Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

After reading the issues, I can say your descriptions, Fuzzy, were spot-on. I rather enjoyed it and there was a solid explanation for why the audio was muted: if the world had heard Superman under Max's control, and Max saying he could easily control him indefinitely, it would hurt the public's trust in Clark, which Diana sought to prevent.

I wouldn't normally be a fan of the foremost female superheroine falling on her sword, so to speak, for the sake of a male character, but this is Superman, her close ally and general symbol of the best of humanity. People trusting in him is pretty essential to the DC Universe, so of course she wouldn't want the world to know he was turned into a dangerous puppet by someone so seemingly average.

Decent art and storytelling too. The Diana stuff took up about 12 pages per issue, so it was a good two-and-a-half issue epilogue of sorts.

Manhunter herself was a bit odd to me. A lawyer who usually represents criminals...but then puts on a costume to hunt them down at night? Okay. And her costume design wasn't much to speak of.

The one really weird thing, Diana-wise, was her being surprised at paparazzi taking pictures of her and Kate eating at a restaurant. Hasn't she been a celeb for enough years by this point to know that's what they do?

It was a really jarring moment. I know they relaunched the Wonder Woman book at this point, but Diana as a character wasn't relaunched. This is the same one who'd run an embassy a year prior.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 04-09-2024 at 08:05 PM.