Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't even know what race Snow White beyond the fact that she's supposed to have "skin as white as snow, blood red lips and jet black hair. There are very few people that actually have snow white skin and jet black and are caucasian. There are some Asians and Hispanics that fit the bill more than a lot of Western and Northern Europeans.

So really, the complaints here arent about the visual conformity, it's more about them trying to twist the narrative to fit their pre-existing bigotry. Rachel Zegler isn't even biracial, her mother is a white Hispanic and her father is Polish. It's literally a white actress playing a white character.
    I've seen a number. She's German, or at least the story was.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Its 4. Detective is part 1, die hard is part 2, die hard 2 is ironic part 3 and vengeance is 4.

Heck they even have some boxsets of die hard with the detective in it.
    That is the dumbest thing ever, Sinatra contract and all that but sure go with Vengeance as 3. No one and I mean no one considers Detective a John McClane Die Hard film.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

About number four movies, John Wick Chapter 4 made more box office than the previous movie, being a better movie, and Insidious: The Last Key made more than Chapter 3 (and The Red Door afterwards in turn made more, Insidious might live in the shadow of the Conjuring franchise within the horror genre but they were rather successful).

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Meet Joe Black....

What people forget about the late 90's when trashing modern films is how terrible big budget films where. The year before the big movie was Godzilla
    The MATRIX also came out a bit before TPM and might have had the second trailer attached to it I think (The one with Jar-Jar's voice reveal, which the South Park movie quickly included a few months later) although the movie of course kind of stole a bit of the Star Wars momentum and hype. Also took home the FX Oscar I think.

'98 did have a lot of awful movies although one or two gems, such as Mask of Zorro, Blade etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-09-2024 at 09:48 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I don't even know what race Snow White beyond the fact that she's supposed to have "skin as white as snow, blood red lips and jet black hair. There are very few people that actually have snow white skin and jet black and are caucasian. There are some Asians and Hispanics that fit the bill more than a lot of Western and Northern Europeans.

So really, the complaints here arent about the visual conformity, it's more about them trying to twist the narrative to fit their pre-existing bigotry. Rachel Zegler isn't even biracial, her mother is a white Hispanic and her father is Polish. It's literally a white actress playing a white character.
    That doesn't even cover a fraction why many fans don't want Rachel or her crap remake. (Seriously tired of people using the race card as an excuse for bad behavior)

It was her comments that got her in hot water. She was beyond disrespectful

“We absolutely wrote a ‘Snow White’ that ... she’s not going to be saved by the prince, and she’s not going to be dreaming about true love; she’s going to be dreaming about becoming the leader she knows she can be and that her late father told her that she could be if she was fearless, fair, brave and true.”

D23 Expo was also scrutinized on social media. In the sound bite, Zegler told Extra TV that there’s a big focus on Snow White’s love story in the original film “with a guy who literally stalks her.” She called that part of the story “weird” and said they “didn’t do that this time.”

- We all know what this means regarding a female lead in today's modern movies. You seriously want to turn Walt's Vision of Snow White into one of those?

"We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people will assume is a love story just because we cast a guy in the movie," she said. "It's really not about the love story at all, which is really, really wonderful."

- For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Love Story. Being in love doesn't make the 'Strong Independent Woman' weak in any way.

She joked that all the scenes featuring Prince Charming “could get cut,” adding: “Who knows? It’s Hollywood, baby.”

- So its funny that your co-worker's part was removed? He's an actor trying to find work like you.

And finally she admitted she watched Snow White once and never watched it again. Overall, she has a terrible attitude, not only doesn't appreciate the movie, but disrespects it. Without Walt's Snow White, Disney wouldn't even exist.

That is why people are not happy with her
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-09-2024 at 11:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    That doesn't even cover a fraction why many fans don't want Rachel or her crap remake. (Seriously tired of people using the race card as an excuse for bad behavior)

“We absolutely wrote a ‘Snow White’ that ... she’s not going to be saved by the prince, and she’s not going to be dreaming about true love; she’s going to be dreaming about becoming the leader she knows she can be and that her late father told her that she could be if she was fearless, fair, brave and true.”

