Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Fin Fang Foom + J'onn J'onzz = The Makluan Manhunter

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Midnight Sun + Martian Manhunter = Doctor Noir (or Doc Noir), cosmic super sleuth and cookie fiend

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Midnight Sun + Martian Manhunter = Doctor Noir (or Doc Noir), cosmic super sleuth and cookie fiend
    Why do I feel like this series would end with a wide panel shot of Doc Noir OD'd on Oreo's in his apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Why do I feel like this series would end with a wide panel shot of Doc Noir OD'd on Oreo's in his apartment?
    Ha ha!

I've been under the weather all week and can no longer taste anything...or at least everything tastes like cough drops and cold medicine now. I couldn't think of a better way to go out than to OD on a pallet of cookies when my taste buds return. Doc Noir would go out in style!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ha ha!

I've been under the weather all week and can no longer taste anything...or at least everything tastes like cough drops and cold medicine now. I couldn't think of a better way to go out than to OD on a pallet of cookies when my taste buds return. Doc Noir would go out in style!
    That would be something, but hoping you get better soon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Marvel Boy and Mister America - Mister Marvel

Incredible Member

Still fleshing this one out so might come back and edit or repost later with a little more detail. Essentially a follow-up to my Moon Knight/Sandman idea, possibly follow-up with another later.

Dreamcatcher [Sleepwalker/Deadman]
    - [essentially recycle the concept of the RIPD, with Boston Brand becoming a dream following his death and being recruited by Oneiros to act as an agent in the mortal realm and serve as part of his “Dream Team” pursuing rogue dreams, nightmares, etc.]
    - [Rick Sheridan serve as reluctant host and partner to Boston Brand’s spirit, acting as the conduit by which Dreamcatcher can manifest in the material realm; revealed to be compatible host due to consequences of Oneiros absence during his imprisonment]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    Fin Fang Foom + J'onn J'onzz = The Makluan Manhunter
    This, I dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Still fleshing this one out so might come back and edit or repost later with a little more detail. Essentially a follow-up to my Moon Knight/Sandman idea, possibly follow-up with another later.

Dreamcatcher [Sleepwalker/Deadman]
    - [essentially recycle the concept of the RIPD, with Boston Brand becoming a dream following his death and being recruited by Oneiros to act as an agent in the mortal realm and serve as part of his “Dream Team” pursuing rogue dreams, nightmares, etc.]
    - [Rick Sheridan serve as reluctant host and partner to Boston Brand’s spirit, acting as the conduit by which Dreamcatcher can manifest in the material realm; revealed to be compatible host due to consequences of Oneiros absence during his imprisonment]
    This sounds intriguing. We could probably have an entire amalgam genre dedicated to characters like this.

Astonishing Member

The Creeper and the Green Goblin- Ryder Osborn- Aka- The Goblin
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 05-06-2024 at 10:25 AM.

Siryn (Marvel) + Beautiful Dreamer (DC) = Beautiful Screamer. Her voice makes you feel like you're having a really bad acid trip with reoccurring episodes.

Serpent Society (Marvel) + Crime Syndicate of America (DC) = The Ssssyndicate

Ultimate Member

Siryn (Marvel) + Beautiful Dreamer (DC) = Beautiful Screamer. Her voice makes you feel like you're having a really bad acid trip with reoccurring episodes.

Serpent Society (Marvel) + Crime Syndicate of America (DC) = The Ssssyndicate
    Ha, I love this two! Maybe just Serpent Syndicate, though, to be less silly, but I love the idea of a Serpent Society that has gone all Crime Syndicate and taken over and become a big name threat, and not a bunch of snake-themed jobbers. Perhaps them getting tied into the cult of Set and the Serpent Crown could result in that sort of glow-up. Although a Serpent Syndicate that followed the Crime Syndicate model, with a snake theme, could be funny. Superman is a snake-alien. Batman is replaced by that Venezuelan reptile-themed version from the old Superfriends book / the Global Guardians, Bushmaster, I think? Black Racer takes the Flash / Johnny Quick role. Etc.

Beautiful Screamer sounds like a more interesting (less hippy) version of Angar the Screamer!

Incredible Member

Blood Moon (Jill Badr) [Hunter's Moon + Crimson Avenger (Jill Carlyle)]

- Left hand of Oneiros of the Endless Dream [Khonshu/Dream], could be construed as the embodiment of their wrath made manifest
    - contemporary of Wes Spector [unspecified] alter ego
    - doctor cursed after using a Dream Relic to exact vengeance on a criminal responsible for the death of a patient and being left for dead by rogue dream
    - acts as both spirit of vengeance and physical conduit for those killed during Oneiros absence and subsequent chaos caused in its wake, whether innocent or not
    - possess all the accumulative knowledge of all previous host and [Fist of Khnoshu], ability to become intangible and phase through objects, psychically heal others, and innately sense & perceive perversions to the Dreaming such as rogue nightmares, disruptions of the Endless Dream, and tampering via the waking world
    - dispatched to assignments via form of teleportation in which she is transported through the Endless Dream via the shared dreams of others, though this ability is not entirely at her command and as such she cannot control it
    - suffer from constantly bleeding, unhealing gunshot wound in chest received while exacting vengeance; serve as conduit by which Oneiros initially discovered her, meant to represent damage to her soul/psyche in response to use of Dream Relics
    - in possession of Dream Relic that manifest in the form of a pair of twin colt pistols capable of firing instinctively, bullets seemingly able to pierce any substance with next to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

TRIGGER HAPPY

I'm starting to like this hypothetical amalgam world more and more. Good stuff.

Incredible Member

Shadow Knight [Shining Knight + Black Knight]
    - Name: Sir Justin Dayne
    - turned to stone shortly before Arthur’s death against Mordred at the battle of Camlann and magically held in a state of suspended animation before finally awakening almost 1500 years later; imprisonment and presence in the modern era ultimately part of plot concocted by members of Arthur’s royal court (Merlin) for the purpose of stopping unspecified threat as part of prophecy [Spoof aspects of Tom Minson's portrayal of Ichabod Crane and his role as one of the two Witnesses of the Apocalypse from the show Sleepy Hollow]
    - steward of the Ebony Blade, powerfully enchanted longsword made of unknown star metal forged as a dark counterpart to Excalibur. Sword bears a terrible curse that feeds on and exacerbates the negative aspects of its handler to feed its power, making both it and them stronger. It can deflect and even absorb most magical attacks directed against it, cut through nearly any substance apart from other enchanted weapons, transport itself to its wielder and vice-versa, and resurrect its wielder so long as they remain in contact with it when they die though the psychological toll is great. At full power, the Ebony Blade encases its wielder in black armor manifested from its dark essence, allowing them to fly and bestowing even greater abilities at the possible expense of their sanity.]
    - gifted with lightweight armor of elven make enchanted to be impervious to most damage, granting him a degree of invulnerability while worn. Stored in magical amulet while not in use.]