Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Congrats, Havok-fam, for him getting the new X-Factor title.

I hope, for you, I'm totally wrong and it's brilliant. I have low low loooow expectations.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I don't need the book to last forever, just as long as the character is left in a far better place than he was at post-Axis, Hellions and Dark X-Men.

Hopefully he’s happy in this book

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am exited for Havok. I hope continuity is addressed but i just want him written good. I like the team but mostly for Alex if im being honest
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-07-2024 at 10:27 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I love the idea of Alex being in a book this coming era. He deserves it.

Very happy Alex hasn't been snubbed. He deserves this and hope to see him and Warren's friendship/relationship explored. I can't think of many notable interactions between the two.

Unhappy

Wonder if the Apocalypse twins would come up in a discussion between Warren and Alex. Awkward, probably. But Alex has sometimes been depicted as putting his feet in his mouth (to be fair, Alex's been all over the place in term of characterization.)

Alex is back at being a governemental agent? I don't mind, that set him apart from other Summers, but he was last seen being a Limbo representative, he should be one of the mutant *least* affected by the loss of Krakoa.

Hey, if it's Limbo trying to be cooperative with the US and Alex is "co-leader" because he isn't a employee Warren can boss around, it would be fun.

But that doesn't look like what we are getting, so wonders how Limbo is doing...
    Last edited by WarrensForgottenMemoryLoss; 05-08-2024 at 04:19 AM.

Alex and Susan on 1298.jpg

Hopefully, that works, first time I upload an image on the site. But I wasn't certain WHEN exactly 1298-Alex cheating on Madelye happened. But I remembered some issues had mock pin-up referencing events and characters like we knew those things already. So, confirmed that whole affair happened when both Susan and Alex were married.

Reed Richards actually becomes a main villain earlier on because of revenge and as no one believes the current Havok comes from another reality (as it is a case of possession, the body is the one from Earth-1298.)

Man, Mutant X has some GREAT character works for 616 Alex, but besides Bloodstorm, everyone else and the worldbuilding were a bit wonky in terms of writing. And really, REALLY weird.
    Last edited by WarrensForgottenMemoryLoss; 05-12-2024 at 05:45 AM.

It's funny, but going over Havok's history in the X-Factor thread led me to reread UXM #219.

Makes me wonder why he doesn't resent the X-Men more if they're willing to mess with the heads of former members under the banner of "for their own protection".

It's ancient history now, but that always stuck out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrensForgottenMemoryLoss View Post
    Alex and Susan on 1298.jpg

Hopefully, that works, first time I upload an image on the site. But I wasn't certain WHEN exactly 1298-Alex cheating on Madelye happened. But I remembered some issues had mock pin-up referencing events and characters like we knew those things already. So, confirmed that whole affair happened when both Susan and Alex were married.

Reed Richards actually becomes a main villain earlier on because of revenge and as no one believes the current Havok comes from another reality (as it is a case of possession, the body is the one from Earth-1298.)

Man, Mutant X has some GREAT character works for 616 Alex, but besides Bloodstorm, everyone else and the worldbuilding were a bit wonky in terms of writing. And really, REALLY weird.
    I read some of those early Mutant X issues and yeah, they were very clear that Alex and Sue had an affair and there was bad blood between the FF and X-Men. I'm more curious how these two characters would even be in general proximity to each other to start an affair.

And because Alex doesn't know the details about his counterpart's life, he has no idea about the affair and that Reed Richards is the last person he should go to for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Jones View Post
    It's funny, but going over Havok's history in the X-Factor thread led me to reread UXM #219.

Makes me wonder why he doesn't resent the X-Men more if they're willing to mess with the heads of former members under the banner of "for their own protection".

It's ancient history now, but that always stuck out to me.
    He might have realized later on that the X-Men were acting OOC because of the threat of the Marauders and the events of the Mutant Massacre. The Marauders, especially Malice, had been targeting each of the X-Men's allies at that point hence why they resorted to brass tactics. Something I don't think comes up is that Alex went to the X-Men because he and Lorna had spotted signs of the Brood on Earth. But because of the X-Men's telepathic manipulation, it seems Alex forgets all about warning the team about the threat of the Brood. That doesn't get picked up again until the Outback era.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    He might have realized later on that the X-Men were acting OOC because of the threat of the Marauders and the events of the Mutant Massacre. The Marauders, especially Malice, had been targeting each of the X-Men's allies at that point hence why they resorted to brass tactics. Something I don't think comes up is that Alex went to the X-Men because he and Lorna had spotted signs of the Brood on Earth. But because of the X-Men's telepathic manipulation, it seems Alex forgets all about warning the team about the threat of the Brood. That doesn't get picked up again until the Outback era.
    You're probably right, and considering everything he's done and been through since then, it'd probably be hypocritical to hold a grudge.

I should do a reread of the Outback era, honestly.
    *Due to log-in shenanigans, this is my second account, with Will J. being my original account.

I wonder why Alex even went to the X-men bc at that point in continuity, he wasnt particularly close to any of them. He quit as soon as the new team took over and had limited contact with them. By 219, half the team was made up of new characters he's never met and they were led by Magneto whom he only knew as a villian. Id have to reread it but I wonder why he wouldnt have reached out to Scott instead. Granted X-Factor at the time was presenting itself as mutant hunters, but he and Scott had a good relationship at the time and I felt that he could have talked to him. Even though he joined late, the members of X-Factor were his team members and the ones he was more familiar with, not the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder why Alex even went to the X-men bc at that point in continuity, he wasnt particularly close to any of them. He quit as soon as the new team took over and had limited contact with them. By 219, half the team was made up of new characters he's never met and they were led by Magneto whom he only knew as a villian. Id have to reread it but I wonder why he wouldnt have reached out to Scott instead. Granted X-Factor at the time was presenting itself as mutant hunters, but he and Scott had a good relationship at the time and I felt that he could have talked to him. Even though he joined late, the members of X-Factor were his team members and the ones he was more familiar with, not the X-men
    He went to the X-Men first but they mindwiped him. He starts dreaming about them so he goes back to visit them but can't find them, only Magneto, who he doesn't trust. His next choice is the Avengers but their mansion is destroyed so he doesn't contact them. He contacts Moira at Muir Island but Callisto picks up and won't give him details. You can see from the scan that he does ask about his brother's whereabouts meaning he didn't know he was part of X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    He went to the X-Men first but they mindwiped him. He starts dreaming about them so he goes back to visit them but can't find them, only Magneto, who he doesn't trust. His next choice is the Avengers but their mansion is destroyed so he doesn't contact them. He contacts Moira at Muir Island but Callisto picks up and won't give him details. You can see from the scan that he does ask about his brother's whereabouts meaning he didn't know he was part of X-Factor.
    Thanks. Its wild that he didnt know Scott was with X-Factor though as they were public figures that did press conferences and even the X-terminators made the news. Its one thing I really hated about the books back then; how contrived the secret of X-Factor was and how there was no obvious communication