Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

It is plausible that her being involved in Absolute Power was the plan all along.

Extraordinary Member

Did any tie-ins come out today?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

At the very least with the recent reveal of this week's Batman, Absolute Power might provide us with an opportunity to have spoilers:
    Superman kick Batman's ass. As its revealed that the Amazo robots will be piloted by the minds of multiversal Zur-En-Arrh's. Which yeah this means the story is a repeat of Dark Knights Metal but with robots.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did any tie-ins come out today?
    We did not have any HoB tie-ins this week. Next week is where we'll be getting part 3 of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At the very least with the recent reveal of this week's Batman, Absolute Power might provide us with an opportunity to have spoilers:
    Superman kick Batman's ass. As its revealed that the Amazo robots will be piloted by the minds of multiversal Zur-En-Arrh's. Which yeah this means the story is a repeat of Dark Knights Metal but with robots.
    end of spoilers

We did not have any HoB tie-ins this week. Next week is where we'll be getting part 3 of the arc.
    I’m actually more favorably disposed towards AP now. The one missed opportunity of Metal imo was that we didn’t get to see the Leaguers actually formulate a way to beat the evil Batmen. They won because of Deus Ex Machina magic armor. Here we get to see the Batmen all powered up which presumably means the Leaguers are going to have to formulate prep time schemes to take the Amazos down. I hope Supes is up against the Frank Miller Zur and gets to take him down
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We got previews for the next parts of House of Brainiac, showing the beginnings of both part 3 and part 4 as well as Power Girl's issue

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/08/dc...iac-crossover/

Though if ya want to go blind, you shouldn't look at the part 4 preview since it has some pretty significant pages

The Luthor-Brainiac team live again!

How will Conner and Kara get themselves out of this jam?

Another solid issue, probably the best so far, some fun unexpected cameos and it's nice to see Kara given some shine, I get the sense Williamson trying to reinvent Brainiac (and possibly Lobo?) and move them past the usual shtick they've been stuck doing for the past few decades now and it's intriguing to see where it's all going, hopefully it can stick the landing but either way this event been fun all the same with some really nice art.

Continues to be a good read. Supergirl in particular shines here, leading the resistance against Brainiac and also nabbing Lex. Her bravado and glee while jumping off with Lex despite having no powers was hilarious. Livewire made me laugh too, “I’ve finally snapped”, she needs to get her own arc. Space Cabbie appearance! Curse Lobo's sudden but inevitable betrayal, but I wager his real plan is simply to take control of the Czarnians and then do his own thing. Oh and we get Brainiac 2 in the backups! Glad Williamson acknowledged him. Both Sandoval and Mendonca brought their A-game for this issue.

Wish the two of them could draw Superman forever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Space Cabbie !

This is such a fun story, its so enjoyable.

Also Mendonca's art is great, glad they picked a quality artist to work alongside Sandoval.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    This is such a fun story, its so enjoyable.

Also Mendonca's art is great, glad they picked a quality artist to work alongside Sandoval.
    Yeah the art has been pretty top notch, Mendonca is a great one. My only (somewhat minor) gripe is that Kara’s hair looks like it’s straight out of the ‘90s (imo anyway). Also, I def want to know more about her date.

But yeah, overall I’ve really enjoyed the story thus far.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah the art has been pretty top notch, Mendonca is a great one. My only (somewhat minor) gripe is that Kara’s hair looks like it’s straight out of the ‘90s (imo anyway). Also, I def want to know more about her date.

But yeah, overall I’ve really enjoyed the story thus far.
    At least it ain't straight out of the 80s

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    At least it ain't straight out of the 80s
    lol, true enough.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Superman #14 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artists: Rafa Sandoval and Miguel Mendonca

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman #14 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artists: Rafa Sandoval and Miguel Mendonca

Looks like a good Superman vs Lobo fight .