's abilities are interesting and make you wonder why Loki chose a girl like her to be the Enchantress. Sylvie's stay in Asgard on her second visit after Broxton ends up being complex, fun, interesting and full of hope as she feels part of something leading her variant from the shadows to believe that she couldn't be more idiotic to return when she shouldn't be there and that she expected something different, now she can no longer avoid what is to come as it is inevitable. Sylvie's cat ends up in several hands until she reaches Alvi because of the strange attitude and behavior she has with people, feeling more comfortable with Alvi. Amora has the theory of Sylvie being her mother but she does not think about the girl's parents who could be considered her mortal grandparents although she looks at many photos of them when she investigates with her what could have happened.

Morgause is innocent but she can stop being innocent very quickly with her decisions, she is guilty of her own downfall and deep down she knows that she has earned it, her life in Camelot was hard to the point that she was denied being part of the crown by age and who turned her gaze and hope towards her younger sister, mentoring her, even giving her life for her when it was necessary for her to become the woman she later became, her rebirth centuries later was complicated by the mistake of a nurse swaping babies some time ago living in the end with the wrong family and then meeting Sylvie several times as if fate put her on that path, living in very close houses in the town and having a relationship with her family, which was her real one.
    I agree, Morgause would not value anyone who stands in her way or innocent life in general. She only cares about reaching her endgoal from being so warped from her time in Camelot and then again stuck in the timestream as a ghost. Not knowing her actions are only uniting the other women and giving them more solidarity inadvertently even if they themselves don't realize it.

I can imagine it would be strange for Amora to encounter her mother and not understand what or who she exactly is and then encounter yet another version of her even more unrecognizable. I like that Thor is the one to comfort her and reach out to her because Amora seems to have even less of a support system than Lorelei.

The blue hair for Morgause makes me wonder if this is her natural hair color like Morgana's is violet/purple or if it's just black with a tint that makes it look blue the way Morgana's hair is sometimes black. I wonder if the blue hair is her defining characteristic that makes her recognizable in every form or era. That's interesting that Sylvie feels her talents are not up to par with her mother's even if the gods don't know any better. Yes, it makes sense that since Amora wasn't 100% sure about Sylvie's identity, she wouldn't think much about her missing parents really being her own grandparents.

I see Morgause as someone who perpetually is her own worst enemy. She makes the wrong decisions at each time which makes her self-defeating and constantly sabotages her own best chances. Even if fate nearly lets her change her course several times.

Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.

6) Ben is also blonde which helps differentiate him from Peter. The good thing about Marvel redheads is that their hair colors tend to very. Jean has bright red hair, MJ and Natasha have dark red hair, and Lorelei has orange hair.

7) I didn't even realize they brought in another new Valkyrie. They seem to run through them like crazy.

Do Alvi and Amora ever talk about his sibling? That seems like an obvious topic.
    Yes, Amora not getting involved enough is what caused everything to go wrong in the first place ironically enough.

How neat that Sylvie meets herself in an almost time loop. Wonder if she had any idea about her true identity before she unmasks herself or if she truly didn't detect anything familiar. It seems like Sylvie will get amnesia about as many time as the Osborns do in the Spider-Man comics. Interesting that variant Sylvie is so different that even her scent is different.

Yes, I can definitely see why Thor would be most affected by the lack of frost giants and Loki. I like that Morgause takes advantage of the absence of the frost giants to replace their kingdom with her own.

10) I've stopped expecting to see Amora come in the MCU especially after Ragnarök. When she didn't appear there, I basically realized she's not ever coming. Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers would also be a good place for her at this point.
    6) Yes, but dyed to differentiate himself from Peter, I don't know if during that time of the Clone saga, Ben tried to be different so that people like Aunt May or Mary Jane wouldn't believe that he was Peter. In that I agree with you, there are really many types of red, some darker, others brighter and others that are directly different, leaning more towards blonde as was the case with Lorelei but at an intermediate point like orange.

