Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And let's not forget that Eddie Brock recently reincarnated himself as basically "a human symbiote" in this post-King in Black run, so that would make sense for Cletus, too.
    True, it is the simplest solution although I'd also give Cletus-Carnage mad OP regeneration abilities (a la Majin Buu from Dragon Ball), or maybe an absorption ability. Carnage ALWAYS needs to be freaky OP in one way or another amongst his kind, it is essential to his character lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-04-2024 at 07:16 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, it is the simplest solution although I'd also give Cletus-Carnage mad OP regeneration abilities (a la Majin Buu from Dragon Ball), or maybe an absorption ability. Carnage ALWAYS needs to be freaky OP in one way or another amongst his kind, it is essential to his character lol.
    Oh, yeah, and Majin Buu distilled to his pure essence just wanted to kill and kill and kill until there was no more to kill, so that would fit Cletus as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And let's not forget that Eddie Brock recently reincarnated himself as basically "a human symbiote" in this post-King in Black run, so that would make sense for Cletus, too.
    Isn't that what Cletus did in the last run? His Codex merged with the Extremebiote making him a human/symbiote hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by omegafix View Post
    Isn't that what Cletus did in the last run? His Codex merged with the Extremebiote making him a human/symbiote hybrid
    Yeah, technically, though it's more like he hijacked the Extrembiote and used its symbiotic shapeshifting abilities to mimic his old human appearance.

Fantastic Member

Carnage works fine as a bad guy who Spidey and Venom team up to fight every few years. He can't carry a book. There is a reason none of his books has ever gone past 25 issues. He is not a character you can root for because he is a truly evil monster with no redeeming qualities. And this whole "make him a god' angle not only does not work, but goes against what has been established about the character for over 30 years. Marvel really needs to stop trying to make fetch happen.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah I see it ending soon, which is fine I'll have them all
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Carnage works fine as a bad guy who Spidey and Venom team up to fight every few years. He can't carry a book. There is a reason none of his books has ever gone past 25 issues. He is not a character you can root for because he is a truly evil monster with no redeeming qualities. And this whole "make him a god' angle not only does not work, but goes against what has been established about the character for over 30 years. Marvel really needs to stop trying to make fetch happen.
    The one that lasted longest was the one by Gerry Conway, and that was about 15-16 issues. I think that one lasted as long as it did because it was smart enough to put the focus on the heroes trying to stop Carnage, such as they were. Kind of reminds me of how horror movie franchises will be titled after the villain/monster, but the focus in each installment is on those trying to survive against or stop the villain/monster.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Sorry but carnage is now venom’archenemy these days so that won’t happen anytime soon

I tried asking the writer on X about May Carnage issue but no response why thier wasnt a solit.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I tried asking the writer on X about May Carnage issue but no response why thier wasnt a solit.
    I enjoyed the previous run from last year, but this one just feels off to me. Characters like Carnage are so hard to really carry their own book and when he is not written so well it makes the story not that interesting.

Yeah I agree. I look at it this way if this one ends at leastbill have all issues lol. I just hope the wraps thr murder.plot nicely soon vs Flash
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I feel Ram V being signed for DC exclusivity completely fucked the Carnage books. He was clearly building up a storyline and it was at least consistent but his sudden leaving of the book mean other people had to pick up the slack and deal with plot-threads they have no interest in.

Like how Grønbekk here completely ignored everything involving Cletus still having the Extrembiote.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah I agree. I look at it this way if this one ends at leastbill have all issues lol. I just hope the wraps thr murder.plot nicely soon vs Flash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel Ram V being signed for DC exclusivity completely fucked the Carnage books. He was clearly building up a storyline and it was at least consistent but his sudden leaving of the book mean other people had to pick up the slack and deal with plot-threads they have no interest in.

Like how Grønbekk here completely ignored everything involving Cletus still having the Extrembiote.

In the last run, Ram V was doing a hell of a job with Carnage to make the story interesting. I am not sure what Grønbekk is even doing here and the story is just boring. At this point, they should just use Cletus/Carnage to tell stories in ASM/Miles/Venom books, without a good writer his character can't carry a story.

What is even more annoying is that we had the Death of the Venomverse and now we are back to it again with Venomverse Rebirth. Marvel is really starting to lose me with these stupid decisions they continue to make. Nobody is asking for both Edge and Venomverse universes to come back, just end them already and move forward. I wish they would have one mega event for all of these useless Spider characters and kill them all off. Just keep the popular ones and move forward.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    ..... Just keep the popular ones and move forward.
    The issue there is that someone else's minor character is another persons popular character.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The issue there is that someone else's minor character is another persons popular character.
    Pretty much this. Just because they're not the biggest or best or most important or most popular or whatever doesn't mean they're not someone's favorite.