Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just want to know when DC will stop being jerks and finally start releasing the Baxter series in trases. It is just inconceivable that trash like the 2nd Waid and the Bendis runs have been collected in full while the Levitz stuff has NEVER (outside of the first 13 issues) been collected in any form. I mean WTF?!? That run is considered THE BEST by nearly everyone, and yet DC being petty assholes refuses to put it out even though people have been screaming at them too for 3 decades now. There are literally 50+ issues of prime Legion stories that new fans have probably never seen because they are not available except in back issues.

DC needs to stop being petty and give the people what they want. You can collected the whole Baxter series in either 3 thick trades or 2 omnis.

https://x.com/mikeljanin/status/1791...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Johns brought back his Retroboot after all. Maybe that’s why JSA took so long, editorial wanted the Bendisboot and he put his foot down and said no. Will they stick around? Guess we will find out once the new JSA direction gets announced.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They're baaaaaack.....

I wish Saturn Girl could have long hair again.

what does James Gunn say about the Legion at this point? We need to see them in live action sooner rather than 20 years from now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm so happy to see the Retroboot Legion back. Although I don't know what the chances are we get a new Legion ongoing anytime soon... probably only if James Gunn plans to include them in his DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm so happy to see the Retroboot Legion back. Although I don't know what the chances are we get a new Legion ongoing anytime soon... probably only if James Gunn plans to include them in his DCU.
    Maybe if the Supergirl movie is a big hit, they'll feature heavily in the sequel....? (faint hope...) Honestly, it would eliminate the "where's Clark" of it all and "Superman's shadow" issue - stick her in the 31st century and have her be the greatest hero of that world.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe if the Supergirl movie is a big hit, they'll feature heavily in the sequel....? (faint hope...) Honestly, it would eliminate the "where's Clark" of it all and "Superman's shadow" issue - stick her in the 31st century and have her be the greatest hero of that world.
    I mean, DCAU was apparently setting up a LoSH series with the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Remind me? Retroboot LEGION was the one that was the Levitz league with a few updates/tweaks by Geoff Johns in ACTION COMICS ?

Also featured in their own book by Levitz, himself? (seeing a collection called LEGION OF SUPERHEROES:THE CHOICE )
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-18-2024 at 07:47 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Some of that Retroboot art was hot. I particularly liked Wildfire with the Kirby dots. Not so much a fan of some of the other changes, to the ladies, in particular, like Dreamy changing from platinum blonde to just blonde, Projectra's ludicrous boob window and Yera having hair, at all. And some of the dudes seemed to busy up their costumes to not-remotely-an-improvement, like Invisible Jacques and Polar Boy.

Still, Yildray Cinar (sp?) had some really great art!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-18-2024 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Remind me? Retroboot LEGION was the one that was the Levitz league with a few updates/tweaks by Geoff Johns in ACTION COMICS ?

Also featured in their own book by Levitz, himself? (seeing a collection called LEGION OF SUPERHEROES:THE CHOICE )
    That's correct. It's as close to the original Legion as it gets basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I know the designs can be divisive amongst Legion fans but I loved Gary Frank’s redesigned costumes. Yes, I even like Imra with short hair.

Definitely loved seeing Timber Wolf with the spiked hair again.

Unfortunately all the interesting concepts Johns came up with were trashed by Levitz. Still can’t believe he dedicated so much of his run to making Earth Man a hero.