7) I've looked at some information and I think her name is Runa.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/R%C5%ABna_(Earth-616)

Yes, they talk a lot about Iric, which later leads Alvi to investigate things and discover about his grandfather, leading him to persist in knowing his roots from his mother part. Alvi is a realistic, intelligent and somewhat fatalistic boy but with an innate potential for magic while Iric was more impulsive, hopeful and more believing in his mother. It is logical that they try to change things and Alvi would like to know about the heroic roots of his villainous mother to feel better and overcome a loss that will never be remembered enough. As I said before, Lorelei listened to the story of her father from her sister's lips and has a feeling of relief for knowing that he was a hero although she was still hurt by never knowing about him when she was little, she always felt envious of other children for that Reason, growing up without a father changed her a lot.

Amora does not get involved in Broxton because she believes it is not necessary, also because she feels offended and believes that she was wasting her time knowing that Sylvie was adopted and that it was not even her biological parents who were dead but still Amora help her and believing about the vision of her mother on Sylvie's eyes.
    Worrying more about the threat that Morgause posed, Amora would have done something that would have prevented Morgana from killing her older sister and that Sylvie would end up possessed afterwards and causing that in Asgard and taking advantage of moments of distraction due to the appearance of the time vortex, Morgana and Amora worried about the erratic behaviour of Sylvie had to join forces to get rid of her by throwing her into the time vortex, even Sylvie herself would know that something would go wrong because of her nightmares and she would accept her fate to free herself before everything gets worse and hurt unwillingly people she loves, but there are many ways it could get worse.

She could hardly know because Original Sylvie at that time was spending her time lost not being sure of how to get home to Earth and return to her family since she had not had any luck since the Young Masters, she had heard things, rumors that she was able to understand, her Asgardian lisp was somewhat ridiculous and she only managed to people laughed at her when she tried to ask about something but her actions did more than her words and suddenly finding herself with that variant of hers meant asking questions that were never answered only when she was warned that something bad was going to happen soon and after erasing that encounter from her memory, they would meet again the day she was born, which is when she split into two different people within the time vortex weeks later, giving meaning to her existence.

Yes, obviously it is a point that for some reason is difficult when the Asgardians have spent centuries and centuries fighting and that the giants are erased with a stroke of a pen as if nothing had happened, it represents a before and after in Loki's life having to be the one to do it after Thor helps him. May his race be reborn with some help.

10) Me too, and I expect it less and less because if they did it now it would be hypocritical and would show that they have never done anything to care.

That seems perfectly said as a way of summing up the sisterly relationships and how they're similar but also different.

And this variant is so different that you said even her scent is not the same as Sylvie's. So Amora could meet Sylvie and get vibes from her mother but meeting this variant, I imagine she would not detect anything remotely familiar. It's funny how much of Morgana's arc is about revenge and she actually does best a version of Sylvie in the tournament even if she does not know who it really is. Morgana getting an adrenaline rush from all the fighting reminds me of Betsy Braddock's characterization and how she was also an action junkie who craved the idea of being a warrior. And it makes sense that Morgana would forget all she has learned and witnessed.

Yes, it's nice that what Morgause does to Morgana was actually meant as something good for her.

What I also like is that Amora does not have the typical reaction to get jealous of Lorelei and Morgana. She's given her word of caution and how Lorelei generally causes the people around her to not end up well but she doesn't do anything else or attack Morgana.
    Yes, it has always been my intention for it to be like this, everyone has their characteristic traits and that the relationship of Amora and Lorelei is not the relationship of Morgause and Morgana or that of Thor and Loki, they are things that each family has and each family is one. dysfunctional family in its own way.

