Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    6) Yes, Ben dyed his hair to be different from Peter. Lorelei's hair leaning more towards blonde seems fitting since Amora is a blonde.

7) Weird that they made two Valkyries based on the Tessa Thompson version.

It's logical that learning about his brother would lead him to want to know more about his grandfather. I wonder what Iric's relationship with Lorelei and Sylvie would have been like had he lived. How old was Lorelei when she lost her father? It's so strange to feel that even an immortal could be an orphan and grow up feeling jealous that others had different family situations.

There's something very tragic about hearing how Morgana and Amora had to get rid of Sylvie because of her erratic behavior from being possessed and throw her into a time vortex. In hindsight, it makes sense because we need Sylvie to end up there to become Amora's mother but imagine what Amora must feel throwing her pupil aside like that. And later learning that this same girl was actually her mother and that even to ensure her own birth, she had to discard Sylvie like that for the good of everyone.

When you explain it that way, it makes sense that Sylvie would not suspect the variant to be another version of her. Like you said, she wouldn't even sound like a true Asgardian at this point, and she won't be allowed to remember the truth.

I'm also wondering if erasing the frost giants doesn't cause reality to somehow change or shift in order to restore balance. With every action, there is an opposite reaction so erasing the frost giants would cause reality to have to try and set back balance.

10) I think another problem was that the early MCU shied away from female villains. I think Hela was the first and then Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Before that, they seemed really reluctant to make female villains (even if they are the norm now in the MCU movies), which seemed to hurt Amora's chances. By the time the MCU came around to this, the Thor movies had more or less covered everything else in Asgard and were moving onto new material like Olympus.
    6) I already imagined it, I remember little from that time in the 90s concerning the wall-crawler, everyone considered it such an infamous saga that it makes sense that a series of certain things were forgotten but the Ben Reilly theme remained because little by little it opened up a path between fans. The thing about Lorelei was always good to differentiate her from her sister Amora, but it gave you a more or less interesting idea about what the parents of both sisters could look like due to genetics.

7) Yes, and worse not taking advantage of them

Yes, his brother has a hard time forgetting him, I think that may explain why in the following installments of Strange Academy and after the end of Strange Academy: Finals, we have not seen Alvi again because in his own way he remembers his brother and would prefer to be at home in Asgard with his father than to continue wasting time in a place without him. I wanted to take advantage of that gap with the story and for things to be more focused between Alvi and his mother and also his aunt Lorelei.

Iric's relationship with Sylvie would have been strange but Sylvie would have liked to have met him so Alvi would have explained to her once the tensions in their initial relationship calmed down, in a way in what I have explained of the story, Sylvie and Alvi end up being stepbrothers because Amora decides to take her under her wing as an apprentice and adopted daughter, giving her a purpose and Sylvie tries to make Alvi feel better since he still has something and she lost everything, inspiring him to be better and treat things and situations from a different perspective. Lorelei would have been proud to have a nephew as nice as Iric but that he would have reminded her too much of her sister Amora because of some tics that she remembers about her from her childhood. Lorelei was very small, enough to barely see him because he was a warrior who spent too much time outside, while Amora had it easier because she was a teenager with already quite clear ideas in her head, which for Lorelei, that man who was her father did not was more than a stranger who doesn't remember.

Yes, and it all starts because the two of them above the others realize that Broxton was the beginning of something, doubting many things and that the case of Sylvie Lushton's parents did not was clarified with what happened with Morgause Afterwards, which Morgana, even having some affinity for magic after losing it and not being able to recover it, especially when it comes to mystical senses, and Amora, who knows that something is not quite right with her apprentice (who is struggling with her nightmares and strange visions of something sinister in her mind), must do something before it will get worse.
    At this moment, Lorelei's spell was still working so if Amora did something evil, Amora would have gone straight to her son, surprisingly when Amora and Morgana, both corner Sylvie in the forest very close to the time vortex trying to talk to each other deciding what they should do, it is not considered something evil what they do at the end, which Lorelei's spell does not work or is not activated, Sylvie was starting to be possessed and her hair changed color from blonde to blue like Morgause's, at that moment it is when they both deceive her with something that only Sylvie knows because of what the three of them shared in Broxton and Sylvie falls into the vortex towards the unknown. The rest is known because of everything that happens inside, the possession is interrupted, Sylvie is divided into two people who separate towards unknown destinations (the original in the past of Asgard and the variant weeks/months ago in Asgard in the current time) and Morgause in ghost form gains unlimited power and follows Sylvie into the past.

Yes, and unfortunately it is of no use to know, although it is a vital moment for the variant because it could not say anything to its original version within the time vortex (it had just been born and was confused) because then it cannot prevent what happens next, the fact of how Sylvie comes back to Earth in the first place is something Amora wonders about during her fight against her trying to make her listen to reason until she starts thinking about the whole thing about her mother and Sylvie's way of fighting that reminds her mother too much

The variant knows well who she is when she knows about her casually since Sylvie is wandering around without a specific destination and decides to follow her in a subtle way until she meets her face to face and decides to reveal who she is, then, she erases her mind with her magic and sends her directly to Broxton hoping that something is different from what she remembers since she herself is not clear about it except about the time vortex and the existence of Morgause.

It is evident that everyone's perceptions change by not knowing anything about anything, the destruction caused is not even clear to them what caused it or because suddenly the Yggdrasil tree is damaged and natural disasters occur in the 9 remaining kingdoms due to the disappearance of a single kingdom, Not only the ice giants are eliminated but also other beings that lived there due to the great and spectacular explosion that occurred.

10) Yes, and that is terrible, it is hard to believe that the most remembered are part of the mutant line and the X-men comics, there are others that also deserve attention in many ways so that there is a balance and more variety and above all more appreciation for them to be even better characters. I, the interest in Thor within the MCU (and it is not Chris Hemsworth's fault, he has done the best he has with what he has been given) has long been lost from expectations of better things, if with Asgard has treated it the way they have, with Olympus it is not going to be better.

Agreed, each one should differ in their own way and not be identical to the other. Otherwise we are just getting clones of Amora/Lorelei or Thor/Loki.

