Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to pictures and videos online , Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper was not happy with a local restaurant who had a sign up asking him to let the Coaches and GM pick the players this year.

Tepper is seen disrespecting the guy there. Who basically shows Tepper the same level and puts his hat back on.

Gawd that guy is such thin-skinned piece of crap prick.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So far the Rams picks have not wowed me. Donald is gone, so we got an edge rusher in the first round and his FSU DT teammate. Interesting tactic.

Then another defender and the last an RB.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in reading KC may have selected Travis Kelce’s future replacement in the 4th rd. Jared Wiley from TCU …a 6’6 250 guy…

In a video Veach and the Chiefs owner call this kid and tell him…your gonna be a Chief. I get the sense that Veach is thinking…I may have picked up a steal here if what we see pans out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Honestly I think the Raiders had a solid draft, even though they were screwed over when Atlanta drafted Penix. But oh well.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

New Orleans drafted Rattler in the 4th or 5th rd. Who if developed , he could be their long term guy after Derek Carr. There was some knocks on Rattler as one analyst claimed that , with his team down...he tried to force things and go deep too much. Few other things. But he could be a guy to watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, yeah, my Eagles picked LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr., son of the famed Birds linebacker yesterday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Dallas has brought back Ezekiel Elliott after a season away. Elliott will get a good chance to lead Dallas as he’s part of a RB room that doesn’t have a pure #1 right now.

He also is 1100 yards away from 10,000 career rushing yards.

As a Pats fan I am happy with the draft on our end. Good moves with the picks we had. Needed a running back but hoping they can figure that out. Bazooka Joe could be fun to watch and it will be interesting between him and Maye how this works out. Progress them both slow that's all I'm asking. Both wide receivers have potential.

Go Pats
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dallas has brought back Ezekiel Elliott after a season away. Elliott will get a good chance to lead Dallas as he’s part of a RB room that doesn’t have a pure #1 right now.

He also is 1100 yards away from 10,000 career rushing yards.
    Really? That's hilarious! Does Elliott have anything left in the tank? And does anyone think he can notch those 1,100 yards he needs? I'm skeptical myself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Really? That's hilarious! Does Elliott have anything left in the tank? And does anyone think he can notch those 1,100 yards he needs? I'm skeptical myself.
    not really, he was down to 3.5 yards a carry last year which is the lowest of his career, also of note the Cowboys let Tony Pollard go who went a long way towards taking pressure off him in his last year with Dallas

No one expects him to be a top RB, but he can be effective leading a committee. He was productive at the end of last season after Stevenson went down with injury and he became the lead of the remaining committee and added a facet to his game that was never much used in Dallas when he was there by being New England's leading receiver in terms of number of receptions. He's not a star anymore, but I think he can still be a solid contributor as a veteran. He's a thousand times better than any of the back the Cowboys had last year at the pass protection aspect of being a RB (something Pollard was not that good at), and the Cowboys will be a primarily passing team (something unusual for Dallas historically but that they did last year) so as long as Zeke can pass protect, provide a check down option, and run just well enough to keep teams honest to account for the run in their schemes, he should do ok for them on a 1 year deal. Will he get 1,100 yards? Not very likely. But 800-900 as part of a committee, possibly, with a decent number of receptions to boot. And he's still a good short yardage situation back, something Dallas was terrible at last season after Zeke left. So I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the "Zeke" he was before, He's not a star back anymore, let along a superstar feature back, but he can still be an effective contributor to that offense as a one season stopgap measure.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I'd still use Zeke over 90 percent of the RBs out there. But it sounds like Dallas is going to use him like New England did, with a hybrid approach of running and catching. Still take him at least two years to get to 10,000 yards total.

Man, his career really highlights the short lifespan of a pure RB in the NFL. And the sucky salary structure for them. You get maybe 5-6 years of the big money, after your rookie deal and before you start getting the old man deals.

Frank Gore seems to be the last , long term RB who managed to defy father time. The guy could have played at 38 or 39 , but teams were afraid of his age. He was a guy who was at the end still doing great as a #2 RB in his mid to late 30s.

Tonight during RAW , Pat Mahomes went heel and let Logan Paul use his Super Bowl rings. The Chiefs players with Mahomes had his back though....

I love the facial reaction of a fan doing a WTF lol

Watching the video tour of the new KC first round receiver is pretty funny.

He's visibly upset about the facility downgrade from Texas.

I'm sure he'll get over it when he gets his first paycheck and totally forget when he gets his first SB ring.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The NFLPA maintains scores for each facility. Report cards, if you will. It includes stuff like treatment of player families, locker room, food, etc. All the way to the owner and coach.

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

KC's best category is 'coach' and their worst categories are training staff, locker room and nutritionist/dietician. Some teams, like the Bengals, managed to get an F- in some categories. Miami, meanwhile, got straight A's - frankly this does not surprise me. The Vikings got all A's and a B+, which does not surprise me because I have been there, toured the entire facility including locker rooms and it is fantastic. The Rams surprise and disappoint me because they are in a brand spanking new stadium and are getting some bad scores in facility stuff.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-30-2024 at 08:59 AM.