Yes, because it is something different created under special conditions but starting from the original person it has things from them but also different things, Amora is a very powerful sorceress, she can discover many things with her magic or her brain without any effort, in this case, She decides to take it in a more emotional way and the heart overcomes the brain when she makes decisions, it is difficult for her to think clearly because she is at a vulnerable point on the verge of sadness and depression and with little motivation to do anything and that is why she thinks so much about a theory considered impossible and not easy to test by looking for something that can motivate her and give her a full feeling, stopping feeling empty.

Yes, Morgana's thing is curious because she makes decisions when she feels free for many reasons. She hated Lorelei because she wanted to make her pay for what she did to her and after realizing that nothing made sense, she decided to be her friend and reach an agreement that It could benefit them both, but she also thought that she had become a time anomaly and that it wouldn't be strange at all if everything that was happening, she had something to do with it, her mere presence could change things just like what she felt was happening to her body and mind after losing her power in Broxton.

Yes, that is something that is not certain but that can involuntarily be like that, Morgana gives the best of herself after losing her magic and stops being someone who used to manipulate people in the shadows to gain power.

Yes, that's something curious but it also makes you think about their family relationship. Amora tries to warn Morgana to forget about her revenge because it would end up turning against her, plus if she did something against Lorelei it would only motivate her. and encourage her to give her best and the only way for her to calm down and put her feet on the ground is to leave her to her own devices, which leads to the things mentioned above.

I agree, Morgause would not value anyone who stands in her way or innocent life in general. She only cares about reaching her endgoal from being so warped from her time in Camelot and then again stuck in the timestream as a ghost. Not knowing her actions are only uniting the other women and giving them more solidarity inadvertently even if they themselves don't realize it.

I can imagine it would be strange for Amora to encounter her mother and not understand what or who she exactly is and then encounter yet another version of her even more unrecognizable. I like that Thor is the one to comfort her and reach out to her because Amora seems to have even less of a support system than Lorelei.

The blue hair for Morgause makes me wonder if this is her natural hair color like Morgana's is violet/purple or if it's just black with a tint that makes it look blue the way Morgana's hair is sometimes black. I wonder if the blue hair is her defining characteristic that makes her recognizable in every form or era. That's interesting that Sylvie feels her talents are not up to par with her mother's even if the gods don't know any better. Yes, it makes sense that since Amora wasn't 100% sure about Sylvie's identity, she wouldn't think much about her missing parents really being her own grandparents.

I see Morgause as someone who perpetually is her own worst enemy. She makes the wrong decisions at each time which makes her self-defeating and constantly sabotages her own best chances. Even if fate nearly lets her change her course several times.
    True, she feels so frustrated by so many things that she needs revenge, she is moved by impulses, emotions, she feels alone, neither her camelot body nor her Broxton body exist, she is a ghost with unlimited power obtained involuntarily and it is unable to use it on herself to be able to alter her own life which is her ultimate goal, she would have the option of her sister Morgana but she loves her so much and respects her (although after taking away her power in Broxton it is hard to believe) that she cannot touch her without altering her life just to do it with hers since she dedicated her entire life to her sister and barely to herself, Morgause can hardly value life, only feeling hatred, sadness and the desire to kill whoever crosses her path and has such a great resentment towards Sylvie for past envy that it is her most obsessive objective even after ending her suffering a defeat and a victory at the same time, it is not enough and she has to erase the entire family line but needs to be a challenge, a surprisely fair fight.

Yes, being one is and it is difficult to be the teacher of someone who will one day make her birth and that of her sister possible if everything goes well. That's great and it's good that it's Thor who helps her and gives hopes but a real ones because he's never seen Amora more vulnerable before than she is now and worrying about a family that she had always left behind her.

