Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Art by legendary artists like...

Paul Smith.

Awesome! Even after all these years, he's still got it...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am looking forward to her becoming better in Exceptinal. She said no Xmen and i gope she just trsins thr nee kids with Emma. And i am glad shes Kity. I personall fid not like i am Kate every sentence. Or tatoo shaw on her knuckles or becoming Oguns Shadow Kat.
    Plz try to pay attention to what you're writing.

EXCEPTIONAL Kitty Costume variant cover assessments.
    Not much of a statement design as much as a "she's back to Kitty" ensemble and infinitely preferable than her going back to the training colors. I've long been of the mind that Pryde just needed her own colors rather than a visual overhaul overall...
    Not sure about the hip high boots...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not much of a statement design as much as a "she's back to Kitty" ensemble and infinitely preferable than her going back to the training colors. I've long been of the mind that Pryde just needed her own colors rather than a visual overhaul overall...
    I really enjoyed her ninja Shadowcat look but this also works very well for me.

I agree. The training colors are so generic and she needed her classic Shadowcat colors again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really enjoyed her ninja Shadowcat look but this also works very well for me.
    Same here. Hopefully, it'll be brought back someday...

X-MEN:EVOLUTION Shadowcat (who should have been "Sprite") influence appreciated!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

X-MEN:EVOLUTION Shadowcat (who should have been "Sprite") influence appreciated!
    I have wanted Kitty to get a blue costume inspired by Evolution for ages, but her Exceptional look really needs some yellow accents to break all that blue. And those boots are not working.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This costume looks much better under different artists. I don't like the 'evo' inspired ponytail, though. I was never a big fan of the shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I always assumed it was because the nickname “Kitty” or “Kitten” has a sexual connotation nowadays lol. I hope you guys are right though, I could never get used to Kate. It’s like when DC tried to make Rick Grayson catch on. Some names are set in stone whether the company likes it or not, and trying to change them only annoys fans.
    I assumed it was a reference to Days of Future Past. Which established just after Kitty's debut that she'd eventually be known as Kate!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To me the Kate/Katherine name change was always Emma recognising her as an adult woman...with Emma's formal respect...speaking to/treating as such. Yes, "Kitty" is iconic but it is also a tad childish nickname, which is something Emma doesn't do. I'm okies with everyone else calling her Kitty but I also like Kate and I like Emma referring to her as Kate.
    Emma doesn't do nicknames, period. She always calls Iron Man "Anthony", not Tony. So she's Katherine to her. If she starts calling her Kitty, it'd be out of character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This costume looks much better under different artists. I don't like the 'evo' inspired ponytail, though. I was never a big fan of the shoe.
    TBH, it makes no difference. But, that one episode (for a brief moment) where she didn't have the ponytail will always be my favorite

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-16-2024 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I don't like the ponytail either. I never felt it suited 616 Kitty. Evolution made it a thing and the comics and movies followed suit.