It makes sense to me that Amora would be on a more emotional path at this point in time, especially after everything that has happened with losing one son and struggling with another. I can see that her previous judgments would differ now and she would let her heart guide her over her head, especially for such a sensitive topic like her mother.

When Morgana first decides to become Lorelei's friend, is it only for the purpose of Lorelei being able to benefit her? Or even then, is there a part of Morgana that secretly desires this friendship and something healthier than her dynamic with Morgause?

It seems like a good redemption arc for Morgana and I imagine losing her magic would force her to become more dependent on her allies like Lorelei.

Yes, the way each of these women act against each other is very telling, not just about their own individual personalities, but also their respective family dynamics and what parts they all play.
    Yes, that's why things tend to be more interesting with different internal conflicts and different reasons, just as a dysfunctional family can be in many ways, in this case, Amora spends time with her son although forced by her sister, she is the older sister who prefers to stay away from conflicts although she ends up in the middle of the majority but who takes it very calmly without losing control, Lorelei is the little sister with secrets who has gotten into trouble just because of a series of ideas and projects of improvement of the kingdom that her husband Sigurd (they are not even married in Asgard, more like a drunken night in any place you can think of, Monaco, Las Vegas, any place you visit where you can spend romantic and fun nights and days) giving her something to think about and deciding on her own initiative that she has to be the queen of Asgard without giving time to anything because it's time to recover the Asgardian Pride, trying to convince a Sif who only wants to punch her in the face as soon as she sees her but being convincing enough even using her daughters to make it happen as the ideas are surprisingly good and can really help.
    The dynamics and difference between the sisters is very different and each one is independent in their own way.

Yes, she decides that something needs to change in her life and Sylvie has really helped her take that step in many ways in addition to maintaining a closer relationship, curious is the dynamic of Amora being an adult and helping a young Sylvie than later with a Amnesiac adult Sylvie and a young Amora in Asgard's past, that is what ends up uniting them without even being together and the important meaning for Amora of the name Enchantress and who her mother truly was. Her crisis of faith and momentary loss of reason when she finds Sylvie's variant dead is logical, although after Thor helps her and Amora knows the truth about her, at least she has the chance that someone, even if it wasn't the one she remembers, could have the opportunity to say goodbye although she later spoke with her sister and what happened to the Original Sylvie and her sacrifice for her granddaughter using the power of Morgause to her advantage when she attacks her on the astral plane while she was on her deathbed in the past of Asgard synchronizing timelines for a moment.

Surely, but it is also because of what Morgana discovers about Lorelei, really knowing her, taking away the relevance of her revenge but the feeling remains only that it goes towards the tolerable apart from the idea that during their first confrontation if instead of her being the one who was distracted would have been Lorelei, perhaps she could have defeated her by having Lorelei be the one dragged to Camelot, also the fact that Morgana decides to teach Lorelei what a queen should be and that apologies are worth it but not like this and especially not from someone with more power that her, it is offensive.
    The fact that Lorelei promises to help her regain her power, sharing things together even fun moments with each other when before they only wanted to kill each other with murder attempts that lead to nothing due to Lorelei's special condition and the fact that Lorelei can hope to be a living woman again and be better than she was, along with the concern about the power of her daughters whose existence is not easy to explain.
    Morgana and Lorelei are at an important moment for both of them and just being friends is what motivates them both to be encouraged, which makes Morgana not think so much about her sister Morgause (at that moment she still believes that she is dead and that it was her hand who did it twice) apart from the fact that if Morgause lived, Morgana would understand that her older sister wanted revenge against her knowing perfectly well that she is not the same woman as it was in Camelot and she is not a little girl.

Yes, and even she herself is surprised about her changes thanks to Lorelei's blind daughter powers including Thor and Loki with whom she also has some interactions, with Sif she has them but of rivalry for the queen's favors, Sif is the one who makes Lorelei queen in the first place, Thor continues seeing Morgana as an evil witch with hidden plans since he remembers her from her confrontations with the Avengers and Loki begins to see her as someone interesting but too obsessed with the queen and with Amora's favor after bringing her to Asgard after the event of Broxton. Thor is also surprised by the fact that Morgana, for some reason that not even Morgana herself understands, gets genuinely scared and returns the hammer without hesitation, can be worthy of Mjolnir, which makes her changes so significant that they begin to be seen as something strange on the part of everyone in Asgard, Morgana after that does not touch that hammer again.

Yes, all of that is a central part, it is good to know who they are, how they think and how they react to any situation, family is the most important thing in the end in all cases.

I didn't even think about the fact that Morgause also has to make the sacrifice of more or less giving up on her sister during this period when she is lost as a ghost because even attempting to be near her or touch her will alter her life, probably in a negative way. So she stays away and thus loses another part of herself. I can see why she would be filled with only a drive for revenge and desire to unleash every torment that was inflicted upon her. I also see why she would want a challenge because if she's more or less stuck for generations like this, she needs something long enough to give her something to do and challenge her.

Yes, I think Thor is the perfect one to be there for Amora at this moment.

I'm wondering too if Amora would ever consider contacting an earth-bound hero detective (someone like Jessica Jones or Jessica Drew) to look more into the matter since they are more familiar with earthly life and what could happen to humans during a disappearance. I can see Amora feeling something is very off about Sylvie's strong attachment to the cat. That for her to not want to be parted with it for very long suggests an unhealthy attachment based on needing to fill a void.

And cause and effect/trial and error is perfect for a ghost stuck in the timestream who has basically all of eternity to learn and refocus her attentions from there.
    Yes, as I said, Morgause cares a lot about her sister, she always had big plans for her and she would give everything but by gaining power and almost perpetual youth, something that she did not have in her first life in Camelot, that changes her mind a lot but she maintains that idea. about her sister because she gave everything for her doing too many things and with a lot of blood on her hands and if her current power hurts her, she would not be able to overcome it, losing the humanity that would still remain even if she had to face her directly for having changed totally the timeline and destroying people's lives.

Yes, Thor tries to make her understand as he has tried many other times, the difference is that it is too personal for Amora and for the first time and she really feels vulnerable on a level never seen before.