Yes, it is also a way for it to have identifying features, a dark blue but being clear that it is blue. Sylvie's thing is like that because she has more consideration for her adoptive family than her biological one without knowing that everything was a past mistake, it also gives her new visions of life just like feeling uncomfortable in the presence of her friend's mother who is her real mother but her life is not even remotely good, clearly preferring her adoptive mother and the curious talent regarding food that misses. Amora uses her magic to look like a competent detective looking at the photos and thinking more about the theory of Sylvie being her mother than the case itself, asking herself if that well-known couple, she could consider them grandparents if they are part of her family without knowing anything about Sylvie's true roots, she is also a little bothered by the issue of the cat that Sylvie does not leave at any time, always holding her in her arms when she finds her without even worrying about whether what she could see had anything to do with it or not

Yes, and that's why she commented days ago about the theory of Cause and Effect or Trial and Error, she is unpredictable at all times, her past defeats lead her to do what she used to do before, try and see the result and that is what which makes her someone who learns from her mistakes and tries to amend them, although altering them so that they fit with her vision or her plan.

Yes, it was a massive failure. I think the biggest until The Marvels came out. I'm wondering if X-Men '97's success will spark more animated shows like a rumored Spider-Man 90s revival.
    There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-09-2024 at 04:38 AM.

6) Yes, but dyed to differentiate himself from Peter, I don't know if during that time of the Clone saga, Ben tried to be different so that people like Aunt May or Mary Jane wouldn't believe that he was Peter. In that I agree with you, there are really many types of red, some darker, others brighter and others that are directly different, leaning more towards blonde as was the case with Lorelei but at an intermediate point like orange.

7) I've looked at some information and I think her name is Runa.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/R%C5%ABna_(Earth-616)

Yes, they talk a lot about Iric, which later leads Alvi to investigate things and discover about his grandfather, leading him to persist in knowing his roots from his mother part. Alvi is a realistic, intelligent and somewhat fatalistic boy but with an innate potential for magic while Iric was more impulsive, hopeful and more believing in his mother. It is logical that they try to change things and Alvi would like to know about the heroic roots of his villainous mother to feel better and overcome a loss that will never be remembered enough. As I said before, Lorelei listened to the story of her father from her sister's lips and has a feeling of relief for knowing that he was a hero although she was still hurt by never knowing about him when she was little, she always felt envious of other children for that Reason, growing up without a father changed her a lot.

Amora does not get involved in Broxton because she believes it is not necessary, also because she feels offended and believes that she was wasting her time knowing that Sylvie was adopted and that it was not even her biological parents who were dead but still Amora help her and believing about the vision of her mother on Sylvie's eyes.
    Worrying more about the threat that Morgause posed, Amora would have done something that would have prevented Morgana from killing her older sister and that Sylvie would end up possessed afterwards and causing that in Asgard and taking advantage of moments of distraction due to the appearance of the time vortex, Morgana and Amora worried about the erratic behaviour of Sylvie had to join forces to get rid of her by throwing her into the time vortex, even Sylvie herself would know that something would go wrong because of her nightmares and she would accept her fate to free herself before everything gets worse and hurt unwillingly people she loves, but there are many ways it could get worse.

She could hardly know because Original Sylvie at that time was spending her time lost not being sure of how to get home to Earth and return to her family since she had not had any luck since the Young Masters, she had heard things, rumors that she was able to understand, her Asgardian lisp was somewhat ridiculous and she only managed to people laughed at her when she tried to ask about something but her actions did more than her words and suddenly finding herself with that variant of hers meant asking questions that were never answered only when she was warned that something bad was going to happen soon and after erasing that encounter from her memory, they would meet again the day she was born, which is when she split into two different people within the time vortex weeks later, giving meaning to her existence.

Yes, obviously it is a point that for some reason is difficult when the Asgardians have spent centuries and centuries fighting and that the giants are erased with a stroke of a pen as if nothing had happened, it represents a before and after in Loki's life having to be the one to do it after Thor helps him. May his race be reborn with some help.

10) Me too, and I expect it less and less because if they did it now it would be hypocritical and would show that they have never done anything to care.
    6) Yes, Ben dyed his hair to be different from Peter. Lorelei's hair leaning more towards blonde seems fitting since Amora is a blonde.

