Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics August 2024 Solicitations

Thoughts:

- So Dreamer's mini is going to end with her stuck as a precog machine in Waller's war efforts and a surprise heroic traitor?

- Barry back in the spotlight and the fastest Speedster left. That might rankle some toes.

- I like the classic SS (complete with Bronze Tiger and Enchantress!) on that Waller cover. That's all I really have to say about it.

- Looks like things are improving between Bruce and Selina in Zdarsky's run, at least in this tie-in.

- Jamal Campbell Zatanna looks amazing. I don't even care that she doesn't have her magic.

- The Super Sons finally appear in the present-day Wonder Woman storyline...well, at least Damian does.

- Jeremy Adams looks like he's really starting to push Star Sapphire as a hero in his GL run. But "Shadow Lanterns?" Is that building out of the current UP conspiracy? GL stealth squad?

- I still haven't read the original Zero Hour.

- That's a surprisingly cute Jenny Sparks cover. I guess it's not a surprise that they're having one of their top writers pushing more Authority stuff, but they're also dragging poor Captain Atom into it.

- More DC vs Vampires...for the people who enjoy that.

- Dark Knights of Steel Killer Frost is all I care about.

- I'm here for Gotham by Gaslight Catwoman. Hope they also don't do a bad Wonder Woman, but I won't hold my breath.

- Guess we'll find out who is taking over 'Tec soon.

- Williamson resolving the grudge against Bane in his own way. I'm curious how Bane will fare here because Williamson also wrote Bane's "One Bad Day" story.

- Bruce in the Nigtwhing suit? Uh...not sure how to feel about that.

- Gotham City Sirens are back! As a placeholder for each ladies' respective ongoing! And in a crazy and ridiculous plot that could only be brought to you by Leah Williams! But it might genuinely be fun and I wouldn't mind a genuine ongoing coming out of it. They're certainly selling their weight in variants.

- The Birds of Prey meet their chibi selves?

- Poor Power Girl can't find a good guy to save her life.

- Wanna bet Zod and Sinestro end up teaming-up by the end of this fight? I mean, their sons are a duo now.

- That Flash cover...oof. Also, I hope Jesse grows her hair back, I don't think she can pull off short hair. Though the art doesn't help. Looks like Wally and Linda's relationship will be the key to everything (again).

- I hope the end of War Journal isn't the end of John Steward headlining his own comic. Also, Metropolis is now "his" city? Okay.

- Waller needs Ivo to continue building her more Amazo's? Also, where's Mia?

- I'm looking forward to a post-Johns JSA at this point. Also, Retroboot Legion?

- Mary already back leading the story with Billy out of commission in a Josie Campbell comic. Should I be surprised?

- Clark Kent arrested by Team Seven!

- The idea of Zatanna dealing with Bunny Girls feels oddly appropriate.

- I am so here for more Primer.

Probably just Batman and Robin 12 for me. Although the Sirens mini looks like fun.

So looking forward to this Absolute Power story to be done. The Waller plague has been bringing down the DCU for a long while now. She used to be one of my favorite characters but she’s pretty much been ruined.

Zero Hour 30th Anniversary
    Jenny Sparks
    Gotham By Gasight: Kryptonian Age
    Batman: Offworld
    Action Comics (Yay Gail!!!)
    Batman/Superman
    Green Lantern: War Journal (sadly the last issue)
    JSA (if it does indeed come out on that date)
    Zatanna
    Plastic Man first appearance (POLICE COMICS #1 FACSIMILE EDITION)

Haha wow almost all out of continuity books. I seriously have not been less interested in the main line since I started collected DC comics.

With how bad their overall sales apparently are it seems I’m not the only one.
    Last edited by Robotman; Yesterday at 07:13 PM.

Wonder Woman

Maybe:
    Jenny Sparks
    Zatanna

Wonder how Waid will try to make Diana get treated as an inferior by Supes and Bats this time around.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The Zero Hour special
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern War Journal final issue
    Batman and Robin
    Batman
    Titans
    Nightwing
    X-Men Forever