Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Hollywood walk of fame for Zee!

Well I'm yearn for action pose for Zatanna. I like Your ide about Zee's death-defying arc plus the Magician props. Sword box seems a good starter
    Yeah. I can't seem to find it, but I remember I saved a beautiful piece of art of a hypnotized Wonder Woman about to put a bound and gagged Zatanna in a metal tank full of milk. It was like a homage to one of the Houdini's escape artist acts.

I wish some artists who do these variant cover would do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Yeah. I can't seem to find it, but I remember I saved a beautiful piece of art of a hypnotized Wonder Woman about to put a bound and gagged Zatanna in a metal tank full of milk. It was like a homage to one of the Houdini's escape artist acts.

I wish some artists who do these variant cover would do something similar.

Found it. Sorry, I forgot it was by a kink artist on deviantart. But this guy had a great idea on how Zatanna covers should be like (without the kinky bondage stuff). Using props from stage magician acts and adding some drama to it. It makes the readers look at the cover at least twice.

Your idea about stage Magician act made me wonder about Houdini poster. I think he got some whacky cool poster that artist could take inspiration for Zatanna's cover or even action in the story

This one could be about Zatanna and her rogue, Gorgonus

Your idea about stage Magician act made me wonder about Houdini poster. I think he got some whacky cool poster that artist could take inspiration for Zatanna's cover or even action in the story

This one could be about Zatanna and her rogue, Gorgonus

Yeah but the artist needs to go a step further. Houdini inspired posters are cool but add something to it to make it relate to Zatanna.

Zatanna adds superheroism and comic book drama to a stage magician's world of theater and prestidigitation.

The middle one is terrific.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-10-2024 at 10:58 AM.

I was looking at some of her old appearances in adventure comics and came across a story where the narrator called her "SAUCY SORCERESS" in a panel where she is performing for a bunch of kids.

When I first read it a few years ago, I felt digusted but now that I look at it again I find it very amusing. Its unique and nobody else would use such outdated titles. I wouldn't mind if writers started using it again seriously.

There's some ZATANNA magic poster inspired art out there. Perhaps not as antagonist specific as an issue cover.
    JH Williams III would be killer at doing an entire interior story in magic poster art style...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    There's some ZATANNA magic poster inspired art out there. Perhaps not as antagonist specific as an issue cover.
    JH Williams III would be killer at doing an entire interior story in magic poster art style...
    Oh I love that Egyptian Theatre poster.
    Have been seeing some JH Williams III art, man he is the one that does Sandman book art heh. His art does feel so dreamy. Also surprised it's him that drew the Batwoman book

I really wanna find out how Tom King sees Zatanna. His wonder woman backup will feature Zatanna next week. It's supposed to be childish and funny but Tom King is the best writer in DC right now and I hope he enjoys writing her enough that he uses her in his other stories.

The synopsis just says "Trinity lets the dogs out". Zatanna might just be in a panel or two.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-14-2024 at 04:54 AM.

I really wanna find out how Tom King sees Zatanna. His wonder woman backup will feature Zatanna next week. It's supposed to be childish and funny but Tom King is the best writer in DC right now and I hope he enjoys writing her enough that he uses her in his other stories.

The synopsis just says "Trinity lets the dogs out". Zatanna might just be in a panel or two.
    I thought it was out this week xd. Tom King now has a new book with Jenny Spark, I wonder how writer name could boost the sale.

I was looking at some of her old appearances in adventure comics and came across a story where the narrator called her "SAUCY SORCERESS" in a panel where she is performing for a bunch of kids.

When I first read it a few years ago, I felt digusted but now that I look at it again I find it very amusing. Its unique and nobody else would use such outdated titles. I wouldn't mind if writers started using it again seriously.
    Surprised You like that one. The title does scream silver age era like The Flash "Sultan of Speed" xd. If I write about Zatanna, I would give her "Restitutor Orbis" title

Also Zatanna appeared on Superman #17