7) Weird that they made two Valkyries based on the Tessa Thompson version.

It's logical that learning about his brother would lead him to want to know more about his grandfather. I wonder what Iric's relationship with Lorelei and Sylvie would have been like had he lived. How old was Lorelei when she lost her father? It's so strange to feel that even an immortal could be an orphan and grow up feeling jealous that others had different family situations.

There's something very tragic about hearing how Morgana and Amora had to get rid of Sylvie because of her erratic behavior from being possessed and throw her into a time vortex. In hindsight, it makes sense because we need Sylvie to end up there to become Amora's mother but imagine what Amora must feel throwing her pupil aside like that. And later learning that this same girl was actually her mother and that even to ensure her own birth, she had to discard Sylvie like that for the good of everyone.

When you explain it that way, it makes sense that Sylvie would not suspect the variant to be another version of her. Like you said, she wouldn't even sound like a true Asgardian at this point, and she won't be allowed to remember the truth.

I'm also wondering if erasing the frost giants doesn't cause reality to somehow change or shift in order to restore balance. With every action, there is an opposite reaction so erasing the frost giants would cause reality to have to try and set back balance.

10) I think another problem was that the early MCU shied away from female villains. I think Hela was the first and then Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Before that, they seemed really reluctant to make female villains (even if they are the norm now in the MCU movies), which seemed to hurt Amora's chances. By the time the MCU came around to this, the Thor movies had more or less covered everything else in Asgard and were moving onto new material like Olympus.

Yes, it has always been my intention for it to be like this, everyone has their characteristic traits and that the relationship of Amora and Lorelei is not the relationship of Morgause and Morgana or that of Thor and Loki, they are things that each family has and each family is one. dysfunctional family in its own way.

Yes, because it is something different created under special conditions but starting from the original person it has things from them but also different things, Amora is a very powerful sorceress, she can discover many things with her magic or her brain without any effort, in this case, She decides to take it in a more emotional way and the heart overcomes the brain when she makes decisions, it is difficult for her to think clearly because she is at a vulnerable point on the verge of sadness and depression and with little motivation to do anything and that is why she thinks so much about a theory considered impossible and not easy to test by looking for something that can motivate her and give her a full feeling, stopping feeling empty.

Yes, Morgana's thing is curious because she makes decisions when she feels free for many reasons. She hated Lorelei because she wanted to make her pay for what she did to her and after realizing that nothing made sense, she decided to be her friend and reach an agreement that It could benefit them both, but she also thought that she had become a time anomaly and that it wouldn't be strange at all if everything that was happening, she had something to do with it, her mere presence could change things just like what she felt was happening to her body and mind after losing her power in Broxton.

Yes, that is something that is not certain but that can involuntarily be like that, Morgana gives the best of herself after losing her magic and stops being someone who used to manipulate people in the shadows to gain power.

Yes, that's something curious but it also makes you think about their family relationship. Amora tries to warn Morgana to forget about her revenge because it would end up turning against her, plus if she did something against Lorelei it would only motivate her. and encourage her to give her best and the only way for her to calm down and put her feet on the ground is to leave her to her own devices, which leads to the things mentioned above.
    Agreed, each one should differ in their own way and not be identical to the other. Otherwise we are just getting clones of Amora/Lorelei or Thor/Loki.

It makes sense to me that Amora would be on a more emotional path at this point in time, especially after everything that has happened with losing one son and struggling with another. I can see that her previous judgments would differ now and she would let her heart guide her over her head, especially for such a sensitive topic like her mother.

When Morgana first decides to become Lorelei's friend, is it only for the purpose of Lorelei being able to benefit her? Or even then, is there a part of Morgana that secretly desires this friendship and something healthier than her dynamic with Morgause?

It seems like a good redemption arc for Morgana and I imagine losing her magic would force her to become more dependent on her allies like Lorelei.