Amora has lived enough among mortals to get an idea of how to do things and she has her own way of doing things whether she is wrong or right, also the tension she maintains with Sylvie is due to the fact that she has to act harshly and not seem too soft, it's the only way she doesn't seem excessively emotional about the theory about her mother, you're right about the cat and it's something very common when you lose a loved one and the need to attach yourself to something, The cat seems to notice something between her owner Sylvie and Amora and apparently it seems that she likes Amora and thinks they smell similar (it would be the first time that no one notices that there is a family relationship between the two Enchantresses because of the feline senses and what makes the cat so special that Sylvie has always believed she is) Amora stays away from her and when Sylvie does something, she is the one who takes care of the cat although she does not understand that she likes her either, having a tendency to like evil sorceresses as it would later see with Morgana after Sylvie's disappearance.

Yes, she tries things, going back, repeating and seeing what to do correctly, using innocent people as her guinea pigs and seeing what happens in the timeline while she trains her newly acquired powers.

There is nothing to apologize for. I think for any overall story, especially one as delicately and intricately crafted by you, it makes sense that you would go back and forth between different perspectives and phases of the story. Writing any long saga is never a chronological narrative. You'll always see parts you can amend or improve on, or other parts that need to be altered once you've made some retroactive decisions that affect the overall story. I think in your story especially, the fact that there is a time vortex and parts about reality being changed and the timestream being affected from thousands of years ago, it makes perfect sense that you would jump around. I would expect nothing less and do not find it all that confusing for the most part. It's always very simple to reconcile everything together since you provide such detailed explanations.

I'm reading that Marvel is pleased with X-Men '97's success so what I've noticed with Marvel is that after one success, they tend to replicate the formula and keep repeating it until it dies out (often continuing even when the formula has lost its appeal). So I can see more animated shows in its vein. And I agree, there are so many MCU projects now that I cannot keep up with them and haven't bothered to either. I feel the public just picking and choosing what they want to watch rather than seeing everything and there really are some that you could ignore or erase from existence and it would change nothing.
    I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    6) I already imagined it, I remember little from that time in the 90s concerning the wall-crawler, everyone considered it such an infamous saga that it makes sense that a series of certain things were forgotten but the Ben Reilly theme remained because little by little it opened up a path between fans. The thing about Lorelei was always good to differentiate her from her sister Amora, but it gave you a more or less interesting idea about what the parents of both sisters could look like due to genetics.

7) Yes, and worse not taking advantage of them

Yes, his brother has a hard time forgetting him, I think that may explain why in the following installments of Strange Academy and after the end of Strange Academy: Finals, we have not seen Alvi again because in his own way he remembers his brother and would prefer to be at home in Asgard with his father than to continue wasting time in a place without him. I wanted to take advantage of that gap with the story and for things to be more focused between Alvi and his mother and also his aunt Lorelei.

Iric's relationship with Sylvie would have been strange but Sylvie would have liked to have met him so Alvi would have explained to her once the tensions in their initial relationship calmed down, in a way in what I have explained of the story, Sylvie and Alvi end up being stepbrothers because Amora decides to take her under her wing as an apprentice and adopted daughter, giving her a purpose and Sylvie tries to make Alvi feel better since he still has something and she lost everything, inspiring him to be better and treat things and situations from a different perspective. Lorelei would have been proud to have a nephew as nice as Iric but that he would have reminded her too much of her sister Amora because of some tics that she remembers about her from her childhood. Lorelei was very small, enough to barely see him because he was a warrior who spent too much time outside, while Amora had it easier because she was a teenager with already quite clear ideas in her head, which for Lorelei, that man who was her father did not was more than a stranger who doesn't remember.

Yes, and it all starts because the two of them above the others realize that Broxton was the beginning of something, doubting many things and that the case of Sylvie Lushton's parents did not was clarified with what happened with Morgause Afterwards, which Morgana, even having some affinity for magic after losing it and not being able to recover it, especially when it comes to mystical senses, and Amora, who knows that something is not quite right with her apprentice (who is struggling with her nightmares and strange visions of something sinister in her mind), must do something before it will get worse.
    At this moment, Lorelei's spell was still working so if Amora did something evil, Amora would have gone straight to her son, surprisingly when Amora and Morgana, both corner Sylvie in the forest very close to the time vortex trying to talk to each other deciding what they should do, it is not considered something evil what they do at the end, which Lorelei's spell does not work or is not activated, Sylvie was starting to be possessed and her hair changed color from blonde to blue like Morgause's, at that moment it is when they both deceive her with something that only Sylvie knows because of what the three of them shared in Broxton and Sylvie falls into the vortex towards the unknown. The rest is known because of everything that happens inside, the possession is interrupted, Sylvie is divided into two people who separate towards unknown destinations (the original in the past of Asgard and the variant weeks/months ago in Asgard in the current time) and Morgause in ghost form gains unlimited power and follows Sylvie into the past.

Yes, and unfortunately it is of no use to know, although it is a vital moment for the variant because it could not say anything to its original version within the time vortex (it had just been born and was confused) because then it cannot prevent what happens next, the fact of how Sylvie comes back to Earth in the first place is something Amora wonders about during her fight against her trying to make her listen to reason until she starts thinking about the whole thing about her mother and Sylvie's way of fighting that reminds her mother too much

The variant knows well who she is when she knows about her casually since Sylvie is wandering around without a specific destination and decides to follow her in a subtle way until she meets her face to face and decides to reveal who she is, then, she erases her mind with her magic and sends her directly to Broxton hoping that something is different from what she remembers since she herself is not clear about it except about the time vortex and the existence of Morgause.

It is evident that everyone's perceptions change by not knowing anything about anything, the destruction caused is not even clear to them what caused it or because suddenly the Yggdrasil tree is damaged and natural disasters occur in the 9 remaining kingdoms due to the disappearance of a single kingdom, Not only the ice giants are eliminated but also other beings that lived there due to the great and spectacular explosion that occurred.

