Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    A) The character creation set-up on CoH was insanely great.
    B) Now that you've said it, I can totally see it.
    My heart broke when they shut down that game! I know it's coming back, in a way, but I really loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    Fair about Genocide, that arc was NOT supposed to be quite so long. I think she's a good kind of villain for Diana to have, someone who is just a machine of chaos and pain, without the cunning of a lot of her other foes. But there was a mix-up in editorial, and they asked me to spend more time on the island, which I am absolutely positive they did not think through. I had time to plot to make it at least fit the pages, but I think it would have had more impact with a little less space. Also, I designed the costume, so that's not Aaron's fault. AND I designed it using character options from City of Heroes!
    That's really cool, I think Aaron Lopresti is a really underrated WW artist.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's really cool, I think Aaron Lopresti is a really underrated WW artist.
    I agree. And he KILLED on Wonder Woman vs. Conan. But I know he's having big success with his independent stuff.

I agree. And he KILLED on Wonder Woman vs. Conan. But I know he's having big success with his independent stuff.
    Yeah, I was really happy to see him on the Conan crossover when I picked that.

I enjoyed your BC and Powergirl crossovers you did with WW, are there any other DC heroines you'd have wanted to pair WW off with? Big Barda's an obvious one but I've always thought Zatanna works great for teaming up with Diana if DC wanted to copy the "World's Finest" gimmick for WW.

I think [Genocide is] a good kind of villain for Diana to have, someone who is just a machine of chaos and pain, without the cunning of a lot of her other foes.
    I was not a huge fan of Genocide at first, but I have grown to love what she brings to the table. I also love that she is an unstoppable tornado of destruction that can go mano a mano with Diana, and I would love to see her return.

I haven’t read the run since the original publication. A lot of it has faded into the mists. LOL That’s not a reflection of the work, but I find now that I’m…of a certain age I don’t remember the specifics of comic runs like I used to.

I will say with my chest, though, that The Circle was a terrific opening arc.

ETA: Oh, and Ms. Simone, aren’t you the one responsible for WW getting her own forum on this site?
    Last edited by Largo161; 03-04-2024 at 11:58 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I haven’t read the run since the original publication. A lot of it has faded into the mists. LOL That’s not a reflection of the work, but I find now that I’m…of a certain age I don’t remember the specifics of comic runs like I used to.

I will say with my chest, though, that The Circle was a terrific opening arc.

ETA: Oh, and Ms. Simone, aren’t you the one responsible for WW getting her own forum on this site?

First, thank you, The Circle is probably my favorite superhero story I have ever written. I feel it's unlike any other WW story. It's also a story that weirdly, I get asked to talk about at colleges to this day.

And I am indeed the one who asked for a Wonder Woman forum. The DC COMICS general forum was fine, but I was getting guests and interviews and art previews and such, and with the volume of threads
    there, sometimes a really cool thing would be down the page before people even got to see it. Jonah was not convinced it would have enough traffic but for a long time, it was REALLY busy, and I am thrilled
    to see it's still busy!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I was not a huge fan of Genocide at first, but I have grown to love what she brings to the table. I also love that she is an unstoppable tornado of destruction that can go mano a mano with Diana, and I would love to see her return.
    She has shown up a couple times, but I love your description of her, and Diana taking the Lasso back is one of my favorite moments in the entire run.