D23 Expo was also scrutinized on social media. In the sound bite, Zegler told Extra TV that there’s a big focus on Snow White’s love story in the original film “with a guy who literally stalks her.” She called that part of the story “weird” and said they “didn’t do that this time.”

- We all know what this means regarding a female lead in today's modern movies. You seriously want to turn Walt's Vision of Snow White into one of those?

"We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people will assume is a love story just because we cast a guy in the movie," she said. "It's really not about the love story at all, which is really, really wonderful."

- For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Love Story. Being in love doesn't make the 'Strong Independent Woman' weak in any way.

She joked that all the scenes featuring Prince Charming “could get cut,” adding: “Who knows? It’s Hollywood, baby.”

- So its funny that your co-worker's part was removed? He's an actor trying to find work like you.

And finally she admitted she watched Snow White once and never watched it again. Overall, she has a terrible attitude, not only doesn't appreciate the movie, but disrespects it. Without Walt's Snow White, Disney wouldn't even exist.

Yeah, Zegler has made some very "interesting" comments.

But her casting has also been questioned because of her race(?).

Both things are true in this case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Meet Joe Black....

What people forget about the late 90's when trashing modern films is how terrible big budget films where. The year before the big movie was Godzilla
    Exactly.

There was some hot garbage coming out back in the day.

Even on the superhero side, who can forget complete crap like Steel, Spawn, and Batman & Robin.

Astonishing Member

I barely read actor interviews and I assume a lot of the teeming paying millions do the same. I really don't think that matters if there are no charges. Let's bring up "bad behavior" when the new Bad Boys movie comes out, that's the real question mark.

And I'm rooting for the Twisters movie. I think it's a better idea than a new Gladiator, depending on what that trailer looks like.

Exactly.

There was some hot garbage coming out back in the day.

Even on the superhero side, who can forget complete crap like Steel, Spawn, and Batman & Robin.
    Spawn was great

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Spawn was great
    To each their own I guess

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

So it’s been a minute since I last watched Snow White, but I don’t remember the prince being stalker? Didn’t he not even appear till the end and didn’t even have a name? I wouldn’t call it a love story either. A coming of age story maybe? Leaving home (forcibly, because your stepmother is trying to kill you, lol) getting job (housekeeper for bunch of singing dwarves, hey, it’s honest work. ) and then getting married to a guy with no name, lol. The dwarves were the best part and got top billing, so no never a ‘love story’ to begin with.

Sources tell us that 20th Century Studios‘ Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes is off to a good start with previews around $6.5M. That’s comprised of Thursday night money which began accruing at 3PM and around $1.6M from Wednesday fan shows that began at 7PM.

We’ll know tomorrow AM if it’s the best Thursday night ever for an Apes movie besting 2017’s War for the Planet of the Apes which did $5M on its preview night before a $22.1M Friday and $56.2M opening. This Wes Ball directed PG-13 sequel takes place 300 years after the events of Matt Reeves’ War for the Planet of the Apes.
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/box-off...es-1235911118/

I saw $7M previews banked and $50-55M forecast for the weekend this morning. Decent WoM, too.

The director is helming Zelda, too, so lots of eyes on this movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    So it’s been a minute since I last watched Snow White, but I don’t remember the prince being stalker? Didn’t he not even appear till the end and didn’t even have a name? I wouldn’t call it a love story either. A coming of age story maybe? Leaving home (forcibly, because your stepmother is trying to kill you, lol) getting job (housekeeper for bunch of singing dwarves, hey, it’s honest work. ) and then getting married to a guy with no name, lol. The dwarves were the best part and got top billing, so no never a ‘love story’ to begin with.
    Why would Snow White want to marry a guy she doesn't even know, just because he woke her up with a kiss? Name a girl you know who was willing to marry a guy who had claimed her first kiss. Hardly a love story that you want to tell young girls.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Why would Snow White want to marry a guy she doesn't even know, just because he woke her up with a kiss? Name a girl you know who was willing to marry a guy who had claimed her first kiss. Hardly a love story that you want to tell young girls.
    Exactly, and this is why the story has been altered in recent adaptations.