10) Yes, and that is terrible, it is hard to believe that the most remembered are part of the mutant line and the X-men comics, there are others that also deserve attention in many ways so that there is a balance and more variety and above all more appreciation for them to be even better characters. I, the interest in Thor within the MCU (and it is not Chris Hemsworth's fault, he has done the best he has with what he has been given) has long been lost from expectations of better things, if with Asgard has treated it the way they have, with Olympus it is not going to be better.
    Lorelei's differences from Amora do indeed give us a good indication of what the parents would look like.

7) That's quite clever to take advantage of the gap with Alvi to explain that he's with his father and thinking about his brother.
    Interesting that Lorelei seeing Iric would have reminded her too much of Amora from her childhood.

I wonder if everytime Morgause possesses someone, if their hair turns blue. Similarly I wonder if Morgana tried the same thing if it means their hair would turn violet. I can see why the rest of what happens to Sylvie from falling into the vortex is unknown. Still very shocking how the efforts of that and the possession being interrupted divides Sylvie into two people.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense now as to why even knowing the truth wouldn't help but even without being able to remember, it's significant for that scene to occur.

That makes sense that the variant herself would not be entirely clear on Sylvie and everything that has happened. I imagine everything after the time vortex and Morgause would be more or less a blank slate for her.

Yggdrasil being damaged makes a lot of sense especially the part about natural disasters occurring in the other nine realms as a result of the frost giants being erased.

Yes, that's why things tend to be more interesting with different internal conflicts and different reasons, just as a dysfunctional family can be in many ways, in this case, Amora spends time with her son although forced by her sister, she is the older sister who prefers to stay away from conflicts although she ends up in the middle of the majority but who takes it very calmly without losing control, Lorelei is the little sister with secrets who has gotten into trouble just because of a series of ideas and projects of improvement of the kingdom that her husband Sigurd (they are not even married in Asgard, more like a drunken night in any place you can think of, Monaco, Las Vegas, any place you visit where you can spend romantic and fun nights and days) giving her something to think about and deciding on her own initiative that she has to be the queen of Asgard without giving time to anything because it's time to recover the Asgardian Pride, trying to convince a Sif who only wants to punch her in the face as soon as she sees her but being convincing enough even using her daughters to make it happen as the ideas are surprisingly good and can really help.
    The dynamics and difference between the sisters is very different and each one is independent in their own way.

Yes, she decides that something needs to change in her life and Sylvie has really helped her take that step in many ways in addition to maintaining a closer relationship, curious is the dynamic of Amora being an adult and helping a young Sylvie than later with a Amnesiac adult Sylvie and a young Amora in Asgard's past, that is what ends up uniting them without even being together and the important meaning for Amora of the name Enchantress and who her mother truly was. Her crisis of faith and momentary loss of reason when she finds Sylvie's variant dead is logical, although after Thor helps her and Amora knows the truth about her, at least she has the chance that someone, even if it wasn't the one she remembers, could have the opportunity to say goodbye although she later spoke with her sister and what happened to the Original Sylvie and her sacrifice for her granddaughter using the power of Morgause to her advantage when she attacks her on the astral plane while she was on her deathbed in the past of Asgard synchronizing timelines for a moment.

Surely, but it is also because of what Morgana discovers about Lorelei, really knowing her, taking away the relevance of her revenge but the feeling remains only that it goes towards the tolerable apart from the idea that during their first confrontation if instead of her being the one who was distracted would have been Lorelei, perhaps she could have defeated her by having Lorelei be the one dragged to Camelot, also the fact that Morgana decides to teach Lorelei what a queen should be and that apologies are worth it but not like this and especially not from someone with more power that her, it is offensive.
    The fact that Lorelei promises to help her regain her power, sharing things together even fun moments with each other when before they only wanted to kill each other with murder attempts that lead to nothing due to Lorelei's special condition and the fact that Lorelei can hope to be a living woman again and be better than she was, along with the concern about the power of her daughters whose existence is not easy to explain.
    Morgana and Lorelei are at an important moment for both of them and just being friends is what motivates them both to be encouraged, which makes Morgana not think so much about her sister Morgause (at that moment she still believes that she is dead and that it was her hand who did it twice) apart from the fact that if Morgause lived, Morgana would understand that her older sister wanted revenge against her knowing perfectly well that she is not the same woman as it was in Camelot and she is not a little girl.

Yes, and even she herself is surprised about her changes thanks to Lorelei's blind daughter powers including Thor and Loki with whom she also has some interactions, with Sif she has them but of rivalry for the queen's favors, Sif is the one who makes Lorelei queen in the first place, Thor continues seeing Morgana as an evil witch with hidden plans since he remembers her from her confrontations with the Avengers and Loki begins to see her as someone interesting but too obsessed with the queen and with Amora's favor after bringing her to Asgard after the event of Broxton. Thor is also surprised by the fact that Morgana, for some reason that not even Morgana herself understands, gets genuinely scared and returns the hammer without hesitation, can be worthy of Mjolnir, which makes her changes so significant that they begin to be seen as something strange on the part of everyone in Asgard, Morgana after that does not touch that hammer again.

Yes, all of that is a central part, it is good to know who they are, how they think and how they react to any situation, family is the most important thing in the end in all cases.
    I liked the way you characterized each of the family members. Sigurd seems the more traditional type though so would it bother him that he and Lorelei are not really married.

It's true that while Amora could not help the variant, she can at least take solace in knowing that she at least got time with the original Sylvie. And even without a proper goodbye, Sylvie was still able to get some sort of send-off with her sacrifice.

I'm wondering now if Morgana never considered taking Lorelei to Camelot. Not just to defeat her but once both were on closer terms, if Lorelei ever considered taking a visit there. Especially if she felt she could obtain a power there against Morgause.
    I definitely buy this relationship dynamic that both share fun moments with each other whereas before they were both trying to kill the other. There's a sort of irony in thinking that Morgana thinks she killed her sister and now she's forgetting her with her newfound relationship with Lorelei, unaware that Morgause has vowed revenge on Lorelei's family.

