Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

I didn't read the whole thread, but this could have been the perfect event to include Doctor Cyber. I hate seeing a Batman and Superman villain without them using any of hers. And Steel is not good enough. He's a grunt compare to Brainiac and Failsafe. Again, DC shows their failure to respect Wonder Woman and her rouges.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread, but this could have been the perfect event to include Doctor Cyber. I hate seeing a Batman and Superman villain without them using any of hers. And Steel is not good enough. He's a grunt compare to Brainiac and Failsafe. Again, DC shows their failure to respect Wonder Woman and her rouges.
    To be fair, Failsafe and Brainiac Queen are new villains for Supes and Bats. Dr Cyber is a classic villain to Wonder Woman, like Atomic Skull or Killer Croc.
    If they wanted a Wonder Woman villain to be in Absolute Power, it would have to be someone new like the Sovereign. And I think Tom King is keeping him close to vest.

The hi-tech factor between the two is just an excuse so that Waller has some pull with them.

So based on today’s issue of Batman:

spoilers:
    The Amazos are piloted by the other Zurs from across the Multiverse. I’m mildly more interested in this storyline now, mostly for the chance to see Superman, WW, and the rest get to beat down Batmen with powers + prep time. Wonder which Zurs will be up against which hero? I’m rooting for the Frank Miller Zur to go up against Superman .
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So based on today’s issue of Batman:

spoilers:
    The Amazos are piloted by the other Zurs from across the Multiverse. I’m mildly more interested in this storyline now, mostly for the chance to see Superman, WW, and the rest get to beat down Batmen with powers + prep time. Wonder which Zurs will be up against which hero? I’m rooting for the Frank Miller Zur to go up against Superman .
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So it's basically just Metal again only now it's robot versions of the JL piloted by evil variants of popular fictional Batman's.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So it's basically just Metal again only now it's robot versions of the JL piloted by evil variants of popular fictional Batman's.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Which means Failsafe-Zur really is the new Batman Who Laughs.
    end of spoilers XD

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    DC used the exact same quote for Dark Crisis, so it probably means nothing.
    Wow you're right

30 years prior to Dark Crisis was 1992. As far as I remember, nothing in Dark Crisis referenced anything that happened that year.

So is this in-continuity story supposed to launch a new rebooted DCU that will exist alongside the main DCU?

I'm sorry if that's been explained already. I joined this thread a bit late.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yeah, I think that somewhere between spoilers:
    Batman's killer satellite going rogue
    end of spoilers and spoilers:
    darker versions of Batman essentially ending the Multiverse or something
    end of spoilers, someone in DCU, sonewhere, should have put some contingencies in place for spoilers:
    Batman's repressed feelings
    end of spoilers
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    end of spoilers, someone in DCU, sonewhere, should have put some contingencies in place for spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Apparently it was Alfred. But he’s dead.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That seems right.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm convinced that was never a contingency.

Zur had always planned for this right from the beginning and was just playing the long-game until Batman becomes exhausted enough that Failsafe activates and he can finally gain his freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    So is this in-continuity story supposed to launch a new rebooted DCU that will exist alongside the main DCU?

I'm sorry if that's been explained already. I joined this thread a bit late.
    Short answer is “we don’t know yet”. All we know is Snyder’s “Ultimate DC” will supposedly be called “Absolute Comics” and will stand alongside - but not replace - the main DCU. It sharing the Absolute name does make it likely there will be a connection.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hoping after this Bruce realizes he’s the common factor in all of this. And maybe removed himself from Gotham to work on himself.
    end of spoilers

I read the Batman: Failsafe arc but haven’t read anything since. Has Zur En Arrh Bats taken over Failsafe?

Failsafe was supposed to be the contingency but like every AI Batman creates, things went completely sideways.

Seriously Bruce, have Mr. Terrific or Doc Magnus check your work.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-08-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Short answer is “we don’t know yet”. All we know is Snyder’s “Ultimate DC” will supposedly be called “Absolute Comics” and will stand alongside - but not replace - the main DCU. It sharing the Absolute name does make it likely there will be a connection.
    If there is a connection, am I the only one who thinks that's really strange?