Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think in rural areas or villages that would have been normal but that may also be a rather narrow-minded western perspective of eastern countries, riddled with propaganda.
    That's what I was thinking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think in rural areas or villages that would have been normal but that may also be a rather narrow-minded western perspective of eastern countries, riddled with propaganda.
    Maybe in the 19th century, certainly not in Soviet Russia.I agree with the propaganda assessment.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Brevoorts interview clearly indicates they're dropping Kate and going back to Kitty

I'm sure people will be normal about this

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Brevoorts interview clearly indicates they're dropping Kate and going back to Kitty

I'm sure people will be normal about this
    I always felt like the "Kate" thing was mostly just Duggan doing what he wanted to do, I feel like most people still think of her as Kitty.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

"Kitty" is too iconic to be replaced. You could say switching to "Kate" was her way to embrace adulthood... but then she didn't really do anything she hadn't done before Krakoa, so yes, I think that was just Gerry Duggan wanting to do something and being allowed to.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am looking forward to her becoming better in Exceptinal. She said no Xmen and i gope she just trsins thr nee kids with Emma. And i am glad shes Kity. I personall fid not like i am Kate every sentence. Or tatoo shaw on her knuckles or becoming Oguns Shadow Kat.
    X-Men Forever

As a Kitty fan I am a skeptical, the book just doesn't wow me. Her new look is bleh, but I can get over it if the story is good. A wait and see.

Art by legendary artists like...

Art Adams.

Paul Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always felt like the "Kate" thing was mostly just Duggan doing what he wanted to do, I feel like most people still think of her as Kitty.
    I always assumed it was because the nickname “Kitty” or “Kitten” has a sexual connotation nowadays lol. I hope you guys are right though, I could never get used to Kate. It’s like when DC tried to make Rick Grayson catch on. Some names are set in stone whether the company likes it or not, and trying to change them only annoys fans.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-08-2024 at 04:41 PM.

It was always just weird to me because she was using Kitty well into adulthood so why even bother to change it now? To seem more "serious" and "mature?" She felt like she was having a mid-life crisis half the time .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To me the Kate/Katherine name change was always Emma recognising her as an adult woman...with Emma's formal respect...speaking to/treating as such. Yes, "Kitty" is iconic but it is also a tad childish nickname, which is something Emma doesn't do. I'm okies with everyone else calling her Kitty but I also like Kate and I like Emma referring to her as Kate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To me the Kate/Katherine name change was always Emma recognising her as an adult woman...with Emma's formal respect...speaking to/treating as such. Yes, "Kitty" is iconic but it is also a tad childish nickname, which is something Emma doesn't do. I'm okies with everyone else calling her Kitty but I also like Kate and I like Emma referring to her as Kate.
    I think it's fine for Emma to call her that, just not her de-facto name.

Though I do wonder if they're going to keep "Shadowkat" instead of "Shadowcat."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Her name is Katherine Pryde. Kitty is a nick-name.

Going by the premise of EXM...she may have given up the code name entirely, at least at first. But I don't see her using "ShadowKat" ever again as that clearly has some very bad memories attached to it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was always just weird to me because she was using Kitty well into adulthood so why even bother to change it now? To seem more "serious" and "mature?" She felt like she was having a mid-life crisis half the time .
    Though, she was called Kate in DOFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know about Kitty being a childish nickname as there have been adult women with that name. And they weren't even nicknames. One being the wife of a presidential candidate.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Art by legendary artists like...

Art Adams.

To the utmost, I agree.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."