Doom and Morgana had a strong working relationship which makes me wonder if Loki would also consider Morgana someone worthy of having an alliance with or if she is too much of a loose cannon for him, especially with Lorelei on her side. It must be rare for someone to be able to pick up the hammer but return it so instantly, fearing the power she can get from it.

Yes, I agree.

Yes, as I said, Morgause cares a lot about her sister, she always had big plans for her and she would give everything but by gaining power and almost perpetual youth, something that she did not have in her first life in Camelot, that changes her mind a lot but she maintains that idea. about her sister because she gave everything for her doing too many things and with a lot of blood on her hands and if her current power hurts her, she would not be able to overcome it, losing the humanity that would still remain even if she had to face her directly for having changed totally the timeline and destroying people's lives.

Yes, Thor tries to make her understand as he has tried many other times, the difference is that it is too personal for Amora and for the first time and she really feels vulnerable on a level never seen before.

Amora has lived enough among mortals to get an idea of how to do things and she has her own way of doing things whether she is wrong or right, also the tension she maintains with Sylvie is due to the fact that she has to act harshly and not seem too soft, it's the only way she doesn't seem excessively emotional about the theory about her mother, you're right about the cat and it's something very common when you lose a loved one and the need to attach yourself to something, The cat seems to notice something between her owner Sylvie and Amora and apparently it seems that she likes Amora and thinks they smell similar (it would be the first time that no one notices that there is a family relationship between the two Enchantresses because of the feline senses and what makes the cat so special that Sylvie has always believed she is) Amora stays away from her and when Sylvie does something, she is the one who takes care of the cat although she does not understand that she likes her either, having a tendency to like evil sorceresses as it would later see with Morgana after Sylvie's disappearance.

Yes, she tries things, going back, repeating and seeing what to do correctly, using innocent people as her guinea pigs and seeing what happens in the timeline while she trains her newly acquired powers.
    I imagine Asgard would be like something of a power trip for Morgause, giving her so much she did not have originally and can now obtain for herself.

That mentality seems fitting for Amora especially with her dynamic with Thor now.

Ok, that does make sense. It's interesting that this cat senses so much that even before anyone else has learned the truth, the cat already has an idea about the relationship between Amora and Sylvie. And that Amora would stay away from the cat but the cat likes her for this reason.

That's what I figured she would do knowing her.

I appreciate it, I really had the feeling that I was getting mixed up because I talk about many things and I have a tendency at times to go on longer than I should. I'm glad you like it and it's understandable even though English is not my first language. but it's good to comment and learn.

I'm glad for that, I was really pleasantly surprised by this X-men '97 because I didn't expect it to be so good, I heard that the director/writer of several chapters was fired before starting the series, and after seeing how The series is coming out, I think it was a wrong decision because it is part of the success it is having, I hope there are more animated series of the same quality and as well made.

And with movies and series they are going to have to work hard because Quality must always be superior to Quantity.
    I definitely enjoy your full descriptions and characterizations. I'm amazed you are able to write so much especially since I remember you used to say that you would type this all up on your phone during your commute to work daily. As I've said before, I would never have suspected English isn't your first language. It's really not evident at all since you seem like such a natural.

Yes, the showrunner for X-Men '97 was fired right before the premiere but he's already written out S2. There's already a lot of people on social media saying he should be brought back so here's hoping Marvel reinstates him at some point. And I would like to see more animated shows given this same treatment as well, although I hope the MCU is kept out of it.

Yes, agreed. Quality > quantity always. Disney is starting to learn this lesson but I fear not enough.

Lorelei's differences from Amora do indeed give us a good indication of what the parents would look like.

7) That's quite clever to take advantage of the gap with Alvi to explain that he's with his father and thinking about his brother.
    Interesting that Lorelei seeing Iric would have reminded her too much of Amora from her childhood.

I wonder if everytime Morgause possesses someone, if their hair turns blue. Similarly I wonder if Morgana tried the same thing if it means their hair would turn violet. I can see why the rest of what happens to Sylvie from falling into the vortex is unknown. Still very shocking how the efforts of that and the possession being interrupted divides Sylvie into two people.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense now as to why even knowing the truth wouldn't help but even without being able to remember, it's significant for that scene to occur.

That makes sense that the variant herself would not be entirely clear on Sylvie and everything that has happened. I imagine everything after the time vortex and Morgause would be more or less a blank slate for her.

Yggdrasil being damaged makes a lot of sense especially the part about natural disasters occurring in the other nine realms as a result of the frost giants being erased.
    True, I also remember when I started with this whole story last year that originally it was a way in which I saw how the origin of the Enchantress and her sister could be told, although explained in a different way focusing a little on their parents and little by little in the two of them, from what I think and imagine, Amora and Lorelei's mother is blonde and their father, redhead with braids and a big mustache, as well as impressive skill with different weapons, heroic, and with an overwhelming and charming personality and charisma that his daughters inherit and that It makes even his enemies smile even when defeated. I had already said that he was a squire of Odin and his brothers and that he began his path of heroism that later, thanks to an amnesiac and carefree Sylvie, becomes more evident with their union.

7) Yes, because honestly, I have been watching the current Strange Academy specials and I don't understand why Alvi is no longer seen there, at least what I propose would make sense. Lorelei's thing would be evident because Iric was impulsive and more sensitive than he showed, in addition to the fact that he was the typical boy who goes bad, in addition to the fact that he was more aligned with his mother and missed her while Alvi was more realistic about it and he knew what he was exposing himself if shows love for his mother to no matter how much he proudly did not want to see her.

Morgause is someone who constantly evolves since she first appears as Sylvie Lushton's friend in Broxton or when she witnesses the epic fight between Morgana and Lorelei at the beginning of the story before even everything that happened in Broxton with the case of the Sylvie's parents and her meeting with her while she was hungover and Sylvie need help from a genious she knew (Morgause was still a reincarnated human and did not have her memories of Camelot yet), which awakens something in her head and that is when her previous life in Camelot appears to her as if in a dream.

What happens with Morgause in Broxton is because of her pride, the fact that she is not yet ready, and her incredible experiments that give her enough abilities to take them away from her sister after curing her.

