Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC Pride 2024

Jackson and Orion is a random team-up.

Who is that with Constantine?

That Jon Kent art...yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Nubia is together with Io the weaponsmith of the Amazons. Don't think they have said if she is a lesbian just that she likes women.
    I think her mini portrayed her as Bi. She was at least somewhat receptive to the advances of a male character in her past life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This is such a random group of characters. Bunker is in Tim's generation, and the Ray is like a decade older than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    This is such a random group of characters. Bunker is in Tim's generation, and the Ray is like a decade older than them.
    Bunker is Jon's age mate I believe due to Jon's aged up making him older than Tim and Kon. Kon is currently still in high school.

Not a fan of the art style but a boys night out sounds promising.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bunker is Jon's age mate I believe due to Jon's aged up making him older than Tim and Kon. Kon is currently still in high school.

Well the Kon still being in highschool bit is from a backup that has a weird developmental history and probably isn't canon.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah that how I feel when Raven and beast boy are on teams led by Tim drake oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

It's less about age and more about the fact they've never interacted before. I like the idea of gay superheroes hanging out with each other, but it's almost never shown outside of the Pride issues, so it just feels hollow.

Ray was rebooted. He debuted in Orlando's JLA if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ray was rebooted. He debuted in Orlando's JLA if I remember right.
    That's when he got older. He used to be closer in age to the YJ characters, until they got stuck as teens.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Now we know that DC does not care about ages and generations. They will throw anyone anywhere just to sell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

The Strange Case of Harleen and Harley interior art by Jenn St-Onge and Jeremy Lawson

The Strange Case of Harleen and Harley cover by Jenn St-Onge
    I am SO EXCITED for this one!!!

I really do love when DC does these kinds of stories and their PRIDE stories in general.

But I am always ALWAYS wondering why don't they ever give us a Scandal Savage PRIDE story with both of her wives? Because that's also polyam representation in addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now we know that DC does not care about ages and generations. They will throw anyone anywhere just to sell a story.
    Is it DC or writers in this case? I have hard time believing that DC editors even remember Bunker.

Wasn't there a DC LGBT+ thread to discuss queer characters and media? Wanted to find it as I really want to recommend Dead Boy Detectives on Netflix. It definitely deserves a chance at being discovered by a wider audience.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wasn't there a DC LGBT+ thread to discuss queer characters and media? Wanted to find it as I really want to recommend Dead Boy Detectives on Netflix. It definitely deserves a chance at being discovered by a wider audience.
    I think that was an appreciation thread, guess a new one one was never created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is it DC or writers in this case? I have hard time believing that DC editors even remember Bunker.
    In most cases it's either or both depending the book in question.

In this case when you have a small pool of LGBTQA+ characters-it's easier to remember.

Especially one in a Bunker who aside from Batwoman, Tim Drake (now), Aqualad, Hellblazer and Todd Rice-has a ton of appearances in books.

Remember he was in a Teen Titans book not the New Guardians or Baby Doomsday.

That is a book that will be on a TON of book shelves. So yeah it's possible for folks to remember Bunker.