Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jurassic park 7

If she did survive Raptors I'm kind of reminded of the Jurassic Park comics where Muldoon resurfaced and the explanation was he was "playing" with the Raptors and had tamed them like Chris Pratt's Owen.

The Topps Comics were kind of an alternate sequel, where instead of sticking to their NDAs like in canon (except Malcolm) Grant, Ellie, Malcolm and later Muldoon went after Raptors that escaped the island, and then later on returned to Jurassic Park to discover that there was some government experiment going on (Which was never resolved because the comic was cancelled).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

If she did survive Raptors I'm kind of reminded of the Jurassic Park comics where Muldoon resurfaced and the explanation was he was "playing" with the Raptors and had tamed them like Chris Pratt's Owen.

The Topps Comics were kind of an alternate sequel, where instead of sticking to their NDAs like in canon (except Malcolm) Grant, Ellie, Malcolm and later Muldoon went after Raptors that escaped the island, and then later on returned to Jurassic Park to discover that there was some government experiment going on (Which was never resolved because the comic was cancelled).
    Man, I have all those comics!

IIRC Muldoon just randomly appears the first time to help Ellie and is like, "Surprise! I'm alive!"

I really liked the annual with the dilophosaurus story.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She could be running Dark Jurassic after her experience?

Be a Hell of a turn!
    You may have stumbled onto the twist early!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Englehart wrote the majority of the comics, I think.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

As one of the few people looking forward to JP7 I'm not sure about the casting of Scarlet Johansson. I'm not her biggest fan. I mean she at least learned she can do action so her running away from Dino's should not be a problem but I'm not sure she can pull off any of the science and technobabble. Anyway, I will still give it a try. I love me some dino's.

She does a lot of kind of deadpan approach to things which sometimes works. It sort of was how Grant came across at times in his three films. Also Claire when she started out but that was kind of the point.

Thing is she can do more emotional roles but she's kind of become typecast as the colder action heroine badass type.

She does a lot of kind of deadpan approach to things which sometimes works. It sort of was how Grant came across at times in his three films. Also Claire when she started out but that was kind of the point.

Thing is she can do more emotional roles but she's kind of become typecast as the colder action heroine badass type.
    I don't think she's typecasted ...

Scarlett has quite the range. She is, as I stated earlier, WAY too good and expensive to get for a franchise. Which surprised me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-04-2024 at 08:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Though her hair always looked pretty black.
    Could be a lighting thing with the original cartoon. Will agree that I like this new look better.

I always felt like BrooklynnxKenji actually had decent build up from the get-go since they tended to hang out/banter off each other as much as Sammy or Yaz did (well, either that or BrookylnxDarius).
    Never did see Brooklynn and Darius as an option for a couple, so was never into that theory in the first place (and still really don't see it period). Actually, kinda thought the two counselors came across more like an old married couple than most of the other popular fan theory ships and seemed more believable than Kenji/Brooklynn ever did to me, if that makes any sense. That said, I do recall that Kenji was hitting on Brooklynn during the first season, so I'll concede it didn't come out of nowhere, but think it was undercooked in execution. Couldn't find any interviews from the showrunners on how this plot thread came to be, so I'm not sure if it was planned from the beginning or improvised as the series went on.

I'd make the case that Sammy/Yaz had better writing behind it (more effort in the dynamics that drew them together) and a lot character beats early on made sense in retrospect to that payoff (Yaz's sense of betrayal when it came out that Sammy was a mole in season one and everything involving Sammy getting poisoned and Yaz risking her life to get the meds -- up to and including the whole "breaking things off out of fear it wouldn't work and regretting it afterwards" were heavily coded to common love story tropes). Mileage may vary.

I know this show never showed any bodies, but...
    So long as they establish there was a body, we don't have to see it. I mean, the original series managed from pretty nasty deaths while staying within TV-PG. At this point, the only way I could her death being a fake out would be if the bad guys kidnapped her and faked her death, or she escaped and faked it herself. I don't see any reason to believe they're going to pull such a twist, but, so far, nothing to prove they won't, either.

Was able to find those in trades. Really liked them, even if I wish that the raptors hadn't taken up so much of the series. Kinda interesting how many ideas from it also popped up in the new movies. IDW did some comics, too, that were an alternate sequel to the original trilogy, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Very early in production of the fourth film they were considering Dino-human hybrids (the basic concept of which-mixing Dinosaur DNA with other Dinosaurs/other creatures apart from of course the frog DNA-made it to the final film with the Indominus).

It's also kind of based on a hypothetical/"Thought experiment" by Dale A. Russel, that if Dinosaurs did not go extinct they might have eventually evolved into human-like creatures. Specifically, the Troodon (Although nowadays it's been re-classed as a Stenychosaurus) which has more 'brain space' than the average Dinosaur (Probably roughly equivalent to a Parrot, maybe).

If you've seen Christopher Reeve's Dinosaur special documentary in the 80's (Which itself is a proto-JP of sorts as it features some great effects by Phil Tippet) it's featured in one of the segments. It has some similarities to the Sleestak from Land of the Lost and the alien from SIGNS.

Reeve's reaction is great: "Dinosaur-Man. Well, I'm glad I don't look like that!....but what I'm not happy about is....they're gone."
    Could lead to a crossover with Planet of The Apes!

Regarding the comics and not-bodied death, the IDW series also brought back Peter Ludow, revealing that he messed up Tim Murphy's "safe" Jurassic Park.

He was badly scarred by the T-rex infant though, not scratch-less like Muldoon....

Regarding the comics and not-bodied death, the IDW series also brought back Peter Ludow, revealing that he messed up Tim Murphy's "safe" Jurassic Park.

He was badly scarred by the T-rex infant though, not scratch-less like Muldoon....
    The series also retconned him being Hammond's nephew. Might've been a weak arc, but it sure went places.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

New Jurassic World Film to Be Shot in Maltahttps://www.filmneweurope.com/news/m...-shot-in-malta

That 40% cash rebate explains to me at least, how they landed ScarJo.

Along with perhaps the Dino black market, wonder if they'll also have Chaos Theory tie in, like the last season or so of Camp Cretaceous featuring Dodgson.

Although you'd think Kenji at least would've warned people that this Dodgson guy might be a little shady. Maybe that'll be brought up in the show, which after all had events happen concurrently with Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom (The retrieval of the Irex tooth) despite the animated series being made years later.

Card title appears to be Jurassic World 4.

Manuel Garcia-Rulfo has been cast as a lead per Deadline. The co-lead is ScarJo.

Bailey and Co are supporting.

John Mathieson of Hannibal, Logan, Kingdom of Heaven, and Gladiator fame will be director of photography.

Variety says Sky Studios is prepping for shoots soon. Same with Thailand per casting call.

Frontier is allegedly being consulted for aesthetics and game visual continuity.

It was also noted on both sources again that the Malta location as TWO HUGE WATER tanks for SFX and underwater shoots.

Perhaps in addition to having a different visual look, will we be getting a more Jaws take?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-14-2024 at 01:25 PM.