The possession thing is something that she tries for the first time when she sees her soul separate from her body when her sister Morgana shoots her and kills her. Not even she was sure it would work, but that ability, like her sister's magic, sHe never loses them and acquires new things, perhaps so that she can finally have her own body later, although in a way that even planning it would not have turned out well.

The blue hair thing is a side effect, Morgana could do that but it could not been her usual way to do things, unfortunately Sylvie is her guinea pig because Morgause would never have touched her sister Morgana and Amora wasn't even there.

Yes, Sylvie is not lucky but unfortunately the situation becomes too complicated and there are no other options, although Amora reveals that even if Sylvie had not been possessed by Morgause it is possible that she would have done the same thing, the difference is that then it would have been an evil act against an innocent and not an act of heroism to protect her family.

The forces within the time vortex are unknown and unpredictable, anything could happen there and they affect anyone who ends up there differently like a repressed desire for something that is strongly desired inside the mind of a person.

True, Sylvie's own variant has her own problems and insecurities as someone who knows the world for the first time and only knows what she knows without being entirely sure how to act even if she knows it.

Yes, although when it separates from Sylvie prime, who emerged from her as a variant, before taking different ways, they both stare at each other for a moment with curiosity without being sure of anything and with a certain surprise, although the Original Sylvie remembers her as a memory that was erased and realizes that she was the one who took her to home when she was totally lost at the beginning of the story, although the variant still doesn't know anything about that, when there was still no evidence of her existence and as something she decides she should do if she sees her again like a full circle for both though while Sylvie’s variant witnesses how the original one disappears, she goes for a door to the unknown, she notices Morgause evil essence in the air when is still struggling with the energies that are going towards her.

True, and it will end up being the union of all the kingdoms who are able to repair the damage, achieving what Lorelei wanted and appealing to the great pride of Asgard and its gods, defeating Morgause is not enough but it would help repair part of the anomaly.

I liked the way you characterized each of the family members. Sigurd seems the more traditional type though so would it bother him that he and Lorelei are not really married.

It's true that while Amora could not help the variant, she can at least take solace in knowing that she at least got time with the original Sylvie. And even without a proper goodbye, Sylvie was still able to get some sort of send-off with her sacrifice.

I'm wondering now if Morgana never considered taking Lorelei to Camelot. Not just to defeat her but once both were on closer terms, if Lorelei ever considered taking a visit there. Especially if she felt she could obtain a power there against Morgause.
    I definitely buy this relationship dynamic that both share fun moments with each other whereas before they were both trying to kill the other. There's a sort of irony in thinking that Morgana thinks she killed her sister and now she's forgetting her with her newfound relationship with Lorelei, unaware that Morgause has vowed revenge on Lorelei's family.

Doom and Morgana had a strong working relationship which makes me wonder if Loki would also consider Morgana someone worthy of having an alliance with or if she is too much of a loose cannon for him, especially with Lorelei on her side. It must be rare for someone to be able to pick up the hammer but return it so instantly, fearing the power she can get from it.

Yes, I agree.
    Well, it is as they are in the story, Sigurd would not be so different from Lorelei, perhaps the fact that they are not married by Asgardian customs, have had children for a while and that he does not want to know anything about sitting on a throne, full Asgard of some rumors that are exaggerated and separate them a little, complicating life for the kingdom and for most of the people even in the way it is seen in other kingdoms leading Lorelei to impulsive attitudes that in normal circumstances would lead to wars that even Sif has difficulties in diplomacy to avoid them, later this will make more sense with the provocation of Sylvie's variant towards the Frost Giants or the great strength and power that Lorelei's own daughters show.

Yes, Amora feels guilty but she feels complete that at least she was right with Sylvie by giving her confidence and helping her even though the way to put it into practice was debatable and the consequences were not what she could have foreseen, such as the existence of a variant that emerged Out of nowhere, at least thanks to her sister and what happened with her niece, she knows that Sylvie really was her mother and that she put her on that path, in addition to finally knowing what they are facing.
    I don't know, but it would have been like a what if, when Lorelei and Morgana confront each other at the beginning of the story, there is no special reason, one simply finds themselves in the other's path and tries to thwart her plans of conquest, then A strange phenomenon occurs such as the time vortex that makes Lorelei take advantage of an advantage to defeat her and take her out of time towards the current era, the display of power of an incredibly angry Sylvie against Amora not too far away also has its part in this because it makes Morgana completely distracted and while she is torn from her time by Lorelei she sees a series of mysterious shadows that she does not recognize in any way, the time vortex crosses various timelines, at that moment, everything is blurred and later it would make its sense.
    The difference would have been that instead of Morgana it would have been Lorelei and the story would have taken a totally different turn because Morgana would not have lost her evil or the darkness in her heart and possibly Morgause would not have existed in the first place, which Lorelei and Morgana current friendship and changes attitude would have been something else.

In a way, Morgana is at a different point and something of a loose cannon, yes, Loki would consider it and the dynamic would not have been so different from what Loki had with Amora, only that Morgana directly does not want to and it is related to her changes since she lost her magic. Morgana at that moment, it seems that having power scares her or that she feels so comfortable without it that when she has it she prefers to reject it when normally she would do the opposite.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-12-2024 at 07:16 AM.

I imagine Asgard would be like something of a power trip for Morgause, giving her so much she did not have originally and can now obtain for herself.

That mentality seems fitting for Amora especially with her dynamic with Thor now.

Ok, that does make sense. It's interesting that this cat senses so much that even before anyone else has learned the truth, the cat already has an idea about the relationship between Amora and Sylvie. And that Amora would stay away from the cat but the cat likes her for this reason.

That's what I figured she would do knowing her.
    Yes, which means that when Amora and Morgana throw Sylvie through the time vortex to get rid of Morgause, it's something that will end up backfiring on them because of everything that happens afterward, which something else smarter could have been done and was decided to go straight or to find out if Amora's theory could be true, which puts Amora as someone not so different from Morgause but with more empathy and at a point in the story where she acts different from her usual villainy. Morgause gets what she wants but not without effort, it is hard and difficult for her to do so and she has to be smarter than the others.