Yes, the way each of these women act against each other is very telling, not just about their own individual personalities, but also their respective family dynamics and what parts they all play.

True, she feels so frustrated by so many things that she needs revenge, she is moved by impulses, emotions, she feels alone, neither her camelot body nor her Broxton body exist, she is a ghost with unlimited power obtained involuntarily and it is unable to use it on herself to be able to alter her own life which is her ultimate goal, she would have the option of her sister Morgana but she loves her so much and respects her (although after taking away her power in Broxton it is hard to believe) that she cannot touch her without altering her life just to do it with hers since she dedicated her entire life to her sister and barely to herself, Morgause can hardly value life, only feeling hatred, sadness and the desire to kill whoever crosses her path and has such a great resentment towards Sylvie for past envy that it is her most obsessive objective even after ending her suffering a defeat and a victory at the same time, it is not enough and she has to erase the entire family line but needs to be a challenge, a surprisely fair fight.

Yes, being one is and it is difficult to be the teacher of someone who will one day make her birth and that of her sister possible if everything goes well. That's great and it's good that it's Thor who helps her and gives hopes but a real ones because he's never seen Amora more vulnerable before than she is now and worrying about a family that she had always left behind her.

Yes, it is also a way for it to have identifying features, a dark blue but being clear that it is blue. Sylvie's thing is like that because she has more consideration for her adoptive family than her biological one without knowing that everything was a past mistake, it also gives her new visions of life just like feeling uncomfortable in the presence of her friend's mother who is her real mother but her life is not even remotely good, clearly preferring her adoptive mother and the curious talent regarding food that misses. Amora uses her magic to look like a competent detective looking at the photos and thinking more about the theory of Sylvie being her mother than the case itself, asking herself if that well-known couple, she could consider them grandparents if they are part of her family without knowing anything about Sylvie's true roots, she is also a little bothered by the issue of the cat that Sylvie does not leave at any time, always holding her in her arms when she finds her without even worrying about whether what she could see had anything to do with it or not

Yes, and that's why she commented days ago about the theory of Cause and Effect or Trial and Error, she is unpredictable at all times, her past defeats lead her to do what she used to do before, try and see the result and that is what which makes her someone who learns from her mistakes and tries to amend them, although altering them so that they fit with her vision or her plan.
    I didn't even think about the fact that Morgause also has to make the sacrifice of more or less giving up on her sister during this period when she is lost as a ghost because even attempting to be near her or touch her will alter her life, probably in a negative way. So she stays away and thus loses another part of herself. I can see why she would be filled with only a drive for revenge and desire to unleash every torment that was inflicted upon her. I also see why she would want a challenge because if she's more or less stuck for generations like this, she needs something long enough to give her something to do and challenge her.

Yes, I think Thor is the perfect one to be there for Amora at this moment.

I'm wondering too if Amora would ever consider contacting an earth-bound hero detective (someone like Jessica Jones or Jessica Drew) to look more into the matter since they are more familiar with earthly life and what could happen to humans during a disappearance. I can see Amora feeling something is very off about Sylvie's strong attachment to the cat. That for her to not want to be parted with it for very long suggests an unhealthy attachment based on needing to fill a void.

And cause and effect/trial and error is perfect for a ghost stuck in the timestream who has basically all of eternity to learn and refocus her attentions from there.

There is one thing I would like to comment on, It's a sincere apology, I know that many things I write these days can be confusing and that a story should have an order in the events that happen, I know that I go from one thing to another (first part of the story, end, central part, intermediate act... ) and that I mix things in such a way that even if I try to fit them together, it takes a little effort to assimilate them, with characters that go from one place to another with their destinies intertwined.

I hope that the X-Men '97 thing is a meeting point of how to do things, and if they did the Spider-Man one in the same way it would be great, as for the movies, the same thing happens with the series, there are so many in the last few months that if some of them had not been done nothing would have happened because many of them were simply left over.
    There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.