Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Young Avengers Appreciation 2024

I just realized there isn't a 2024 appreciation thread. Not to worry! I'm here to fix it. The end of 2023 setup a potential Young Avengers team for the MCU. It'll likely be a hybrid with the Champions team. So lets hope that 2024 will see a good showing for the Young Avengers with hopefully a reunion and Volume 3 run. Also long lost member Elijah Bradley aka Patriot is returning this year in "Marvel's Voices: Legends #1" and Tommy aka Speed is teased for a appearance in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. So already that's good news especially for two very underused members.

detail.jpg

This is like my favorite YA cover.

I'm surprised we didn't have one yet! Good job, ComicNoobie .

Good timing too. Marvel Voices Legends is out today, and as mentioned in the first post, Patriot is in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/26/ma...s-legends-1-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

David also has a starring role in Dead X-Men #1! Good week for YA stans considering we also have confirmation from the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver artist that Tommy will be in issue #3!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    David also has a starring role in Dead X-Men #1! Good week for YA stans considering we also have confirmation from the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver artist that Tommy will be in issue #3!
    Avengers Inc #5 mentioned Speed Demon as being the fourth fastest man alive. I guess the three above him are Quicksilver, Northstar, and Speed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I got to see the Eli comic. My thoughts on his grand return?

spoilers:
    I liked it for what it was. A tease of Eli returning as Patriot. This felt like a sequel to what Eli was going through in his Young Avengers: Presents story. And they had flashbacks of him getting advice from T'Challa, Sam and Steve who were urging him back to being a hero. Of those interactions my favorite was Steve. Obviously Eli and Steve have actual history but I'm glad they remembered it.

I also really enjoyed his fight with Crossbones, a more experienced opponent for Patriot to battle. The ending reminded me of his fight with Mr. Hyde where he went berserker mode on him. Only this time he was able to stop himself from going to far on his own when seeing the kids. It also helped that he wasn't juiced up. But overall a nice story and I hope we see Patriot land somewhere after this. I would love to see him team up with Captain Falcon and get a updated look.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good timing too. Marvel Voices Legends is out today, and as mentioned in the first post, Patriot is in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/26/ma...s-legends-1-2/
    I never understood why out of the whole team he was one that got plucked out and pushed aside. Just odd when you consider that a cap type has always lead an Avengers type squad, okay well most of the time.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I never understood why out of the whole team he was one that got plucked out and pushed aside. Just odd when you consider that a cap type has always lead an Avengers type squad, okay well most of the time.
    There seems to be a prevailing theory that there's actual behind the scenes legal issues that either prevent him from appearing prominently (or Marvel is being cheap and/or petty and choosing not to include him bc of those legal issues).

We have evidence that Anthony Oliveira wanted to write him, but when given a list of YA members he was allowed to use for Paradox Lost, Eli wasn't included. So ultimately no one knows, but hopefully with the MCU ramping up YA stuff, they'll include him more.

Agreed on Eli. I hope we get to see more of him in the future if his use in Marvel Voices is anything to go by. I want to see him interact with Cap Sam and hopefully get a updated suit. His Patriot look is iconic but a upgrade in the modern age wouldn't hurt. At least in the shield department.

In other news Cassie Lang/Stinger made a very surprise appearance in Avengers Inc #5. And she channeled my greatest Marvel wish by spoilers:
    Yelling Ant-Vengers Assemble. Their first battle cry!
    end of spoilers So that's David, Eli, and now Cassie making appearances in 2024 with Tommy on the way. Keep it going Marvel