Yes, but it does not free Amora from bad decisions or terrible loses, in the end the defeats are what give more sense of humility than the victories and she must learn from them, her dynamic with Thor can help her to be forgiven and respected by him.

For this reason, Sylvie always thinks that she is a very special cat and that she notices and has curious attitudes, in addition to a loyalty and affection for her owner that is not very common in certain felines. These things make her smile and keep her company with emotional losses. or when she is angry.
    The cat has incredible senses and it is curious that she noticed a similar scent on both of them. It is possible that Amora had a similar feeling when she fought against Sylvie and looked into her eyes remembering her mother. The difference is that it seems that the cat seems have it clearer than Amora even if Sylvie is human and Amora an ancient asgardian goddess.

Yes, Morgause is ruthless and cruel but she has no choice in what she does because it is the key to her survival or rather her existence being in the ghost condition.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-12-2024 at 07:10 AM.

I definitely enjoy your full descriptions and characterizations. I'm amazed you are able to write so much especially since I remember you used to say that you would type this all up on your phone during your commute to work daily. As I've said before, I would never have suspected English isn't your first language. It's really not evident at all since you seem like such a natural.

Yes, the showrunner for X-Men '97 was fired right before the premiere but he's already written out S2. There's already a lot of people on social media saying he should be brought back so here's hoping Marvel reinstates him at some point. And I would like to see more animated shows given this same treatment as well, although I hope the MCU is kept out of it.

Yes, agreed. Quality > quantity always. Disney is starting to learn this lesson but I fear not enough.
    I appreciate it very much , I write so much because I can think of many ideas and by seeing and reviewing some things I try to fill in the gaps by explaining more of what happens, even in things with other characters that I mention but I don't say what happens with them. Sometimes I do it with my cell phone and other times, I wait to get home at the end of the work day and get on my laptop because on public transport, spending a lot of time in tunnels, the coverage does not work and automatic writing is horrendous because it gives more errors in writing than anything else and then it is not easy to edit. English is not my first language, it is Spanish, but I like to continue with this because it helps me learn and I really feel better by doing it.

I didn't know that, I watch little news lately because I'm too busy, but I'm glad that at least part of the second season is still written by him. Namely, with Marvel you never know, sometimes when they make a decision, then it sticks and there is hardly any turning back. I also wish it with this animation, Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four... it would be incredible to see them like this.

Let's hope it's true because things haven't been going too well lately.

True, I also remember when I started with this whole story last year that originally it was a way in which I saw how the origin of the Enchantress and her sister could be told, although explained in a different way focusing a little on their parents and little by little in the two of them, from what I think and imagine, Amora and Lorelei's mother is blonde and their father, redhead with braids and a big mustache, as well as impressive skill with different weapons, heroic, and with an overwhelming and charming personality and charisma that his daughters inherit and that It makes even his enemies smile even when defeated. I had already said that he was a squire of Odin and his brothers and that he began his path of heroism that later, thanks to an amnesiac and carefree Sylvie, becomes more evident with their union.

7) Yes, because honestly, I have been watching the current Strange Academy specials and I don't understand why Alvi is no longer seen there, at least what I propose would make sense. Lorelei's thing would be evident because Iric was impulsive and more sensitive than he showed, in addition to the fact that he was the typical boy who goes bad, in addition to the fact that he was more aligned with his mother and missed her while Alvi was more realistic about it and he knew what he was exposing himself if shows love for his mother to no matter how much he proudly did not want to see her.

Morgause is someone who constantly evolves since she first appears as Sylvie Lushton's friend in Broxton or when she witnesses the epic fight between Morgana and Lorelei at the beginning of the story before even everything that happened in Broxton with the case of the Sylvie's parents and her meeting with her while she was hungover and Sylvie need help from a genious she knew (Morgause was still a reincarnated human and did not have her memories of Camelot yet), which awakens something in her head and that is when her previous life in Camelot appears to her as if in a dream.

What happens with Morgause in Broxton is because of her pride, the fact that she is not yet ready, and her incredible experiments that give her enough abilities to take them away from her sister after curing her.

The possession thing is something that she tries for the first time when she sees her soul separate from her body when her sister Morgana shoots her and kills her. Not even she was sure it would work, but that ability, like her sister's magic, sHe never loses them and acquires new things, perhaps so that she can finally have her own body later, although in a way that even planning it would not have turned out well.

The blue hair thing is a side effect, Morgana could do that but it could not been her usual way to do things, unfortunately Sylvie is her guinea pig because Morgause would never have touched her sister Morgana and Amora wasn't even there.

Yes, Sylvie is not lucky but unfortunately the situation becomes too complicated and there are no other options, although Amora reveals that even if Sylvie had not been possessed by Morgause it is possible that she would have done the same thing, the difference is that then it would have been an evil act against an innocent and not an act of heroism to protect her family.

The forces within the time vortex are unknown and unpredictable, anything could happen there and they affect anyone who ends up there differently like a repressed desire for something that is strongly desired inside the mind of a person.

True, Sylvie's own variant has her own problems and insecurities as someone who knows the world for the first time and only knows what she knows without being entirely sure how to act even if she knows it.

Yes, although when it separates from Sylvie prime, who emerged from her as a variant, before taking different ways, they both stare at each other for a moment with curiosity without being sure of anything and with a certain surprise, although the Original Sylvie remembers her as a memory that was erased and realizes that she was the one who took her to home when she was totally lost at the beginning of the story, although the variant still doesn't know anything about that, when there was still no evidence of her existence and as something she decides she should do if she sees her again like a full circle for both though while Sylvie’s variant witnesses how the original one disappears, she goes for a door to the unknown, she notices Morgause evil essence in the air when is still struggling with the energies that are going towards her.

True, and it will end up being the union of all the kingdoms who are able to repair the damage, achieving what Lorelei wanted and appealing to the great pride of Asgard and its gods, defeating Morgause is not enough but it would help repair part of the anomaly.
    When you initially started this project as exploring Amora's family and origin, was Sylvie already part of it or did she came later?

7) I wonder why they aren't using Alvi anymore. There's something very tragic about Iric's story and losing him so soon.

