Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    WTF?!? So it’s even more like an OMAC Project rip off than we thought.

Batman’s creation goes rogue and creates androids that are specifically designed to take out the heroes of the DCU.
    Which considering Absolute Power was designed first by Zdarsky, depending on how much the final product includes his ideas, this actually explains the similarities to past stories like Omac Project.

His Batman run already is extremally referential and heavily reuses plot points and stories from past writers such as Morrison, so Absolute Power is him once again him doing more of the same.

I have to ask, and if someone did so previously i apologize for repeating it, the Bat bot is supposed to be so OP not even Batman and the Bat clan couldn't beat it right? And it has Amazo bots at its command if i recall. And over on Superman we got Brainiac making an even more OP Braniac fueled by Kryptonian and Czarnian power and blood right? So with both of those things said...why in the hell would either one listen or even want to ally with Waller who brings what exactly to the table? This is the part i don't understand on this...actually no, i don't even understand why Waller of all people is getting elevated to the same level as say Luthor, Joker or Darkseid as the main threat of this when to my knowledge she is more like the Nick Fury of DC.

Well, Waller is certainly less heroic than Nick Fury.

That being said, her making deals with Zur-En-Arrh, Queen Brainiac and Trigon is certainly a bit over-the-top though.

I believed than DC's Nick Fury was Steve Trevor or Rick Flag.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I believed than DC's Nick Fury was Steve Trevor or Rick Flag.
    Can’t be cuz Steve and Rick don’t do anything or have any power to do anything

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Can’t be cuz Steve and Rick don’t do anything or have any power to do anything
    Agreed. Steve and Rick are just soldiers. Very capable soldiers, but soldiers all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

That being said, her making deals with Zur-En-Arrh, Queen Brainiac and Trigon is certainly a bit over-the-top though.
    TBH, i compare her to the Ultimate version of Nick Fury, he was more the ends justify the means and so on and so forth.

And that's going to end well *face palm*
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Is she really though? It feels like he gets a pass and she ...does not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is she really though? It feels like he gets a pass and she ...does not.
    I don't think either Furys have crossed the lines that Waller has. Dealing with literal devils, instigating a world crisis to discredit the current heroes, throwing heroes and villains alike into meat grinders.

The worst thing new Nick has done yet was turn Punisher over to Baron Zemo, and hell, that's not too bad.