Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Spoilers for the Dr. Strange tie-in

spoilers:
    Blade is DEFINITELY possessed by Varnae. We see him turn Strange and battle Clea to a stalemate. In this fight he's shown to know enough magic to block Clea's spells and then fights her with Atlantean swords that can cut through magic. So we're essentially seeing the most evil form of Blade, using his full vampirism and Varnae's knowledge of magic to take over the world.

I saw some people online wondering if Blade was a double agent here but there's no way thats the case. We know he knows a little bit of magic, but not enough to stalemate someone like Clea with magic use
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given how Blade talks in the Dr. Strange issue about how this event was planned for thousands of years and having all this ancient lost knowledge and magic suddenly at his disposal the story sets up pretty well that he's being possessed. My guess is that by tapping more into his vampiric dark side, it's made Blade more susceptible to outside influences; especially those related to the Darkhold. And given Adana's fixation on watching Blade tap more into his dark side I'm guessing she might have had a hand in this as well. Like she knew this was going to happen all along or something.
    end of spoilers

I guess at least they went big and swung for the fences and committed to really expanding the reach of the story. I still have trauma from when Bishop was written to be evil out of nowhere and after years of building some good things, it took forever to get him back....and he still ain't been the same.

I’m quite convinced this is the work of Varnae. The repeated references to Old Atlantis catch my attention. Plus, “Blade” keeps talking about how long he’s been planning this.

Mighty Member

Exactly, I don't think Jed is even trying to hide it