Ah, that explains it that Morgause only starts to remember after meeting Sylvie.

Is Morgause's magic powerful enough at any point that she could recreate her body? I think of Jean and Betsy from the X-Men and how their telekinetics were strong enough to reconstruct their bodies when destroyed.

Hearing Amora explain that this could still have happened but with Sylvie committing an evil act against an innocent, it sounds like it was better off the way it did happen with her dying a hero.

Your explanation of the time vortex makes sense. And same with the part about the variant Sylvie's issues. It's interesting that the original Sylvie does remember her as a memory that was erased and which she lost at the beginning of the story.

Yes, it may not be enough to just defeat Morgause but it's certainly a step in the right direction to restore harmony.

Well, it is as they are in the story, Sigurd would not be so different from Lorelei, perhaps the fact that they are not married by Asgardian customs, have had children for a while and that he does not want to know anything about sitting on a throne, full Asgard of some rumors that are exaggerated and separate them a little, complicating life for the kingdom and for most of the people even in the way it is seen in other kingdoms leading Lorelei to impulsive attitudes that in normal circumstances would lead to wars that even Sif has difficulties in diplomacy to avoid them, later this will make more sense with the provocation of Sylvie's variant towards the Frost Giants or the great strength and power that Lorelei's own daughters show.

Yes, Amora feels guilty but she feels complete that at least she was right with Sylvie by giving her confidence and helping her even though the way to put it into practice was debatable and the consequences were not what she could have foreseen, such as the existence of a variant that emerged Out of nowhere, at least thanks to her sister and what happened with her niece, she knows that Sylvie really was her mother and that she put her on that path, in addition to finally knowing what they are facing.
    I don't know, but it would have been like a what if, when Lorelei and Morgana confront each other at the beginning of the story, there is no special reason, one simply finds themselves in the other's path and tries to thwart her plans of conquest, then A strange phenomenon occurs such as the time vortex that makes Lorelei take advantage of an advantage to defeat her and take her out of time towards the current era, the display of power of an incredibly angry Sylvie against Amora not too far away also has its part in this because it makes Morgana completely distracted and while she is torn from her time by Lorelei she sees a series of mysterious shadows that she does not recognize in any way, the time vortex crosses various timelines, at that moment, everything is blurred and later it would make its sense.
    The difference would have been that instead of Morgana it would have been Lorelei and the story would have taken a totally different turn because Morgana would not have lost her evil or the darkness in her heart and possibly Morgause would not have existed in the first place, which Lorelei and Morgana current friendship and changes attitude would have been something else.

In a way, Morgana is at a different point and something of a loose cannon, yes, Loki would consider it and the dynamic would not have been so different from what Loki had with Amora, only that Morgana directly does not want to and it is related to her changes since she lost her magic. Morgana at that moment, it seems that having power scares her or that she feels so comfortable without it that when she has it she prefers to reject it when normally she would do the opposite.
    I guess that explains some of the reasons why there are so many rumors about their separation, especially if being together with children but no marriage is considered something strange and unusual in Asgard.

It sounds like despite what guilt Amora may have felt from everything that happens to Sylvie over the years, she can rest assured that Sylvie did die a hero sacrificing herself to save her family. In this at least, Amora can get some closure.
    Are the mysterious shadows that Morgana sees that she does not recognize supposed to be people from various timelines briefly visible from the time vortex? Or something else entirely?
    Then that is a rather fundamental difference had it been Lorelei instead of Morgana in the original version. Morgana loses her redemption, Morgause does not exist any longer, and Lorelei and Morgana's friendship would be utterly different too. It's good it turned out the way it did then.

Yes, it makes sense that power would scare Morgana especially after the shock with Mjolnir and not wanting anything to do with it. I figured too that Loki would initially see Morgana as another Amora type he can utilize with maybe the added advantage that she is not from Asgard, the way Amora is, and thus easier to manipulate. But he has not accounted for Morgana not being as power-hungry as she was before.

Yes, which means that when Amora and Morgana throw Sylvie through the time vortex to get rid of Morgause, it's something that will end up backfiring on them because of everything that happens afterward, which something else smarter could have been done and was decided to go straight or to find out if Amora's theory could be true, which puts Amora as someone not so different from Morgause but with more empathy and at a point in the story where she acts different from her usual villainy. Morgause gets what she wants but not without effort, it is hard and difficult for her to do so and she has to be smarter than the others.

Yes, but it does not free Amora from bad decisions or terrible loses, in the end the defeats are what give more sense of humility than the victories and she must learn from them, her dynamic with Thor can help her to be forgiven and respected by him.

For this reason, Sylvie always thinks that she is a very special cat and that she notices and has curious attitudes, in addition to a loyalty and affection for her owner that is not very common in certain felines. These things make her smile and keep her company with emotional losses. or when she is angry.
    The cat has incredible senses and it is curious that she noticed a similar scent on both of them. It is possible that Amora had a similar feeling when she fought against Sylvie and looked into her eyes remembering her mother. The difference is that it seems that the cat seems have it clearer than Amora even if Sylvie is human and Amora an ancient asgardian goddess.

Yes, Morgause is ruthless and cruel but she has no choice in what she does because it is the key to her survival or rather her existence being in the ghost condition.
    Although there probably was a better alternative to stop Morgause then throwing Sylvie in the time vortex, it makes sense that with little opportunity to think or formulate a better plan, this was the only conceivable option in the heat of the moment. It's easier to think afterwards, when the battle is over, about what could have been done differently. And it makes sense that Amora would be linked more with Morgause the way Lorelei and Morgana are.

Yes, good take on how the defeats and losses are ultimately what put Amora in this position rather than the victories. She learns more from the losses.

In fact, this discussion of cats makes me wonder, are there cats in Asgard in the first place? If not, would they be viewed as strange creatures by Amora and the others? A rather human weakness to dote on an earthly pet?
    The cat probably can see it more clearly because it is not clouded by human emotions and biases.

Yes, in Morgause's case, there definitely would be no other alternate path for her which is part of the tragedy. She has no choice but to become this.