Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I really like the combo of gold and a lighter shade of blue for Nubia's overall 'brand'.

QUEEN NUBIA 6.jpgDear DC can we get a Nubia Ongoing or another Mini or even ad her into the JSA.

Incredible Member

Do people like Nubia?

I ask this honestly. She got a big push into the spotlight recently after decades of being a D-list WW supporting character. Have people enjoyed how she's been used?

I like the covers with her and have no issue with a fresh Amazonian face getting some love, but I never hear any buzz around the character or interest. She's just....there.

But maybe I'm missing something LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Do people like Nubia?

I ask this honestly. She got a big push into the spotlight recently after decades of being a D-list WW supporting character. Have people enjoyed how she's been used?

I like the covers with her and have no issue with a fresh Amazonian face getting some love, but I never hear any buzz around the character or interest. She's just....there.

But maybe I'm missing something LOL.
    You likely won’t hear any buzz around until she appears in media outside of comics.

Incredible Member

Artemis provoked discussion in the 90s. Yara provoked discussion too more recently.

Nubia...seems not to have. That's why I'm asking. Maybe I missed the reactions and now conversation around her has just died down or something. Or maybe there wasn't much to say since her return and it seems like she is neither enjoyed nor disliked.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Artemis provoked discussion in the 90s. Yara provoked discussion too more recently.

Nubia...seems not to have. That's why I'm asking. Maybe I missed the reactions and now conversation around her has just died down or something. Or maybe there wasn't much to say since her return and it seems like she is neither enjoyed nor disliked.
    They were brand new then. Nubia is 50 years old.

People like her well enough. Making her Queen may have limited her to a degree though.

With no big group titles where she can feature regularly she simply isn't getting much exposure