Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Peter David and David Michelinie's early 1980s Spider-Man work

Peter David is one of my favorite Spider-Man writers, so I’ve been meaning to reread his 80s material in order. It gets immediately complicated since he was the lead writer on Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man for about three years, but other people filled in at times, and he also did fill-in issues for Amazing Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man.

I’ve also been meaning to reread David Michelinie’s Web of Spider-Man run, which was published around the same time, so this seems like a good time to check that out as well. I’ll likely cover his work on the character before his collaboration with Todd Mcfarlane.

Before I start with my reviews, what do you guys think of these runs? Any favorites among the Sin-Eater saga, chasing the Commuter, the Wedding, or others?

* Edit- I realized the title of the thread is a bit off since I'm looking at two runs. I'm not implying that Peter David and David Michelinie wrote Spider-Man comics in the early 80s. This is about their early Spider-Man work in the 80s, as both gentlemen would have significant contributions to Spider-Man in later years as well.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 02-12-2024 at 04:54 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets